Melanoma Warrior

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 09:41 AM

Are You Happy?

Silly question, right?  Maybe not.

hap·py adjective \ˈha-pē\

1 feeling pleasure and enjoyment because of your life, situation, etc.
2 showing or causing feelings of pleasure and enjoyment
3 pleased or glad about a particular situation, event, etc.

I realized lately that I'm happy. I think I was just too busy complaining and feeling sorry for myself to see it before.  

1:  Yes.  I'm alive for one, I am able to enjoy the company of others, am able to walk and go places, can talk and express myself and help others and see beauty all around me.  I have a roof over my head, enough money to keep the roof and provide food and transportation to go where I want.

2:  Yes.  I can make others smile, empathize with others, offer sound advice, make other feel good about themselvs and take joy from all around me.

3:  Yes.  I'm alive works for this one too.  I can draw and paint.  Listen to music and dance.  Feel the wind on my face, feel the cool rain, be cozy in the winter in front of the fireplace and spend time with family and friends.  

You can't feel happy without the sad or there is nothing to compare it to.  

Take a long look at your life, are you happy?

Colleen

HAVE A SUPER SHINY DAY

LTES gem 2014

*BiPolar, Major Depression, Anxiety *Hypothyroidism, *Celiac

*Metastatic Melanoma, *Immunotherapy Mitigated Vitiligo, *General Insanity

"We cautiously travel through life to arrive safely at our death" - J. R. C. , my Son.

Are We There Yet? and Dad says...All you have to do it ride it out.

Comments/views/opinions expressed on the site are my own and are not representative of Forum Admin/Owner

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

gingerbread-man-smiley-emoticon.gif

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 kareng

kareng

HO! HO! HO!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,312 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 09:53 AM

Not anymore... Analyzing my life makes me unhappy! Lol

But making stupid jokes makes me happy! So I guess I am back to happy!

santa-dance.gif

Once again, we come to the Holiday Season, a deeply religious time that each of us observes, in his own way, by going to the mall of his choice. - Dave Barry

“The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.”  - George Carlin

“One can never have enough socks," said Dumbledore. "Another Christmas has come and gone and I didn't get a single pair. People will insist on giving me books.”  - J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone

#3 GF Lover

GF Lover

Melanoma Warrior

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 09:57 AM

:lol:  Your Unicorn makes me happy too.   :D

HAVE A SUPER SHINY DAY

LTES gem 2014

"We cautiously travel through life to arrive safely at our death" - J. R. C. , my Son.

Comments/views/opinions expressed on the site are my own and are not representative of Forum Admin/Owner

#4 kareng

kareng

HO! HO! HO!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,312 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 10:08 AM

It makes me happy to change my signature every month or so and to have a little picture to go with it!

santa-dance.gif

Once again, we come to the Holiday Season, a deeply religious time that each of us observes, in his own way, by going to the mall of his choice. - Dave Barry

“The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.”  - George Carlin

“One can never have enough socks," said Dumbledore. "Another Christmas has come and gone and I didn't get a single pair. People will insist on giving me books.”  - J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone

#5 bartfull

bartfull

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,605 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 10:36 AM

I have lost all of my family - mother, father, husband, sister, grandparents of course, and quite a few close friends. I never had kids. I am basically alone in the world.

But I moved to the place I have always belonged (but didn't know it) ten years ago. Since then I have been happier than I've ever been in my life. I opened a business and spend my days doing what I love. I have made new and very close friends.

I guess we're not supposed to talk religion here, as on most websites, but I will say I am closer to my Lord than I have ever been. That makes me worry a lot less because I know it's all in His hands.

And I have the key to happiness. That key is gratitude. You can't be unhappy and be grateful at the same time. I'm gratefull that I had the best family anyone could ever hope to have. A lot of people didn't. I'm grateful for every single thing that ever happened in my life because it made me who I am and brought me to the place I am now.

My Dad had very bad asthma that eventually killed him. As his health got worse and worse he found he couldn't do a lot of the things he used to do and love. He said, "Hey, I already had a chance to do those things. Now that I can't do them it frees up time to learn new things." No matter what life throws my way I know that if I can keep that attitude I will always be grateful, and be interested and engaged with life. That will keep me happy until it's time to check out.

gluten-free since June, 2011

Can't eat soy, corn, or foods high in salicylates.

Nightshades now seem to bother me too.

BUT I CAN STILL PLAY MY GUITAR AND THAT"S ALL THAT MATTERS!

#6 Adalaide

Adalaide

It needs to be about 20% cooler.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,449 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 11:24 AM

I'm glad to see other people are happy. :D I know I am. Life is far from perfect, but I'm doing something I love, I have a decent doctor helping sort out my health, another decent one treating my pain condition, and an awesome husband who takes really good care of me. Well, I think we take care of each other. My girls are both headed out to live in the dorms at college this month for the first time, one to be a teacher and one an engineer. Other than the fact that I'm broke as hell, life couldn't be better. But who doesn't want more money? :lol:

Oh... and comic con is in just under 5 weeks. It's so close now that I get so excited I can't sit still thinking about it. And we're getting Eve Myles AND John Barrowman.

85790.gif18628.gif85790.gif

My husband keeps pointing out that John Barrowman is gay. I keep pointing out that Captain Jack Harkniss will flirt with literally anything alive. :wub: I'm not deterred.

"You don't look sick or anything"

"Well you don't look stupid, looks can be deceiving."

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#7 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 12:22 PM

Happy? 

I'm friggan ecstatic!!!!.

"Most folks are as happy as they make up their minds to be."

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

#8 GFinDC

GFinDC

A little farting never hurt anybody... :-).

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,160 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 07:29 PM

Loved your post Bartful.  PGIJ! (Praise God in Jesus name!)

Oh yeah, there was a question...

But first an astute obsirvation.  Crayon, u didn't really need to tell us about the signature changes every month, now did u?  :D  We fingered that one out all by ourselves, really... :)

Yes, I'm happy.  In the morning I wake up and thank God for bringing me through another night.  He doesn't havter do that after all.  I gots a gray cat named Muffin that keeps my lap warm too.  And relatives that are mostly on speaking terms as long as I am at a good distance.  When I move closer tho we'll see!  The Lord my God is a mighty God and keeps me and blesses me.  And I am not suffering from adrenal fatigue since it doesn't exist.  And I get more selenium now... :)

Colleen it's great that you are enjoying your art making.  I haven't been making art for a while but I may get started again after I move.  It's sure fun stuff.

Adalaide, bring me a back a sonic screwdriver and I'll send you a dead mouse courtesy of Muffin, the furry hunter.  Capn' Jacks morals are a little too loose for my taste tho.

Proverbs 25:16 "Hast thou found honey? eat so much as is sufficient for thee, lest thou be filled therewith, and vomit it."
Job 30:27 My bowels boiled, and rested not: the days of affliction prevented me.
Thyroid cyst and nodules, Lactose / casein intolerant. Diet positive, gene test pos, symptoms confirmed by Dr-head. My current bad list is: gluten, dairy, sulfites, coffee (the devil's brew), tea, Bug's Bunnies carrots, garbanzo beans of pain, soy- no joy, terrible turnips, tomatoes, peppers, potatoes, and hard work. have a good day! :-) Paul

#9 LauraTX

LauraTX

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,342 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 08:44 PM

I completely agree with the sentiment that you can create your own happiness even if your life is full of chaos.  My life story is full of tragedies and terrible things, and in my current state I have a number of terrible illnesses to deal with.  The way I cope is looking at the positive.  If you don't know how to do this, please do the most loving thing you can do for yourself and seek counseling.  It can be hard to be happy when a lot of things are going bad, but in the end it teaches you what truly matters.

I am my husband's "Silly Yak Girl" :)
I was diagnosed with Celiac Disease in January 2013. I also have Lupus and Common Variable Immunodeficiency(CVID) for which I am on IVIG.

#10 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 04:28 AM

188999_10151063189525373_251064891_n.jpg

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.

#11 GF Lover

GF Lover

Melanoma Warrior

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 04:41 AM

Hey Paul,  I've turned my attention more toward painting now.  I really love it.  I completely lose myself for hours and it feels wonderful.  I just finished painting three 5 x 7 Christmas Cards for this year.  I'm going to color copy them and send out instead of doing all individual but I can still individualize the writing on the copy.  Are you moving before Christmas?  Send me your address again.

Happy Happy

Colleen

HAVE A SUPER SHINY DAY

LTES gem 2014

#12 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 04:45 AM

And I can say that Coll's  artwork is colorful, lively and happiness-inspiring! 

"LTES"  Gem 2014

#13 GF Lover

GF Lover

Melanoma Warrior

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 04:59 AM

Thanks IH :wub: .  I made a special card just for you coastal friends  :D

Happy Happy

HAVE A SUPER SHINY DAY

LTES gem 2014

#14 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 05:02 AM

good-afternoon-smiley-emoticon.gif  whoohooo!!!!

"LTES"  Gem 2014

#15 BlessedMommy

BlessedMommy

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,365 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 05:28 AM

We have a very happy life. We have our strong faith in God and we have a number of dear friends who we love and enjoy spending time with and we have a close knit church family who is there for us as well. Also, I have my health. Though it's a difficult diet to follow, I'm so thankful that I found out relatively early in life that I couldn't tolerate gluten, it's been a real blessing to watch my physical and mental health improve since going gluten free 4 1/2 years ago. 

Yesterday, we went with our friends who have 6 kids to a water park. After spending some time with  everyone, the parents of the 6 kids went off for awhile to have a date and some alone time, and we watched their kids as well as ours. Their kids are well behaved and a real joy and it's delightful to have close friends who we can really spend quality time with. 

My kids are growing up so much too! (My kids are almost 8, 5, and 2) It's fun to see all the new things that they learn. My oldest is going into 3rd grade and I'm looking forward to another great homeschooling year. :)

~Ruth

Gluten free since 2/14/2010 after suffering a rare and serious complication from my gluten challenge

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: