Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 676 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 04:49 PM

so i got the test results back and doesnt seem like i have it:

Anti tTransglut, IgA (5)        range 0 - 19 U

Anti Gliadin,   IgG (<1)        range 0 - 19 U

I requested all those tests but those were the only 2 i got.Maybe if i had got the rest of the tests it might of showed more, but i dont know.

I would double check that your total IgA and IgG levels are normal before accepting that you do not have Celiac but if those are normal, then it's likely that you do not.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 cao204

cao204

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 04:55 PM

I think part of the problem for me is asking my doctor to retest me again.I have a feeling im not gonna get far with getting the other tests i need unfortunetly.Is there a company that you could pay for those tests without it being really expensive?

#18 SMRI

SMRI

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 676 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 05:32 PM

I think part of the problem for me is asking my doctor to retest me again.I have a feeling im not gonna get far with getting the other tests i need unfortunetly.Is there a company that you could pay for those tests without it being really expensive?

yes, you can see if you have a lab testing center near you and call them.  From what I've seen it's in the $150 range depending on the tests.  Check with your insurance to find one in network to keep your costs down.  The other option is diving to a better clinic somewhere and getting a full physical and testing done.

#19 cao204

cao204

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 06:48 PM

Never really thought of that but from just searching again, i found a gastroenterologist and or different doctor i could possibly goto.Its all the same clinic, but just a different area.I hope atleast now they will be able to run a complete test.

#20 cao204

cao204

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 05:06 PM

I went to a different clinic today and got i believe 3-4 of the new tests done.The doctor straight off told me that if these 2 tests (Anti tTransglut, IgA) (Anti Gliadin) show a positive reaction,They would of then done the rest of the other tests that i just got.She was telling me that those are the 'gold standard' for testing for Celiac disease.I was explaining to her different and that it was very important for me to get these done so i know for sure if i have it or dont have it.She ended up calling the lab and getting a few lab codes but couldnt find some so she entered the name manually.Hoping theres no problems with the tests.I believe the tests i got for sure were these:

(Anti Endomysial, IgA) (Anti Deamidated Gliadin, IgG)

One of these were also done but not sure:

(Anti Tissue Transglutaminase, IgA) (Anti tTransglutaminase, IgG)

Should have the results back in a week.

#21 cao204

cao204

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 01:22 PM

I got only one of the test's back and it was the 'Anti -Endomysial, IGA which came back negative.Not sure why the other tests never came back, but i think im done with testing.Maybe i have just the gluten sensitivity.I have been eating gluten free ever since i got tested this last time so im gonna just try to stick with it and see how i feel after awhile.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: