Follow Us:  Twitter Facebook RSS Feed            

arrowShare this page:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Ads by Google:
Celiac.com Sponsor:                                    

Photo
- - - - -

This Is Extremely Bizarre.. Any Ideas? Help!

• Please log in to reply

16 replies to this topic

#16 icelandgirl

icelandgirl

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 358 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 02:57 PM

Sure Like I said I am new to Celiac and am hoping to figure this out but I cannot eat nuts when the trees are blooming I get systemic itching, digestive issues mouth sores, face swelling ect… I cannot eat melons during ragweed season and I think I cannot have sunflower seeds or oil during ragweed as I can eat popcorn but corn chips with sunflower seed oil caused sever gastro bloating and pain. 
I am only a few months diagnosed but have done the SCD diet in the past and learned a lot from that before knowing I was celiac.
Oh and celery and chamomile tea are a no go during ragweed all of these give me major gastro attacks and if I continue to eat them it gets worse with skin reactions and facial swelling and heart palps, PPI's always makes it worse but I have found that Allegra will often relieve the stomach pain where most antacids do nothing.
If you google allergy cross reactions you can get a list of POSSIBLE cross reactions, just happened to mention to my allergist that I can eat melons some times an other times it have a reactions "bing" lightbulb moment. Cooking reduces this reaction but not apparently for sunflowers my first symptom is usually reflux.

hope this helps Diane

That's really interesting to me as I am having gastrointestinal trouble...specifically bloating and D. I've tried cutting out all dairy and soy, coffee, and am ttrying low histamine. I just wasn't thinking maybe a specific food was causing it. I was thinking more food groups. Thanks for the info...how long have you been gluten free? Now I'll stop hijacking this thread. :-)
January 2014-Celiac
August 2014- Hashimoto's

"You never know how strong you are, until being strong is your only choice."
Bob Marley

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 rrmac

rrmac

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 03:28 PM

That's really interesting to me as I am having gastrointestinal trouble...specifically bloating and D. I've tried cutting out all dairy and soy, coffee, and am ttrying low histamine. I just wasn't thinking maybe a specific food was causing it. I was thinking more food groups. Thanks for the info...how long have you been gluten free? Now I'll stop hijacking this thread. :-)

I was diagnosed in April 2014 but have found gluten in sneaky places like Tea and Gum so I will say I am gluten free 4 weeks maybe :unsure: unless I find it hiding someplace else currently researching toothpaste and what about skin products do they count?

The cross reactivity has been a big find for me you just don't suspect food that you eat all the time without a problem and then bam ragweed season or tree pollen and all of the sudden you have problems with a food that didn't bother you last month. I love winter no pollen. You just have to worry about the flu  :blink:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: