6 replies to this topic

#1 BarryC

BarryC

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 01:49 PM

For those of you that have been recovering for some time, I was wondering which symptoms or side effects resolved first and in what order? For me its been six weeks mostly gluten free until I wised up and am now %100 free.

The sore joints, brain fog, sneezing, and itching slowly went away, but I still have the bloating and indigestion, and still not losing weight in spite of diet and exercise. Maybe that doesn't happen until the villi grow back and the thyroid heals? Thanks for your thoughts!

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 icelandgirl

icelandgirl

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 02:20 PM

For me it was the brain fog and headaches. I'm at almost 7 months and I still have bloating and D...not every day all day anymore...but it's still there.
You never know how strong you are, until being strong is your only choice.
Bob Marley

#3 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,546 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 04:42 PM

For those of you that have been recovering for some time, I was wondering which symptoms or side effects resolved first and in what order? For me its been six weeks mostly gluten free until I wised up and am now %100 free.

The sore joints, brain fog, sneezing, and itching slowly went away, but I still have the bloating and indigestion, and still not losing weight in spite of diet and exercise. Maybe that doesn't happen until the villi grow back and the thyroid heals? Thanks for your thoughts!

As I recall, you told us you do not have Celiac Disease. Blunted villi  occurs in Celiac Disease

not NCGS.

The "mostly gluten free" diet will not yield any results for anyone (C D or NCGS).

Now that you are 100% G F, give it some time. Everybody is different so it is impossible to compare

"symptom resolution". It took me almost 15 months before I felt like I was coming around, but I went undiagnosed for decades.

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

#4 nvsmom

nvsmom

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,244 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 05:21 PM

I've heard those with NCGS can heal faster than some celiacs.  :)  I hope you have a speedy recovery!

For me, my first improvements was with stomach pain after eating and bloating.  That started to get better after a few days.  My migraines improved too (until I hit some sort of withdrawal and they came back even harder for a week).  It took a few months for my hair loss to stop and my plantar fasciitis to improve.

To this day, I still get arthralgias - I'm still waiting on that.  ;) LOL

Nicole Posted Image

"Acceptance is the key to happiness."

ITP - 1993
Celiac - June, 2012
Hypothyroid - August, 2012

CANADIAN

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#5 1desperateladysaved

1desperateladysaved

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,138 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 07:15 PM

Went away early:  plantar fasheitis pain. That got worse at 1 week gluten free.  Than it went away and stayed away for two years so far.

#6 Austin Guy

Austin Guy

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 11:45 AM

For me everything buyt the bloating started healing quickly.  My migraines and bleeding disordere were gone within several weeks.  Fatigue was gone quickly as well.

Self-diagnosed gluten intolerant May 10, 2011 after going gluten free May 8.
Allergic to cat dander, salmon, nuts, lots of airborne pollens and mold.
Soy intolerance August 2011
Dairy and egg intolerance November 2011
Peanuts 2013
Titanium dioxide June, 2014

Bisphenol-A August, 2014.

#7 BarryC

BarryC

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 02:30 PM

Hi Irishheart

No I have not had a test done to totally confirm celiac-my doc pooh-poohs the idea. He is very old school, and believes my weight problems and sore muscles, are a result of overeating and lack of exercise. I wish he could see me eat 1500 calories a day and run 20 minutes a day  on my treadmill! He also diagnosed me with adult A.D.D., and has me on welbutrin, but the mental issues have cleared up as well. Honestly,the internet and this forum has been so helpful. Keep up the good work!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: