#1 Pegleg84

Pegleg84

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 595 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 08:39 AM

Hey guys,

Just wanted to post a "good news" story.

I was in Chicago this past weekend, which is just about one of the best places for Celiacs. I was at a festival all weekend, and brought my own gluten-free beer stash (which I got at the slightly sketchy liquor store down the street. they had a better selection last year, but it did the trick). By Sunday, I had caught the "BBQ flu" as we're calling it and could definitely not handle a beer.

Anyway, I was introduced to a friend's wife, who was mentioning that she had trouble finding things to eat sometimes and turned out she also had Celiac! After us chatting about that for a bit, I remembered: "Do you want a beer?" I asked. The look of pure joy on her face was priceless. Made me feel better just to make her happy.

Has anyone else had one of those moments, when you find out there's a fellow gluten sufferer and have something to share with them, or vice versa.

In any case, I thought I'd mention it, cause it was a very nice moment. Next year at this thing we'll be gluten-free beer-ing it up together!

Cheers!

~ Be a light unto yourself. ~ - The Buddha

- Gluten-free since March 2009 (not officially diagnosed, but most likely Celiac). Symptoms have greatly improved or disappeared since.
- Soy intolerant. Dairy free (likely casein intolerant). Problems with eggs, quinoa, brown rice

- mild gastritis seen on endoscopy Oct 2012. Not sure if healed or not.
- Family members with Celiac: Mother, sister, aunt on mother's side, aunt and uncle on father's side, more being diagnosed every year.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 nvsmom

nvsmom

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,067 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 07:58 PM

:) Good for you! Sounds like you made her day.  

Nicole Posted Image

"Acceptance is the key to happiness."

ITP - 1993
Celiac - June, 2012
Hypothyroid - August, 2012

CANADIAN

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: