19 replies to this topic

#16 user001

user001

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 04:08 AM

I had one of those S poos that they talk about on Dr OZ for the first time last week. I was pretty pleased with myself.  Congrats on your poo

Beef and pork free due to intolerance since 2005, Gluten free since March 2014, Coffee free due to a developed intolerance June 2014, Egg free due to a developed intolerance August 2014
Misdiagnosed since 2000 with chronic fatigue syndrome, major depression and anxiety disorder.
Requested doc test for Celiac disease in April 2014.
Blood test positive for  Celiac disease May 2014.

Celiac Dx confirmed via small intestine biopsy 6/26/14
Fatigue,.depression, anxiety, daily headaches, and a laundry list of other symptoms have diminished slowly since I stopped eating gluten.

Who knows how much longer I would have suffered if I continued to rely on doctors to think of testing me for celiac disease.

BE AN ADVOCATE FOR YOUR OWN HEALTH!

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 user001

user001

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 04:15 AM

I have had chronic constipation my whole life and since going gluten-free and DF I have yellow diarrhoea :huh:  

I used to have this daily or even sometimes and even orange color. I did have it after going gluten-free too, but less often now, and it seems to be getting better daily. I would talk to my doctor about it, your poos should be getting better not worse.

Beef and pork free due to intolerance since 2005, Gluten free since March 2014, Coffee free due to a developed intolerance June 2014, Egg free due to a developed intolerance August 2014
Misdiagnosed since 2000 with chronic fatigue syndrome, major depression and anxiety disorder.
Requested doc test for Celiac disease in April 2014.
Blood test positive for  Celiac disease May 2014.

Celiac Dx confirmed via small intestine biopsy 6/26/14
Fatigue,.depression, anxiety, daily headaches, and a laundry list of other symptoms have diminished slowly since I stopped eating gluten.

Who knows how much longer I would have suffered if I continued to rely on doctors to think of testing me for celiac disease.

BE AN ADVOCATE FOR YOUR OWN HEALTH!

#18 kareng

kareng

Gobble! Gobble!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,244 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 04:21 AM

I was rather peeved when I first saw this comment and had a few choice words.

I still think that beth's post was quite humorous, very human, and I love when people share their embarrassments as well as their pride, and in this case, a little of both.

Beth01, kudos to you for having a sense of humor despite all that you are going through. 

Glad to hear that.

Thanksgiving dinners take 18 hours to prepare.  They are consumed in 12 minutes.  Half-times take 12 minutes.  This is not a coincidence.  - Emma Bombeck

dancing-turkey.gif

#19 124chicksinger

124chicksinger

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 01:34 PM

I know this is a TMI, but I have had chronic constipation and slow movement my whole life or diarrhea so I am excited to share and I know you all understand!

I have actually had a whole week where I pooped everyday!!!!!  Never happened to me before in my life.  All normal, not too soft, not too hard, still a rainbow but hey, I pooped every day.  Just had to share my excitement with people who understand. Thanks for reading lol

I know what you mean.  After my scopes, it took 6 days to have a BM.  After fits and starts with getting "regular" - avoiding the gluten has made me regular.  If I don't go daily, with a solid BM, at least I'm going every other day.  I still have occasional D, but not nearly like it used to be.

I have also been able to maintain my weight between 163 and 167, depending on the day, the time of day, etc. when weighed, but I'm not following a weight loss plan, and I have begun to eat some gluten-free sweets (let me say, Tate's gluten-free choc. chip cookies are the bomb).  I am on vacation this week, and after its over, I plan to eat "better" again.  2 years ago, I weighed 200 lbs.

After about 3 months of avoiding sweets, except the occasional ice cream (and I really don't like ice cream much) I missed the crunch of a baked good, especially muffins.  I bought Bob's gluten-free corn bread mix, and that was doing it for me.  My husband brought home Udi's bagels, and a brand of gluten-free bread called All But Gluten, and I have to say, I do enjoy eating a hard boiled egg on toast again!

Anyhow, avoiding the gluten has "normalized" my digestion and my BMs, so I know where you are coming from.  

#20 Soozy

Soozy

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 06:59 AM

LOL, Not too much TMI at all !!! That's why we are all here!!!! I too, have the exact same problem. Its good to know that according to you all, I'm 'normal'.  I was only diagnosed 2 weeks ago so I look forward to being "consistent" !!! (and healthy!!) I am severely anemic (which is how we found out that I had Celiac Disease) and need to take iron supplements but it gives me horrible liquid diarrhea!!!(TMI???)  I was taking ferrous gluconate as its only 35mg, and supposedly easier on the digestive system, but now the doctor has me taking ferrous sulfate, which is 60mg......time will tell. Anyone else anemic?? What are you supplementing with?? Let's get our poop in a group!!! heehee from Canada.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: