2 replies to this topic

#1 salaw

salaw

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 09:28 PM

I have been having lower left abdominal pain on/off for a couple months now. Ob/gyn did ultrasound, came up normal. I've been to urgent care, doc couldn't come up with anything. Has anyone else experienced this? It's near my left hip, it isn't debilitating it's just there.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 LauraTX

LauraTX

Advanced Community Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,349 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 10:16 PM

Hi Salaw, and welcome to the forum!  Do you have Celiac disease?  As for your lower left abdominal pain, since you have ruled out female issues, the likely cause is gas or constipation.  There are two bends in the colon in that area (see this pic:http://img.webmd.com...pages/colon.jpg) and if you are prone to constipation, things can get hung up around there.  You can rule out gas by taking some gas-x and seeing if it helps.  If it doesn't, it may help you to do things to improve the flow of things, there is a ton of information on the internet about help with constipation, but make improvements in your diet before you try medicine or any natural remedies.

I am my husband's "Silly Yak Girl" :)
I was diagnosed with Celiac Disease in January 2013. I also have Lupus and Common Variable Immunodeficiency(CVID) for which I am on IVIG.

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#3 salaw

salaw

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 10:44 PM

Thank you for the reply! I do have celiac disease. I'm not constipated. I haven't tried gas-x I'll have to give that ago.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: