#1 lubvug

lubvug

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 04:44 AM

Hello!

I am brand new here and glad I found this place. You all seem so awesome! :) I got  a biopsy done which suggested that I have celiac so my DR sent me in for blood work. Unfortunately I do not have a follow up with him until the end of the month but was able to see my results online. I just want to confirm with you experts if I am reading them correctly, thanks so much in advance.

Name                                       Normal              Results

Tissue Transglutaminase AB     0-19                     53

Gliadin Peptide Ab IgG             0-19                     18

IGA                                            44-441                  399

Transglutaminase Ab IgA          0-19                     112

Endomysiaql igA                      <1:10                    1:160

Again! Thank you in advance! :)

-Erica

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 nvsmom

nvsmom

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,593 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 08:56 AM

It looks like you've been positive (or almost positive) in every celiac disease test you've had done so far... You definitely belong here. Welcome to the club.  ;)  LOL

I'm not sure what your Tissue Transglutaminase is; my guess would be the tTG IgG and it is quite positive.

The Gliadin Peptide Ab IgG is the DGP IgG and you are very close to being positive.

IGA is the total serum IgA which checkes to ensure you make enough IgA for the IgA based tests (ie. tTG IgA) to be accurate - and you do.

Transglutaminase Ab IgA is the tTG IgA and you are very positive in that - over 5 times above normal.

Endomysial IgA is the EMA IgA.  It is a titire that is diluted every titration.  A titatration less than 1:10 is normal. After that the titrations double each time (1:20, 1:40, 1:80, 1:160).  Yours is very positive. The EMA IgA is extremely specific to celiac disease; I think it's about 98-100% of positive tests are caused by celiac disease.

You have very definite and clear results (which most people around here do not seem to get).  I hope that makes the transition to the gluten-free diet easier for you knowing the need for it.  :)

You may want to request nutrient testing. Many celiacs are deficient in: Ca, Fe, Mg, K, D, A, B12, zinc, Cu.  keep an eye out for thyroid problems as they are commonly associated with celiac disease.  The TSH, free T3 and free T4, and TPO Ab are good thyroid tests.  Diabetes (T1) is another to keep an eye out for.

Best wishes and welcome to the boards!  :)

Nicole Posted Image

"Acceptance is the key to happiness."

ITP - 1993
Celiac - June, 2012
Hypothyroid - August, 2012

CANADIAN

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#3 GottaSki

GottaSki

"The past is the past...I've got places to be."

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 09:16 AM

Welcome to the club!

Your tests are indeed all positive for Celiac Disease. With those numbers you should get a fast forward for an appt with a GI that specializes in Celiac Disease or minimally has experience in this area.

You should meet with the GI to discuss your results and decide if the endoscopy is your next step. The reason to get in quickly is...once you decide to have OR not have the endoscopic biopsy you will be able to plan the complete removal of gluten from your diet. Until this decision is made keep eating at least one slice of glutenous bread per day!

I'm on mobile, but will be back with the link for the "newbie 101" thread.

Hang in there :)

Here ya go....
http://www.celiac.co...ewbie-info-101/

Edited by GottaSki, 07 July 2014 - 09:20 AM.

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: