8 replies to this topic

#1 MoMof2Boyz

MoMof2Boyz

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 10:20 AM

I don't know if it's DH or not, I can post pics later.  It's all over the front of my thighs and some on the back of my thighs. There's a little bit on my forearms, palmside. I don't think it's folliculitis, I read this only appears in areas where there's hair, and there's no hair on that area of my forearms. The rash looks like little bumps/pimples and it's very itchy. :(   Can't figure out what it is, there's been no new skincare products/perfumes/body sprays/ no new meds or foods except I've had 2 hamburger buns that had wheat and rye in it. I'm not completely gluten-free but have never had a reaction like this when eating gluten. My dh thinks it can be a chlorine rash but i read that this particular rash looks like chicken pox, and mine doesn't look like that, and I"ve been out of the pool for 5 days and this rash isn't going away. Does it sound like it could be DH?

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 GF Lover

GF Lover

Melanoma Warrior

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,591 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 10:45 AM

Maybe check out the Photo's on the DH thread.  It's very difficult to diagnose DH.

Colleen

HAVE A SUPER SHINY DAY

LTES gem 2014

*BiPolar, Major Depression, Anxiety *Hypothyroidism, *Celiac

*Metastatic Melanoma, *Immunotherapy Mitigated Vitiligo, *General Insanity

"We cautiously travel through life to arrive safely at our death" - J. R. C. , my Son.

Are We There Yet? and Dad says...All you have to do it ride it out.

Comments/views/opinions expressed on the site are my own and are not representative of Forum Admin/Owner

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

hairy-spider-smiley-emoticon.gif

#3 MoMof2Boyz

MoMof2Boyz

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 02:33 PM

Thanks! I"ll check out those pics. I posted in this forum because the dh forum doesn't seem to be very active.

#4 GF Lover

GF Lover

Melanoma Warrior

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,591 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 03:21 PM

All of us Moderators and other Advanced members check all the threads.  Yours will be seen, I promise  :)

Colleen

HAVE A SUPER SHINY DAY

LTES gem 2014

"We cautiously travel through life to arrive safely at our death" - J. R. C. , my Son.

Comments/views/opinions expressed on the site are my own and are not representative of Forum Admin/Owner

#5 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,473 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 04:31 PM

If you are strictly gluten-free, I am not sure why you would trigger DH now. The blisters are active or form when gluten is consumed.

EDITED TO SAY; OKAY, SORRY

I just re-read your post and I see you are NOT gluten-free...so you should probably get tested. 

i HAVE SEEN YOU ON THE FORUM FOR A WHILE, SO I THOUGHT YOU WERE gluten-free ALREADY. 

My mistake...

Just know that not all rashes are DH. For example, I get rashes and I do not have DH.

DH is extremely itchy and the sores ooze. I have seen a few bad cases of it up close and it's pretty bad.  :(

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

#6 bluewhitesky

bluewhitesky

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 07:37 AM

DH can take many different forms. My DS's DH starts off like little itchy bump/pimples on his forearms and legs. 

#7 MoMof2Boyz

MoMof2Boyz

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 06:52 AM

I wasn't completely gluten free when my iron levels started dropping so I   wanted to test for celiac again because of my iron issues.The lab would only test TtG IgG and DGP I gG and those were negative. I"m still eating gluten because i want to see what my iron levels will be at my appt. next month, and if my doc feels I need a biopsy, I won't have to wait. :)

sorry it took so long to get these pics up. Even if it isn't dh, then I hope someone has had this type of rash before or has seen it and knows what it is! Here's the link,  http://s1371.photobu...?sort=3&page=1 

#8 MoMof2Boyz

MoMof2Boyz

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 08:48 PM

rash isn't as itchy today. Hopefully, this means it will be going away!

#9 GF Lover

GF Lover

Melanoma Warrior

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,591 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 03:23 AM

Hopefully i'ts not DH at all.  Very many rashes are common with AI Diseases.  Heck they're common in every one...lol.  Good luck on your Challenge!

Colleen

HAVE A SUPER SHINY DAY

LTES gem 2014

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: