5 replies to this topic

#1 Georgia_guy

Georgia_guy

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 364 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 07:34 PM

So I've noticed if I cross my legs, or bend my arms (even just for a few seconds) then whatever limb I'm bending goes numb and then starts to tingle. It even happens sometimes when I'm just laying or standing with my limbs straight. What could be causing this? Should I be drastically worried?

Been having issues since forever
First issues I can connect to celiac was in middle school
Vit deficiencies, muscle spasms, fatigue 😴😴, migraines 😣😣, abdominal pain, joint pain are most prominent
April 2014- Nutritionist suggested celiac
May 2014- "reverse gluten challenge" © 2014 by "georgia_guy" 😁
28 May 2014- Officlal member of the Silly Yak Club per tests done at private lab out of pocket-have to stand corrected on previos statements, I have now seen the actual results...IgA defficient, IgG was high on both tests
29 May 2014- Start of Gluten Free life!
I am weird and random, and I proudly claim it!
GOOD MORNING Y'ALL! 😁😀😜😛😎😷😋😇😏

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 LauraTX

LauraTX

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,349 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 08:53 PM

Anything subtle like that, I would wait to look into it until after you feel like you are totally healed.  There is a good chance that will slowly fade away :)

I am my husband's "Silly Yak Girl" :)
I was diagnosed with Celiac Disease in January 2013. I also have Lupus and Common Variable Immunodeficiency(CVID) for which I am on IVIG.

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#3 ravenwoodglass

ravenwoodglass

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,793 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 02:01 AM

If you are not already taking it sublingual B12 may help this resolve more quickly. Just let your doctor know you are taking it or any other vitamin or supplement if the doctor does vitamin and mineral levels. 

Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying
"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

celiac 49 years - Misdiagnosed for 45
Blood tested and repeatedly negative
Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002
Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis
All bold resoved or went into remission with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002
Some residual nerve damage remains as of 2006- this has continued to resolve after eliminating soy in 2007

Mother died of celiac related cancer at 56
Twin brother died as a result of autoimmune liver destruction at age 15

Children 2 with Ulcers, GERD, Depression, , 1 with DH, 1 with severe growth stunting (male adult 5 feet)both finally diagnosed Celiac through blood testing and 1 with endo 6 months after Mom

Positive to Soy and Casien also Aug 2007

Gluten Sensitivity Gene Test Aug 2007
HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

#4 user001

user001

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 06:02 AM

I noticed that around my 2-3 month point of being gluten-free. I had read that it was normal to have that so I wasn't took worried, but it really just faded away after a few weeks-a month. I think I read it can be part of the detox process.

Beef and pork free due to intolerance since 2005, Gluten free since March 2014, Coffee free due to a developed intolerance June 2014, Egg free due to a developed intolerance August 2014
Misdiagnosed since 2000 with chronic fatigue syndrome, major depression and anxiety disorder.
Requested doc test for Celiac disease in April 2014.
Blood test positive for  Celiac disease May 2014.

Celiac Dx confirmed via small intestine biopsy 6/26/14
Fatigue,.depression, anxiety, daily headaches, and a laundry list of other symptoms have diminished slowly since I stopped eating gluten.

Who knows how much longer I would have suffered if I continued to rely on doctors to think of testing me for celiac disease.

BE AN ADVOCATE FOR YOUR OWN HEALTH!

#5 user001

user001

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 06:04 AM

If you are not already taking it sublingual B12 may help this resolve more quickly. Just let your doctor know you are taking it or any other vitamin or supplement if the doctor does vitamin and mineral levels.

This may have been part of it too. Around the time it stopped was when I started to supplement with extra B12

Beef and pork free due to intolerance since 2005, Gluten free since March 2014, Coffee free due to a developed intolerance June 2014, Egg free due to a developed intolerance August 2014
Misdiagnosed since 2000 with chronic fatigue syndrome, major depression and anxiety disorder.
Requested doc test for Celiac disease in April 2014.
Blood test positive for  Celiac disease May 2014.

Celiac Dx confirmed via small intestine biopsy 6/26/14
Fatigue,.depression, anxiety, daily headaches, and a laundry list of other symptoms have diminished slowly since I stopped eating gluten.

Who knows how much longer I would have suffered if I continued to rely on doctors to think of testing me for celiac disease.

BE AN ADVOCATE FOR YOUR OWN HEALTH!

#6 Georgia_guy

Georgia_guy

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 364 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 06:31 PM

I guess I will be looking for a good B12 supplement and see if that helps.

Been having issues since forever
First issues I can connect to celiac was in middle school
Vit deficiencies, muscle spasms, fatigue 😴😴, migraines 😣😣, abdominal pain, joint pain are most prominent
April 2014- Nutritionist suggested celiac
May 2014- "reverse gluten challenge" © 2014 by "georgia_guy" 😁
28 May 2014- Officlal member of the Silly Yak Club per tests done at private lab out of pocket-have to stand corrected on previos statements, I have now seen the actual results...IgA defficient, IgG was high on both tests
29 May 2014- Start of Gluten Free life!
I am weird and random, and I proudly claim it!
GOOD MORNING Y'ALL! 😁😀😜😛😎😷😋😇😏

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: