19 replies to this topic

#1 beth01

beth01

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 397 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 06:30 PM

I know this is a TMI, but I have had chronic constipation and slow movement my whole life or diarrhea so I am excited to share and I know you all understand!

I have actually had a whole week where I pooped everyday!!!!!  Never happened to me before in my life.  All normal, not too soft, not too hard, still a rainbow but hey, I pooped every day.  Just had to share my excitement with people who understand. Thanks for reading lol

Diagnosed April 7th 2014

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 nvsmom

nvsmom

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,354 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 07:18 PM

YEAH!  LOL :lol:  :D

Nicole Posted Image

"Acceptance is the key to happiness."

ITP - 1993
Celiac - June, 2012
Hypothyroid - August, 2012

CANADIAN

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#3 LauraTX

LauraTX

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,252 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 10:28 PM

I, too, have joy of this nature when things are going smoothly.  LOL.  You are not alone in the happy poop boat!

I am my husband's "Silly Yak Girl" :)
I was diagnosed with Celiac Disease in January 2013. I also have Lupus and Common Variable Immunodeficiency(CVID) for which I am on IVIG.

#4 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,550 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 03:42 AM

super-happy-dance-smiley-emoticon.gif

Oh yes.....we always celebrate the "normal BM" around here for sure! (I had alternating bowels aka "IBS") my entire life, so I truly "get this"!

There is so much joy in not having one's life ruled by the amount of time spent in the loo. 

Keep up the good work! 

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

#5 beth01

beth01

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 397 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 11:55 AM

My boyfriend thought I was crazy for posting this until I let him read the responses, he laughed.  I feel like I just graduated Poop School at the age of 37.  I hate to see what a diploma from there would look like lol.

Diagnosed April 7th 2014

#6 icelandgirl

icelandgirl

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 365 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 03:29 PM

My boyfriend thought I was crazy for posting this until I let him read the responses, he laughed.  I feel like I just graduated Poop School at the age of 37.  I hate to see what a diploma from there would look like lol.

I'm super excited for you! I had D constantly for months...had a solid BM after a month gluten free and was so excited. I told my husband...I had a normal poop...me!
January 2014-Celiac
August 2014- Hashimoto's

"You never know how strong you are, until being strong is your only choice."
Bob Marley

#7 horseatemymoney

horseatemymoney

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 09:02 AM

I'm super excited for you! I had D constantly for months...had a solid BM after a month gluten free and was so excited. I told my husband...I had a normal poop...me!

I know how you feel.  I have been a stranger to constipation all my life.  Just recently I flew home from a family visit, and got a bit dehydrated.  I was fairly delighted when I suffered my first real episode of constipation.  I cured it with a celebratory bowl of icecream.  As I am lactose intolerant, it was not pretty, but it was effective. 

#8 Serielda

Serielda

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 11:21 AM

No, I for one get that being very new to all of this myself.  I for one cheered at what seemed to be a normal trip to the bathroom.

I know this is a TMI, but I have had chronic constipation and slow movement my whole life or diarrhea so I am excited to share and I know you all understand!

I have actually had a whole week where I pooped everyday!!!!!  Never happened to me before in my life.  All normal, not too soft, not too hard, still a rainbow but hey, I pooped every day.  Just had to share my excitement with people who understand. Thanks for reading lol

#9 Currantbun

Currantbun

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 01:34 AM

I have had chronic constipation my whole life and since going gluten-free and DF I have yellow diarrhoea :huh:  

#10 NatureChick

NatureChick

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 04:16 PM

Hahahahahaha. Just saw this. Too funny.

#11 kareng

kareng

Be Royal

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,121 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 05:01 PM

I have had chronic constipation my whole life and since going gluten-free and DF I have yellow diarrhoea :huh:

Hahahahahaha. Just saw this. Too funny.

I don't think this is funny.   :unsure:

LTES

"We've waited 29 years for this and not even a Giant can stand in our way." - Mayor Sly James

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#12 NatureChick

NatureChick

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 09:25 PM

I don't think this is funny.

I was rather peeved when I first saw this comment and had a few choice words.

But I edited and will simply clarify that I generally don't get into discussions with other people commenting in a thread, hijacking the conversation or taking it in a different direction. Rather, I respond to the original poster's comment. It is their thread.

I still think that beth's post was quite humorous, very human, and I love when people share their embarrassments as well as their pride, and in this case, a little of both.

Beth01, kudos to you for having a sense of humor despite all that you are going through. 

#13 LauraTX

LauraTX

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,252 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 10:08 PM

I don't think this is funny.

kareng, 

I get that you like to criticize other people's posts. But did it cross your mind that I was responding to the original post and not commenting on the post before mine? 

Some of us like to stick to the topic that the original poster started rather than get into arguments with other people commenting.

I give you the benefit of the doubt and presume that you have the best of intentions, but a lot of the time, it feels as if you are bullying other people, as you just did to me.

This is the joy of the internet and specifically, message boards.  Naturechick, you replied to the OP.  It was read by someone else as a reply to the comment above your reply, since you hadn't quoted anyone.  It does look like currantbun could use a little help in this department and not be laughed at, and the wonderful setup of the internet message board thing is going to lead to misunderstandings like this.  I don't think Karen's comment is bullying... you can really read through the thread two ways, and in one she is the one who is not nice, and in the other Naturechick is the one who is not nice.  If you read through it as given, it does seem like your comment wasn't the nice one, so it is good to get clarification that you were laughing at the overall jist of the thread.  Because poop=funny.  I don't care how old you are.

I was diagnosed with Celiac Disease in January 2013. I also have Lupus and Common Variable Immunodeficiency(CVID) for which I am on IVIG.

#14 GeorgeDaniel

GeorgeDaniel

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 10:09 PM

I also will not forget the day when mine started to come out like clockwork ;) 

CONGRATULATIONS! WE ARE HAPPY FOR YOU! ;) ;) ;) 

#15 LauraTX

LauraTX

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,252 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 10:23 PM

Oh yes, I remember why I navigated to this thread today, now.  I had a great GI day!  Congrats to us all, and to those who have yet to attain it, we are here to help you through your journey!  bathroom-smoke.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: