4 replies to this topic

#1 SMRI

SMRI

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 819 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 10:13 AM

I was diagnosed a couple weeks ago with Celiac so I'm starting my journey with this new life :D.  My test results were :

IgA,Tissue Transglutaminase Ab, S  32.2  >10 being positive

IgG,Gliadin(Deamidated) Ab, S 66.5  >30 positive

IgG,Tissue Transglutaminase Ab,S 17.6  >9 positive

IgA,Gliadin(Deamidated) Ab, S  23.5  with <20 being positive

my biopsy was also positive and I have the genetic pairs so it's a pretty sure thing I guess.

So, I go back to the doctor at the end of the month to meet with the GI Celiac team and was told to not stop Gluten until I see them...so, I'm eating all the stuff I love that I won't be able to eat :D.  I'm here to just absorb information and learn about this new way of life.  I bought my first real gluten free food today to try-it was on sale at the grocery store!

So, hello to all and I look forward to getting to know everyone here!

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 SMRI

SMRI

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 819 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 02:06 PM

That question is high on my list of questions to ask when I go back.  Everyone here talks about being "glutened" and having reactions right away, will that happen to me, who is fairly symptom free other then bathroom issues, but, after I totally cut out gluten, will the reactions come harder???  I'm also looking forward to the holiday season and if I have a cookie or two after being gluten-free until then, what happens? I am sure everyone is different but I don't run to the bathroom now every time I eat something with gluten so who knows :D.

#3 GottaSki

GottaSki

"The past is the past...I've got places to be."

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 02:07 PM

Hello!

And Welcome!

Take a look around and let us know how we can help your transition :)

Here is a great start:

http://www.celiac.co...ewbie-info-101/

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)

#4 LauraTX

LauraTX

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 02:11 PM

Welcome to the Silly Yak Club!  Usually with a solid celiac diagnosis, which it seems like you have, they tell you to go gluten-free right away.  Better to follow what was told to you in case they want to do further testing, though.  You can take this time to learn and ease into the gluten-free lifestyle, and once you get the order, it is strictly gluten-free from then on!  We have a great bunch of people here with a lot of helpful ideas, so please feel free to ask anything!  If you read a post that has whether or not something is gluten-free on it, pay attention to the date because this forum has been around a long time,and products can change over time.

I am my husband's "Silly Yak Girl" :)
I was diagnosed with Celiac Disease in January 2013. I also have Lupus and Common Variable Immunodeficiency(CVID) for which I am on IVIG.

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#5 SMRI

SMRI

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 819 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 03:42 PM

Welcome to the Silly Yak Club!  Usually with a solid celiac diagnosis, which it seems like you have, they tell you to go gluten-free right away.  Better to follow what was told to you in case they want to do further testing, though.  You can take this time to learn and ease into the gluten-free lifestyle, and once you get the order, it is strictly gluten-free from then on!  We have a great bunch of people here with a lot of helpful ideas, so please feel free to ask anything!  If you read a post that has whether or not something is gluten-free on it, pay attention to the date because this forum has been around a long time,and products can change over time.

I think they wanted me to wait because there is one doctor doing a study and maybe some further tests???  He is doing a genetic study I think and I was originally tested because I have a relative with Celiac and had a few symptoms, mainly fatigue and bathroom issues :D.  I haven't met with the GI team yet either so some of that scheduling was due to my schedule too.  I have a few other things going on that they are looking at as well and I'm on a restricted calorie diet so that pretty much eliminates a lot of Gluten products, breads, pasta, etc., because of the calorie count.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: