Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Chronic Numbness In Hands, Feet, Arms, And Legs

6 posts in this topic

So I've noticed if I cross my legs, or bend my arms (even just for a few seconds) then whatever limb I'm bending goes numb and then starts to tingle. It even happens sometimes when I'm just laying or standing with my limbs straight. What could be causing this? Should I be drastically worried?

Ads by Google:

Anything subtle like that, I would wait to look into it until after you feel like you are totally healed.  There is a good chance that will slowly fade away :)

If you are not already taking it sublingual B12 may help this resolve more quickly. Just let your doctor know you are taking it or any other vitamin or supplement if the doctor does vitamin and mineral levels. 

I noticed that around my 2-3 month point of being gluten-free. I had read that it was normal to have that so I wasn't took worried, but it really just faded away after a few weeks-a month. I think I read it can be part of the detox process.

If you are not already taking it sublingual B12 may help this resolve more quickly. Just let your doctor know you are taking it or any other vitamin or supplement if the doctor does vitamin and mineral levels.

This may have been part of it too. Around the time it stopped was when I started to supplement with extra B12

I guess I will be looking for a good B12 supplement and see if that helps.