So, my testing is not going well (or going well, depending how you look at it lol). I've had a colonoscpy, endoscopy and celiac blood work (although the GI doc only ran one blood test): ....all negative. I am staying on a gluten diet, despite my symptoms, as my Rheumatologist may want to send me to another GI for a second opinion.
- insomnia- most night I can't get to sleep until 1-4 am
- morning fatigue, even on night where I can fall asleep around midnight and get 7 hours sleep, I'm a zombie until 2-3 pm, then I wake up and feel more normal
- BM's- not regular, foul smelling, sticky, sometimes yellow. Yesterday was almost grey like and looks like clay! ewww
- swollen eyelids in the morning, sometimes with hives
- headaches, occasional migraine with flashing lights when I close my eyes
- gas, bloating, cramping- although this doesn't always happen
Before I started my testing, I was gluten free for a long time, with the occasional cheat meal. Then I got really sick....constant diarrhea for like 8 weeks, going to the bathroom 12-15 times a day. I was totally drained, lost about 20 lbs. During that 8 weeks, prior to testing, I was only able to eat rice and oatmeal. I did a three week gluten challenge before my endoscopy. But when the blood test was done, I was more or less Gluten free. I am starting to think that wasn't enough of a gluten challenge?
Hopefully my RA doc will have a good plan, I am not sure how long I can continue eating gluten, but I really do want answers