2 replies to this topic

#1 KCG91

KCG91

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 09:10 AM

I'm making my third trip to Kenya in August, flying there and back with Swiss Air (so lucky that the cheapest flight also happens to be with the only certified allergy aware airline in the world!) I'm pretty confident about the flight food, has anyone flown with them recently? Any idea if I can carry an extra hold bag of prescription food?

Kenya is going to be interesting. If anyone has been before on a gluten-free diet I'd love to hear about it. I stay with the same family each time so I won't have to eat out but how I'm going to explain what gluten is, what it's in and why I don't trust the housegirl to cook for me any more is going to be complicated and probably cause some offence along the line... I'll report back! On the upside, it will definitely be a whole foods diet for a few weeks as I don't trust the labelling there at all - the only allergic reaction I've ever had was to the additives in a pack of instant noodles I had out there. 

Katie

Diagnosed with Coeliac and severe anaemia in September 2013

Gluten free 11/10/13

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 GF Lover

GF Lover

Melanoma Warrior

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,651 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 09:40 AM

Kenya, WOW  :D

Have a safe trip and yea, whole foods...lol

Colleen

HAVE A SUPER SHINY DAY

LTES gem 2014

*BiPolar, Major Depression, Anxiety *Hypothyroidism, *Celiac

*Metastatic Melanoma, *Immunotherapy Mitigated Vitiligo, *General Insanity

"We cautiously travel through life to arrive safely at our death" - J. R. C. , my Son.

Are We There Yet? and Dad says...All you have to do it ride it out.

Comments/views/opinions expressed on the site are my own and are not representative of Forum Admin/Owner

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

hairy-spider-smiley-emoticon.gif

#3 KCG91

KCG91

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 11:35 AM

Hehe thank you! I fell in love with the place during my gap year in 2010-11 and now run a small charity building classrooms at rural schools. I haven't been for two years and it feels like going home after a long time away. Luckily my favourite dish - githeri - is basically a bean and potato stew and the 30p mangoes are also gluten free ;) Mmm...mango!

Katie

Diagnosed with Coeliac and severe anaemia in September 2013

Gluten free 11/10/13

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: