Follow Us:  Twitter Facebook RSS Feed            

arrowShare this page:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Ads by Google:
Celiac.com Sponsor:                                    

Photo
- - - - -

Diagnosed W/ Ibs, But Seems To Be Cd To Me!

• Please log in to reply

19 replies to this topic

#16 Rachel--24

Rachel--24

Advanced Community Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,323 posts

Posted 09 November 2005 - 01:50 PM

Thank you!  I do have a question about some of my symptoms:  What does it mean to have all sorts of undigested food in a BM, and why is there so much mucous with it?  Sometimes it's literally covering anything that comes out.  Even when I had to take an enema, most of what came out was globs of mucous...TMI, I know.  Do those problems indicate malabsorption?  :(

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Before I went gluten-free...when I was at my worst and losing lots of weight all my food was coming out undigested. If I ate rice...it was just as if I had dumped all the rice into the toilet w/out ever eating it. All my food was pretty much visible. I also had some mucous as well. Are you losing weight also? I think this would indicate malabsorption...I definately felt that malabsorption was a BIG problem for me but my doc ran some bloodtest and said I was fine. :blink:
Enterolab stool tests came back positive for high malabsorption. My doctors still say I have no malabsorption whatsoever based on their test coming back normal..I think it was albumin or something like that. :unsure:
Rachel

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 darkangel

darkangel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 09 November 2005 - 02:21 PM

Darkangel, I was DX with TMJ also about 6 mo. before the Dx of Celiac.  Do you think the 2 are related?  It seems like the more posts you read, the more info. you can piece together.  Thanks.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

There ya go... there's another vote for "it's all interrelated." Mine would switch off. I'd have a jaw ache, take a bunch of Tylenol or ibuprofen, the jaw ache would go away and the gut problems would kick in.

When I put myself on a strict totally grain-free diet (www.scdiet.org), my TMJ disappeared and I even had a period with no PMS and no cramps. Coincidence? I think not.

#18 jerseyangel

jerseyangel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,939 posts

Posted 09 November 2005 - 02:32 PM

I've been gluten free 5 mos. now and my jaw does not hurt anymore. I had a bite-guard made when I was DX'd and it helped but for the past couple of months, I haven't worn it and my jaw is fine--I don't clench at all during the day and don't think I do at night as there is no more neck or jaw pain in the morning. I have to agree with you--its all somehow connected.
Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

#19 Rachel--24

Rachel--24

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,323 posts

Posted 09 November 2005 - 02:34 PM

When I put myself on a strict totally grain-free diet (www.scdiet.org), my TMJ disappeared and I even had a period with no PMS and no cramps. Coincidence? I think not.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I had terrible PMS...but I dont even know if it was PMS since it was there all month long. :unsure: Anyways my "PMS" symptoms would get much worse before my period but they never really went away. My periods were also very light...lasting only a day or two. The doctors all said this was just "normal" stuff. I didn't believe it...I had never experienced ANY of it until I got sick and it got worse and worse over the 3 years. After being on the diet for only 1 week I got my first normal period in 3 years...lasted a week...no PMS. Its been fine ever since. So many of my symptoms that the doctors told me I would just have to live with went away immediately after going gluten-free. They had told me some type of depression or brain imbalance was causing all my symptoms...they actually thought an anti-depressant could "cure" me. I didnt fall for it and I didnt take the pills...instead I changed my diet and the depression was the first symptom to go away. :)
Rachel

#20 mightymorg

mightymorg

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 09 November 2005 - 04:25 PM

Before I went gluten-free...when I was at my worst and losing lots of weight all my food was coming out undigested. If I ate rice...it was just as if I had dumped all the rice into the toilet w/out ever eating it. All my food was pretty much visible. I also had some mucous as well. Are you losing weight also? I think this would indicate malabsorption...I definately felt that malabsorption was a BIG problem for me but my doc ran some bloodtest and said I was fine.  :blink:
Enterolab stool tests came back positive for high malabsorption. My doctors still say I have no malabsorption whatsoever based on their test coming back normal..I think it was albumin or something like that.  :unsure:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think I have lost a few pounds, actually...it makes sense, if I'm not digesting a lot of my food! Plus, I know the past few days I haven't been eating a lot, as I simply don't have any more room in me! And what you mentioned about PMS and all that...that's happening to me too. I've been on bc for years, but the past 3 cycles have started later and been lighter each time. I was actually suppossed to get mine 3 days ago, and I know I'm not pregnant.
Possible celiac in Austin, TX

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: