19 replies to this topic

#16 SMRI

SMRI

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 03:15 AM

I was going to ask the same thing, what was your total IgA number-and your other lab numbers?

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 elless

elless

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 05:22 AM

Ttg Iga was 1 out of a range of 1-4 being negative. Then they ran immunoglobulin A which I'm guessing was a total iga maybe? That was 339 out of a range of 81-463. I was also on a gluten light diet, starting a few weeks before the test.

We do have rules in my house. My so is great with washing, and only keeps gluten in a separate cabinet below everything else. Separate bowls and everything. We only make gluten free meals. It is actually my so's neice. She literally will only eat pizza, chicken nuggets, and pancakes. Oh and junk food. She hasn't had much of a stable life, and she literally won't eat anything else.

#18 elless

elless

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 06:05 AM

Thanks all for the thoughts and advice. I'm going back to see my gyno tommorrow, and I'm gonna ask if they could run the rest of the tests as they have their own lab. One of my symptoms were hormonal. My periods got very light, and would come every few weeks sporadically. With it I got pain in my left overy that wrapped around my back and down my legs. Like a knife stabing me. They found 3 small fibroids, but could figure out the cause. Now I'm thinking it could all be related.

Like I said, generally I've seen improvement. It's just those bad days that get me.

#19 alabama girl

alabama girl

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 11:26 AM

I am extremely frustrated in trying to figure me out!!! I KNOW for sure that I cannot tolerate dairy or the toilet is where I find myself instantly!! I cannot tell if I am sensitive to gluten or if it is salicylates....then I wonder if I have candida.  I have a host of symptoms and my dermatologist just diagnosed me with uticara hives.  I have not had allergy tests or any other tests.  We agreed that it didn't matter whether I have celiac or just gluten intolerance....that the treatment is the same....no gluten.  But I am really having trouble differentiating as to whether it is actually gluten intolerance, candida or salicylate sensitivity.  Anyone have any pointers on how you can tell the difference??  I get left side pain whenever I eat foods in any of those groups and L acidolphus helps to clear up the side pain????

#20 cyclinglady

cyclinglady

Advanced Community Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,835 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 12:08 PM

I am extremely frustrated in trying to figure me out!!! I KNOW for sure that I cannot tolerate dairy or the toilet is where I find myself instantly!! I cannot tell if I am sensitive to gluten or if it is salicylates....then I wonder if I have candida.  I have a host of symptoms and my dermatologist just diagnosed me with uticara hives.  I have not had allergy tests or any other tests.  We agreed that it didn't matter whether I have celiac or just gluten intolerance....that the treatment is the same....no gluten.  But I am really having trouble differentiating as to whether it is actually gluten intolerance, candida or salicylate sensitivity.  Anyone have any pointers on how you can tell the difference??  I get left side pain whenever I eat foods in any of those groups and L acidolphus helps to clear up the side pain????

Maybe easy to rule out at least celiac disease with a complete celiac blood panel. Have you had that done?
Non-functioning Gall bladder Removal Surgery 2005
Diagnosed via Blood Test and Endoscopy: March 2013
Hashimoto's Thyroiditis -- Stable 2014
Anemia -- Resolved
Fractures (vertebrae): June 2013
Osteopenia/osteoporosis -- June 2013
Allergies and Food Intolerances
Diabetes -- January 2014

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: