"The past is the past...I've got places to be."

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 09:23 AM

https://m.youtube.co...h?v=IbVoo7YLWnI

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#47 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 09:28 AM

I love this version!! :)

I love this one too

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

#48 GottaSki

GottaSki

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 10:11 AM

I love this one too

:)

-Lisa

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

#49 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 11:20 AM

:)

see! those made you happy  :)

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

#50 GottaSki

GottaSki

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 12:04 PM

see! those made you happy  :)

Yes indeedy...this is the happy thread after all. Great idea Colleen!

-Lisa

10/25/13 - MCAD

#51 GF Lover

GF Lover

Melanoma Warrior

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 02:42 PM

Happy Happy  :D

HAVE A SUPER SHINY DAY

LTES gem 2014

*BiPolar, Major Depression, Anxiety *Hypothyroidism, *Celiac

*Metastatic Melanoma, *Immunotherapy Mitigated Vitiligo, *General Insanity

"We cautiously travel through life to arrive safely at our death" - J. R. C. , my Son.

Are We There Yet? and Dad says...All you have to do it ride it out.

Comments/views/opinions expressed on the site are my own and are not representative of Forum Admin/Owner

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

gingerbread-man-smiley-emoticon.gif

#52 Serielda

Serielda

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 12:28 PM

Good question,

I tend to be happy 85% of the time, up until a year ago, I was living a nightmare, and depressed after a patch of bad luck when the recession hit back in 08. During that time I had a lot of people be real mean jerks to me, but that is my past. I recently looked at my life and started taking notes at what is good going on.

Life is getting better

My hubby and I both finished school.

We both work in the field we attended school for.

I moved out of a seriously horrid and flat out scary as heck neighborhood, to a place that is  well that'll do pig.

I stopped moping or having online rage at crazy stuff I read online that is nuts and started doing a hobby, that I've been interested in.

I found this site and have talked on these forums with  excelllent peeps.

so yea I can say I am pretty darn happy anymore.

#53 Georgia_guy

Georgia_guy

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 364 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 06:37 PM

Daughters house is big and the kitchen is completely gluten-free....and she has horses for us to ride :)

Horses leads me to think there's plenty of land to go wandering on...I'm game!! When is the party?

But anywho, I am happy to finally be able to do things and not feel like crap! I am happy the the mention of celiac puts a stop to things before they get started (for those that stalk, I mean follow my posts, dietary restrictions is a no for that girl), but hey, at least she was honest about it and neither of us "wasted" any time! I am also happy that tomorrow is the first support group meeting that I have found in my area! Hoping to get some good pointers on safe places to eat, and meet some local silly yaks!

Been having issues since forever
First issues I can connect to celiac was in middle school
Vit deficiencies, muscle spasms, fatigue 😴😴, migraines 😣😣, abdominal pain, joint pain are most prominent
April 2014- Nutritionist suggested celiac
May 2014- "reverse gluten challenge" © 2014 by "georgia_guy" 😁
28 May 2014- Officlal member of the Silly Yak Club per tests done at private lab out of pocket-have to stand corrected on previos statements, I have now seen the actual results...IgA defficient, IgG was high on both tests
29 May 2014- Start of Gluten Free life!
I am weird and random, and I proudly claim it!
GOOD MORNING Y'ALL! 😁😀😜😛😎😷😋😇😏

#54 GottaSki

GottaSki

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 06:25 AM

Horses leads me to think there's plenty of land to go wandering on...I'm game!! When is the party?
But anywho, I am happy to finally be able to do things and not feel like crap! I am happy the the mention of celiac puts a stop to things before they get started (for those that stalk, I mean follow my posts, dietary restrictions is a no for that girl), but hey, at least she was honest about it and neither of us "wasted" any time! I am also happy that tomorrow is the first support group meeting that I have found in my area! Hoping to get some good pointers on safe places to eat, and meet some local silly yaks!

Awesome! Hope you find some great new Sillyak buds :)

-Lisa

10/25/13 - MCAD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: