This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

AJO21

nora-n Rookie

IgG type antibodies take a long time to go away, and can take a year or so to go down to below the range after going gluten free

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

nora-n Rookie

How high/low is your total IgA? 

We have seen that some have lowish IgA and it is reported as normal.

AJO21 Newbie

Biopsies from endoscopy/colonoscopy all came back negative, just some mild gastritis, so now what? He said to stick with the gluten free dairy free diet, which I have been doing for a week now and my headaches have gone away, but none of my other symptoms have improved at all. So now I don't know what to do from here. Everything was negative so if its not celiac and its caused by gluten shouldn't I be feeling better by now? If anyone could help me out here that would be great because now I have no idea what the cause could be and my doctor didn't say anything other than to follow Gluten free  while longer and follow up at an appointment in 2 months. Sorry for rambling I am just a little frustrated now, thinking that I would have at least had an answer after a the colonoscopy/endoscopy. Thanks for listening again.

LauraTX Rising Star

If you feel better on a gluten-free/DF diet, then it is a good idea to stay on it for the 2 month trial period until you see your doctor again.  Did you get the results of your bloodwork?

AJO21 Newbie

I have not really felt better on the diet, although its only been a week, I've actually been a little worse in terms of GI symptoms but my headaches have gone away, that's the only improvement so far. And the only blood work that I have had done is the initial blood work where my IgA serum was very low/deficient and my IgG was positive.  

cyclinglady Grand Master

I did not feel even a little bit better until I was six weeks into the diet. I felt normal closer to a year. Everyone is different. What I am trying to say is that you need to be patient and I know that is difficult. Also, consider eliminating dairy. That might help too,

In any case, you really need to stick it out at least until your next doctor's visit. This is just another "test" that your doctor is putting you through.

Watch for cross contamination and check all labels for hidden gluten.

AJO21 Newbie

Yeah I will definitely give it some more time, thanks for the advice. I just figured that because the endoscopy was negative that things would improve quickly if it was only an intolerance to gluten as the test ruled out celiac. And I have also eliminated dairy. I have been lactose intolerant for years but have become significantly more sensitive to all forms of dairy in the past year.  

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Archived