This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Where Your Contribution Counts!
    eNewsletter
    Support Us!

bartfull

bartfull Rising Star

So I went to Rapid City yesterday and did some heavy duty shopping. Stopped at Lintz Brothers on the way back. I got their gluten-free pizza with mushrooms. FRESH mushrooms, not canned! It was the best pizza I've had since I left Connecticut. As a matter of fact we made another stop before returning home and I made sure the car was locked because (even though I had guitars and several bags full of new jeans and make-up and all sorts of other stuff), I didn't want anyone stealing my leftover PIZZA.

I was a little nervous about mushrooms - I hadn't tried them yet since I went gluten-free. I was also nervous about the tomato sauce on two counts - one, I have been having trouble with nightshades (or at least potatoes), and two, I was worried about the possibility of a corn plastic lining in the can.

I did NOT get sick at all. Just had some more for lunch. I'm doing the happy dance!!!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

BlessedMommy Rising Star

That is a big deal! Congrats on finding a healthy safe place to eat!

With all your food restrictions, that is a big accomplishment! I know what it's like to have to deal with multiple food restrictions and it's always such a great feeling when you find a place that serves safe delicious food. :)

Adalaide Mentor

That is AWESOME! I'll do a little happy dance for you too.

bartfull Rising Star

Hooray! My neighbor just told me she is going there tomorrow. She's going to get me one to go! If I can control my willpower I can bag up individual servings and put it in the freezer. (Fat chance. I'll probably eat the whole thing!)

Adalaide Mentor

I lied to myself about pizza like that once upon a time. I don't bother anymore, I know it'll be gone in 24-48 hours no matter the size. :lol:

loco-ladi Contributor

Beau-Jo's in Rapid city is the only one I have been to yet... LOVE their honey cheese bread (gluten-free of course)  where is Lintz Brothers at?

bartfull Rising Star

Are you coming from Rapid? If so, go south on 79. Just past Hermosa you'll see the turnoff (on your right) for Rte. 36 heading toward Custer. It's the first building on the left. (You can see it from 79.) They are the ones the Rapid City journal just named Best Pizza in the Hills. You'll love it!  

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

IrishHeart Veteran

Barty...I am just so happy for you!!  happy-dancing.gif getting to enjoy pizza again....awesome!!

cap6 Enthusiast

Nothing like a treat of good pizza to warm the heart!  :D  Have you tried a homemade cauliflower pizza?  omg!  It is soooo good.  Even my gluten eating-thinks-he-would-die-without-gluten son loved it.  He even

asked me to make him some! 

bartfull Rising Star

Somebody here mentioned that years ago, but if you could post your recipe I bet we'd all like to try it. :)

LauraTX Rising Star

Was this in Rapid City, South Dakota?  

bartfull Rising Star

It's just south of Rapid City in Hermosa, S.D. Here's a link: Open Original Shared Link

w8in4dave Community Regular

So happy for you!! Whoot woot!! 

squirmingitch Veteran

Woooooooooooo Hoooooooooooooo Barty! I'm doing happy jumping jacks for you!

cap6 Enthusiast

1 cup raw grated (or chopped in food processer) cauliflower

1 egg

1 cup mozzaretta cheese

1 tsp oregano

2 tsp parsley

(any other spices you might want to add)

Spray pizza pan with non-stick oil.

(optional that I use is to coat the pan with melted coconut oil and then sprinkle pan lightly with parmesan cheese. I use those pizza pans with holes in them.)

Combine the chopped cauliflower, egg, mozzarella cheese & spices.  Press evenly on to baking pan, making a thin crust.

Bake at 450 for 12 to 15 minutes

(I personally cook it at 350 for slightly longer as I like a bit more of a crispy crust.  Also double the recipe for two good sized pizza's or one super sized)

When done, remove from oven.  Add to the crust sauce and your choice of toppings & cheese.    Bake till bubbly & done.

Smack hands when they reach for the last piece!  :D

you can get this on-line from: You won't believe it's cauliflower pizza crust recipe by PLATSUZIE Sparks Recipes 

* I found this took me two or three times before I got the exact thickness of the crust, temp and cooking down.  Add the Parmesan cheese gives the crust a nice golden brown finish.    Enjoy

bartfull Rising Star

Thank you!

Archived