Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Glucose Syrup From Poland

7 posts in this topic

I heard that, was it england? or all of europe? i dont remember, but someplace over there makes it's glucose syrup with wheat. Is this also accurate for poland? I have candies imported from poland that are made with it.

Ads by Google:

Glucose syrup can be made from 6 different sources.  (Corn, potatoes, wheat, barley, rice and cassava) US source is commonly corn.  You would have to contact the Manufacturer of the Candies to find out what they are sourced with if not on the ingredient list.

Colleen

Glucose syrup is a highly refined sugar, and is gluten-free regardless of what the source was. In the US and Canada, if wheat is the source, that must be disclosed on the label.

Glucose syrup is a highly refined sugar, and is gluten-free regardless of what the source was. In the US and Canada, if wheat is the source, that must be disclosed on the label.

Ok so even if it's imported from overseas in a foreign foods store, the ingredients list would have to comply under canada's rules and state that there's wheat?

Ok so even if it's imported from overseas in a foreign foods store, the ingredients list would have to comply under canada's rules and state that there's wheat?

Yes, to be sold legally in Canada, it must conform to Canadian label rules.

Peter, Thanks for clarifying.

Colleen

So, where can I buy the glucose syrup?

I think they are talking about it as an ingredient in different products - not separately.