This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

What To Take For Nausea

melisadki

melisadki Explorer

I know I have only been gluten-free around a week but the nausea is still here and worse then ever. The thought of food just makes me sick let alone having to eat meat or something w/0 gluten. Does anyone take anything for nausea? I really really need something that helps cause I am going to starve to death... :blink: The thought of food is just not agreeing with me right now... ;)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Rachel--24 Collaborator
I know I have only been gluten-free around a week but the nausea is still here and worse then ever.  The thought of food just makes me sick let alone having to eat meat or something w/0 gluten.  Does anyone take anything for nausea?  I really really need something that helps cause I am going to starve to death... :blink: The thought of food is just not agreeing with me right now... ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I dont know if theres anything you can take but I think it will pass. My first week was just like you describe as far as the nausea and not being able to eat. I would try to eat but after 1 or 2 bites I'd be gagging. It wasnt fun but it did go away. Try eating something like maybe applesauce. You are most likely going through withdrawl...gluten is very addictive. I went through it too.

Jnkmnky Collaborator

I used to drink Snapple raspberry Iced tea when I had an upset stomach. If it's gluten free, it may help you. Someone told me raspberry is soothing. Could have been the power of suggestion.

melisadki Explorer

Applesauce I may have to keep that one in mind.. :)

Raspberry iced tea...interesting.. :)

What is weird is normally peppermint tea or somthing works but lately it hasnt maybe you are right Rachel it is probably W/D's or something. I just wish I had more patience I alway thought that the GI problems would stop once gluten was removed... :rolleyes:

darlindeb25 Collaborator

According to the book I have--all Snapple, diet and regular is gluten free. Call the company and confirm--I am sure it is safe. Deb

melisadki Explorer

Thanks Deb. :)

KaitiUSA Enthusiast

Nausea was one of my main symptoms and when I am glutened it is one of the worst symptoms. I use a homeopathic spray called Stomach Distress by Liddell that has helped and sometimes I use a Coke syrup by Apothecary Products.

For food I notice that jello and mashed potatoes settle well on my stomach when it is not feeling too good.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Nausea was one of my main symptoms and when I am glutened it is one of the worst symptoms. I use a homeopathic spray called Stomach Distress by Liddell that has helped and sometimes I use a Coke syrup by Apothecary Products.

For food I notice that jello and mashed potatoes settle well on my stomach when it is not feeling too good.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Kaiti...how long does your nausea last? I've been having it all week and also lost some weight, brainfog...all the gluten symptoms but I dont know where it came from. Anyways, its been a week now...does yours last that long?

KaitiUSA Enthusiast
Kaiti...how long does your nausea last? I've been having it all week and also lost some weight, brainfog...all the gluten symptoms but I dont know where it came from. Anyways, its been a week now...does yours last that long?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

When I get a reaction they usually last a good 2 weeks. After that I start getting better but I am not really my normal self again until 3 weeks to a month after exposure to gluten. Nausea is one of the main symptoms but I also get some anxiety with some weight loss and brain fog and a few other minor things but your reactions sound alot like mine.

Are you working in a place near loose flour like you were talking about before?

Do you know what could have given you this reaction?

Hang in there...they can last quite a while

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Are you working in a place near loose flour like you were talking about before?

Do you know what could have given you this reaction?

Hang in there...they can last quite a while

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No...they gave me a different position in the store...which I actually like better so it worked out. I'm not near any loose flour. I rarely go around the bakery. I have no clue what could have got me. I usually end up in the checkstand for a short period each day (I try to avoid it). The only time I get near flour is when I'm scanning peoples groceries and they buy flour. I dont know how that could gluten me though. I'm good about not touching my mouth now and washing my hands before I eat so I don't really know. :(

melisadki Explorer
Nausea was one of my main symptoms and when I am glutened it is one of the worst symptoms. I use a homeopathic spray called Stomach Distress by Liddell that has helped and sometimes I use a Coke syrup by Apothecary Products.  For food I notice that jello and mashed potatoes settle well on my stomach when it is not feeling too good.

Thanks for the tip......I tried regular coca cola today although high in sugar :P seemed to help me get 1/2 of my omelette down. Then it went away so today wasnt as bad. No hopefully dinner will be good too.. :blink:

Archived