Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Cc And Food Cravings

3 posts in this topic

How does everyone handle being faced with cross contamination and the food cravings that accompany it?

Ads by Google:

Are you talking about two separate issues, or do you experience food cravings as a result of eating contaminated food?

If you are talking about seeing something that is likely, and since you are unable to safely eat it, you crave it for the rest of the day, that sort of thing...

A good way to feel happier with your choice is to think of how ill you would have been had you eaten it.  Also, a lot of people learn to cook after a celiac diagnosis and will learn their favorite recipes that they can make themselves and safely gluten-free.  If you are going somewhere where food is being served, you can eat ahead of time so you don't have the temptation to eat CC'd food, and you can also bring your own food so you don't starve while staring at the delicious looking food.

Penelope, are you saying that you feel like you have food cravings after you have been cross contaminated?

Im not sure about the cross contamination and food cravings but I have noticed that I have had ridiculous hunger somedays for as long as i can remember. I assume its from not absorbing nutrients properly. I have heard every craving is associated with a deficiency of some sort. I think i heard that chocolate cravings were associated with a lack of magnesium and so on.Something for you to research.

I know something that helps me with the insane hunger is taking cider vinegar tablets 2 once a day, my grandmother (now deceased but I knew she was un diagnosed celiac) always used cider vinegar to settle her stomach, seems to help me too.  and just eating more fresh, whole foods. Be sure to steam your veggies a bit to make them easier to digest.