This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Please Please Help, I Cant Carry On Like This - 6 Stone Weight Loss In 16 Weeks

autumn sky

autumn sky Newbie

Probably a slight exaggeration but I feel like Im dying - I'm on my knees health wise and don't know what to do.  Not helped by the fact that my head feels so full of cotton wool - nothing seems to make sense?  I'm hoping someone is able to just suggest a course of action or simply tell me to calm down and stop over reacting lol!

Quick background:  Im female and 42, I left an abusive relationship in June this year - taking my autistic daughter with me.  The council housed us in emergency temporary accommodation and its just me and her. I had been ill prior to leaving - I haven't been able to eat uncut bread for over 15 years because of what I have known I would suffer if I ate it!  My hair had started falling out, I had headaches - severe muscle pain, head full of cotton wool and lots of other problems.  I could never quite get to the bottom of what was wrong though?

Mid June I started dieting, the end of June I left the relationship. Mid July - my health started to spiral out of control. Overnight I woke up and my hair had changed colour and texture (it was about 3 shades lighter) and became very straw like. Symptoms have continued to appear and or accelerate and after having a chat with my brother (medic in the army - we came to malabsorbtion conclusion following quickly by a query over celiacs?

Perhaps if I list whats happening - people may be able to suggest a way forward:

I lost a stone in weight last week.  I stopped trying to diet or exercise about 4 weeks ago

In total I have lost 6 stone since mid June

I have lost between 70/80% of my hair (I had long hair down to my bum nearly!) the hair I do have left is snapping off and breaking - I now look like wurzel gummage (for those old enough to know what im talking about!) I cant wash it anymore - I am pulling out handfuls every time its washed and its as if its actually dead - shampoo or conditioner just completely knots it up.

Both my hair and nails have stopped growing - my nails have big horizontal ridges in them now

My stomach is constantly gurgling or making noises - sometimes it sounds like I have a kitten trapped in there!

I pass wind constantly - it must be more than a hundred times a day

My stomach constantly feels swollen and full of gas

My stools are dark green / smelly and oily - Im constantly cleaning my loo!

Before they were dark green - it was just froth for about 2 weeks - no stool at all, just foam and I needed to go to the loo about 15 times a day

I have to go the toilet within half an hour of eating

I am permanently shattered (I even wake up tired!)

I have the most awful headaches (got one now!)

I have the most intense pain that I get across a band going over and encompassing both shoulder blades - Its really odd!

My muscles are wasting I know I have lost a lot of weight but when I was walking they felt toned - in a matter of weeks, everything has started to sag to the point that I can feel the bones in my bum when I sit down.

My teeth are thinning - don't know if the enamel is wearing away but its definitely happening.

My head feels like its stuffed full of cotton wool - everything feels beyond me, some days are worse than others (today is a bad day lol!)

I know you're all going to say - go to your gp.  Well I have - the first one said that my ESR levels have been raised for about 2 or 3 years but no one has every got to the bottom of why?  She said she felt it was all IBS related but agreed to send me for the ttg blood test and an endescopy on the strength of the raised ESRs, she couldn't even be bothered to work out how much weight I had lost - she said she worked in KGS not stones.    A couple of days later one of the GPs called me and asked me to go in - (different GP), he said that my ESR was still raised showing I have inflammation in my body somewhere but that the TTG results weren't back.  He said that we were almost certainly looking at Celiacs and to wait for the endescopy (that's due this coming Saturday).

Today I phoned the GPs and asked the receptionist if the TTG results were back and she said they had come back as normal - no action required.  I now feel like im going out of my mind - I need to start repairing my body and I had come to accept the idea of celiacs - at least a definitive diagnosis would give me a course of action, the ability to help myself get better.  I am so shocked that the TTG came back as OK, I just feel like I don't know which way to turn or what to do next. 

Im trying to care for my daughter and not be too preoccupied with whats going on, but shes sensing it and thinks im cross with her all the time.  Im not at all - I just don't feel well but its hard to explain that to her - I just wanted someone to say to me - this is what you have and this is how you make yourself well again.

Im sorry for moaning - I feel so lost / tired and sad.  You must all get a million of these confused ramblings from people.  I did look in the Q&A first but couldn't see anything that could answer my particular questions or help me.

Autumn

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

cristiana Veteran

Hi Autumn - welcome to the Forum.  I am so sorry you are going through this.  I am not an expert on reading test results so will ask someone else to chime in on what they make of your tests but could you just tell us, are you in the UK?  It might help someone guide you in the right direction as regards who to turn to next in the health system.

autumn sky Newbie

Thank you so much for replying!!  I could hug you!!

Told you Im not thinking straight - it was only when I was reading it before posting that I realised I had forgotten to say that I was female and 42! 

Yes im in the UK, I live in Essex.

Autumn

bartfull Rising Star

Stop and take a breath. Then accept this ((((HUG)))).

You've been through so much! My heart goes out to you and your daughter. One thing to know is that celiac runs in families, and that quite a few folks have found that there is a connection between celiac (at least in some cases) and autism. Does your daughter show any other symptoms? Maybe you should get her tested too. It would make a big difference for her if she had a firm diagnosis. For yourself, you could either press for more testing or just go gluten-free anyway.

The pain in your shoulder blade area sounds like it MIGHT be unrelated to celiac. Have you ever had it x-rayed? There is a condition called cervical ribs that is a birth defect. I have it. There are short little ribs growing from my cervical spine and they can move and press on either nerves or blood vessels. If I put my arms out in front of me for more than a few seconds (like to play the harp or to use a commercial slicer), the pain is quick and sharp. Anyway, the cndition is fairly common and just like celiac, a lot of folks don't know they have it. It often takes and injury or severe stress to bring it out.

Anyway, I will be praying for you that things in both your personal and medical life start improving right away.

autumn sky Newbie

Thanks Bartfull

You have no idea how much I need a hug!  Think I might dissolve into tears though - and then I'd be cross with myself!  I just need to put my big girl pants on and get on with it!

I was so sure it was Celiacs - that I was going to wait until diagnosis and then get both my daughters tested (one is 22 and one is 19).  I feel thrown into a world of confusion by the conversation with the gp's earlier.  How can my TTG results be ok?  The GP mentioned either malabsorbtion or malnutrition (cant remember which but my memory is something else that's been adversely affected).  I feel like im falling apart with no discernible reason now? 

There must be something and I just need to know what it is and how to help myself - im so frustrated!

Autumn

cyclinglady Grand Master

One test is not enough! My TTG was less than 1 indicating a negative result. But my doctor ran a full celiac panel. Only one celiac test Gliadin Antibody (IGA) (Deamidated Peptide) was positive. My biopsy however, showed a Marsh Stage IIIB ( moderate to severe villi damage).

You need a complete panel to rule out celiac disease. Here is a link to the University of Chicago's Celiac website that contains testing requirements:

Open Original Shared Link

Oh, how is your thyroid? You should get copies of all your lab results too. I never accept a verbal result. people make mistakes!

cristiana Veteran

One test is not enough! My TTG was less than 1 indicating a negative result. But my doctor ran a full celiac panel. Only one celiac test Gliadin Antibody (IGA) (Deamidated Peptide) was positive. My biopsy however, showed a Marsh Stage IIIB ( moderate to severe villi damage).

You need a complete panel to rule out celiac disease. Here is a link to the University of Chicago's Celiac website that contains testing requirements:

Oh, how is your thyroid? You should get copies of all your lab results too. I never accept a verbal result. people make mistakes!

Hi - I'm so glad cyclinglady came in.  I never went into my own blood results (actually, I never even saw them) but my gastroenterologist told me one set was not convincing at all, but one other reading was through the roof.  So cyclinglady is right - you do need the full panel.   It is difficult in the UK to see a GP at times but try to get an appointment asap with the most sympathetic GP in your surgery and request the full panel.  I agree, talking to the receptionist isn't going to always give you all the answers you need.  Even if you have to wait get that appointment.  make it.  Hopefully you are still going to have that endoscopy?  If you need any more help with the diagnosis process UK style, you might wish to try getting in touch with Coeliac UK. 

Are you drinking milk?  At the time of my diagnosis it was that that was causing me terrific wind, D etc.   Celiacs often develop a temporary lactose intolerance which usually gets better after the gut has healed a bit.  You might want to try taking milk out of your diet for the meantime for some relief with the D.  I now venture a yoghurt or a bit of cheese, a year on, but I am still too scared to drink a glass of milk!

BTW, I had the most curious sensation across my shoulder blades for months before I was diagnosed.  Some other poster said the same, I remember reading it.  It felt like something was pushing down on that area.  Almost like my shoulders were being pulled down at times.

Anyway, just some thoughts, accompanied by a big hug.

x

PS  The people on this website are amazing - they have helped me so much through some very dark times.   A lot of us have lived through months of uncertainty, even years before diagnosis.  You have come to a good place. 

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

1desperateladysaved Proficient

Did you go gluten free before testing?  Get as many of the tests as you can and then the final test can be to go totally gluten free.  You can start learning about the diet now and take gluten free vitamins.  Take a high quality one which should be easy to break down and absorb.  You can start to read labels and when you replace items get the gluten free.  I am hoping that your hair will grow out just as long one day.

Dee

icelandgirl Proficient

I don't know how much 6 stone is...I'm in the US...but I do know what it's like to just keep losing weight, feel terrible and live in the bathroom. I'm very sorry that you are going through this. (((Hugs)))

Try to get in to see a Dr as soon as possible and get full celiac panel. Also ask for thyroid testing...Some of your symptoms could be from that as well. Hopefully within those 2 sets of tests something can be determined. Hang in there!

autumn sky Newbie

Thank you everyone. I'm filling up at the thought of simply speaking to people who understand my anguish / confusion?

Cycling lady - I didn't realise I could ask for copies of the results? Do I have to ask my GP or can I ask the receptionist? I had a full blood panel done recently - but only the TTG for Celiacs itself?  The full blood panel was fine too apparently?  I feel like such a pain in the GPs ass, Ive known for years there was something wrong and they have suggested various things like Sjrogens syndrome and pheochromocytoma, which ive let them investigate but they have all come to nothing but now the symptoms are getting worse - they have really snowballed in the last 3 months or so I guess. I actually dread going to the gps now - I was so relieved to feel like there was light at the end of the tunnel :(  I can imagine them just refusing my request for a full panel?

Yes Cristiana - I eat dairy including Milk, I just don't feel as if I know which way to turn or what to do for the best? I wish I did :(

The shoulder blade sensation is horrible - its as if someone has pushed a fishing hook through the tip of each shoulder blade and is pulling on the fishing line that's attached to the hook - I cant tell if there being pulled outwards horizontally or down vertically but it feels like so much pressure with pins and needles in my spine, sometimes it hurts to breathe. I go to sleep with the pain and I wake up with the pain. Sometimes I have like a burning sensation in my arms like hypersensitivity - the lightest touch is agony.

I sound like a complete demic - which is why I feel silly going to the gps, how can there be this much wrong with a person, I must look like a complete hypochondriac but I cant be imagining it - I cant imagine the 6 stones weight loss or the green poo or the constant flatulence, I cant imagine its uncomfy to sit on my bum because I can feel the bones so easily.

I really feel as if im at the end of my tether and im so fed up of being strong.  I try and tell myself to get a grip and that there are people going through much worse day in day out, and that I shouldn't be selfish enough to feel sorry for myself but I just want answers and I don't know how to get them.  I don't want to wallow in self pity - I want desperately to help myself, I just don't know how?

Im very glad I found this forum - thankyou to everyone who has replied xxx

Autumn

cristiana Veteran

Hi Autumn

In my own GP's surgery here in England they will print off results for you, even if you haven't seen the doctor.  If I were you I would get them to do exactly that and you can post the celiac results here - the people on this website really know their stuff, as I say, it is something that I never went into but others should be able to cast some light on them.  But whatever you do, do go back to your GP, it is a nightmare having to go back and back again but at least you are in good company here.  I think most of us have had to do this.  You are not wasting their time.

Glad you have been eating dairy as it is good for the bones but I am just wondering at this moment in time if you want to just give dairy a rest, just for a few days.   It is pretty easy to do and it could give a lot of relief.  Why not just try it for a week maybe?  Koko milk in the supermarket is quite a nice substitute.

That sensation you explain in the back, I am not sure what could be causing it or indeed what caused mine but I think it was worse when there was a lot of inflammation in  my body.  I was also feeling very anxious at the time and I wondered if that was part of it.  

Oh - and here is a link for the Coeliac UK charity with their helpline number.

xx

autumn sky Newbie

Hi Dee, I didn't go gluten free prior to the test not sure how much gluten I am eating but I didn't change my diet. I will definitely get the gluten free vitamins - I was taking vitamins for my hair and A-Z vitamins but they contain Gluten, so I will have to find some with no gluten.  I think irrespective of what the endoscopy shows I am going to attempt a gluten free diet.  I am hoping my hair grows back too - there's not much I like about myself and my hair was one of the things I could be at least slightly happy with - no longer however!!

Hey Icelandgirl, 6 stone works out at about 38kgs. Don't think the gp is going to be very open to me asking for a full celiac panel but I will try and see what happens. Thyroid was clear 4 weeks ago apparently?

Cristiana - I will ring the surgery tomorrow and ask the receptionist if they can print off the results and see what they say? I really dread going back even though I know I must.  I have my endescopy on Saturday and I know I still have to eat gluten until the test - is it the same for dairy or doesn't it matter?

The back sensation / pain and my hair are the two things that are getting me down most at the moment. I know I should be worried about other things like the weight loss - but that cant be seen, because my hair can be seen - it is plaguing me daily, especially when I vacuum, its like owning a pet with the amount and the size of the hairballs I am vacuuming daily, because I can see how much im losing it devastates me!

Autumn

cristiana Veteran

Autumn - good for you, keep eating the gluten but the dairy is a separate issue and won't matter.  

Re shoulder pain, I found when I had that horrible feeling that a hot shower on the painful area or a good soak in a hot bath before bedtime helped to some extent.

Hairloss isn't an easy issue to deal with as I know myself but if celiac is your problem it could well be caused by malnutrition which all being well you will be able to reverse soon.  My hairdresser only said to me a few days ago that a year down the line my hair is thickening up.  It will never be brilliant but I was glad she saw an improvement!

So glad you are having the endoscopy - my friend was told by her gastroenterologist that was worth doing even with the negative blood results.   When you are being seen by the team why not ask what other tests they might recommend.  

I shall say goodnight but will look out for you on the website over the next few days (hurricane winds permitting - gather one is heading for southern England!)

xx

cristiana Veteran

PS  - your local pharmacist should be able to guide you to some good gluten-free vitamins.   

1desperateladysaved Proficient

I just looked up 38 kilograms and believe it is 84 lbs! 

cyclinglady Grand Master

Make sure they take plenty of samples (like up to six) during the endoscopy. Your small intestine is vast. One or two samples may miss villi damage.

beth01 Enthusiast

I'm sorry that you are feeling this way. Have you had your thyroid checked? Grave's disease will cause a lot of problems with weight and hair loss. 84 pounds lost in a little over 4 months is going to cause you to feel extra rough also. I lot an extreme amount of weight due to celiac which made my hair fall out, lost all my muscle mass, and my heart even shrank. It is really hard on your body to drop weight that fast. I have a hard time comprehending the fact that your doctors aren't more worried about such a drastic weight loss. Have you been tested for vitamin deficiencies?

autumn sky Newbie

Hi everyone, Sorry for my absence yesterday - let me give you all a tip,,,, if you move into a new place with a cooker you don't know well, don't attempt to see if the ring (solid stone type electric hob) is still on by placing your hand on it - otherwise your going to spend a few hours in A&E getting your hand dressed and being fed painkillers!! 

Yeah,,,,cannot believe how silly I was lol!!

Beth - not sure about the vitamin deficiencies - and I don't know if the GP isn't worried about the weight loss because at first I was actively trying to lose weight?  Im not sure that even trying - I should have been able to lose that much though!?

Ok - I picked up a copy of my blood test results today - there's lots and I don't understand them, so im hoping someone here does, I will be really grateful if someone can interpret them for me please?

Full blood count 4th Sep 14

Haemoglobin Xa96v - 128.0 g/l

Total white blood count XaldY - 8.4 10*9/L

Platelet Count - observation (42p) - 195 10*9/L

Haematocrit (x76tb) - 0.384 l/l

mean Cell Volume (42A) - 90.5f/l

Mean Cell Haemaglobin (XE2pb) - 30.2pg

Mean Cell Haemoglobin Concentration (429) - 334.0 g/l

Red blood cell distribution width (XE2mO) - 13.6%

Red blood cell count (426) - 4.25 10*12/L

Neutrophil Count (42J) - 6.3 10*9/L

Lymphocyte count (42M) - 1.5 10*9/L

Monocyte count observation (42N) - 0.5 10*9/L 

Eosinphil Count Observation (42K) - 0.1 10*9/L

Basophil Count (42L) - 0.0 10*9/L

Percentage Neutrophil Count (XE2mP) - 75%

Percentage Lymphocyte Count (XE2mQ) - 18%

Percentage Monocyte Count (XE2mR) - 6%

Percentage eosinophil Count (XaCJj) - 1%

Percentage Basophil Count (XE2mS) - 0%

Fasting Glucose 4th Sep 14

Fasting blood glucose (XE2mq) - 4.3 mmol/L

Renal Profile 4th Sep 14

plasma sodium (XalRf) - 139 mmol/L

Plasma Potassium (XaIRI) - 4.8 mmol/L

Plasma Creatinine (XaETQ) - 67 umol/L

Plasma Urea Level (XaDvl) BELOW RANGE - 2.4 mmol/L (Below low reference limit)

Bone and Liver Profile - 4th Sep 14

plasma calcium level  (XalRk) - 2.27 mmol/L

Corrected Serum Calcium level (44IC) - 2.33 mmol/L

Plasma Alkaline phosphate (XalRj) - 63 iu/L

Plasma Total Protein (XE2eC) - 66g/L

Plasma albumin level (XalRc) - 37 g/L

Plasma globulin level (XaltX) - 29 g/L

Plasma total bilirubin level (XaETf) - 14 umol/L

Plasma alanine aminotransferase (XalRi) - 26 iu/L

Thyroid Function test - 4th Sep 14

plasma free T4 (XaERs) - 10.4 pmol/L

Plasma TSH (XaELW) - 0.98  mu/L

Amylase 4th Sept 14

Plasma Amylase level (XalRh) - 63 u/L

C Reactive Protein 4th Sep 14

Serum C reactive protein (XaINL) - 2.5 mg/L

ESR 4th Sep 14

Erythrocyte Sedimentation rate (XE2m7) - ABOVE RANGE - 25 mm/h - (above high reference limit)

ESR 10th Oct 14

Erythrocyte Sedimentation rate (XE2m7) - ABOVE RANGE - 45 mm/h - (above high reference limit)

C Reactive Protein 10th Oct 14

Serum C Reactive Protein level  (XaINL) - ABOVE RANGE - 30.0 mg/L

Tissue Transflutaminase 13th Oct 14

Tissue Transflutaminase IGA AB 1.1 u/mL

IMMUNOLOGY COMMENT - Sample haemolysed - interpret results with caution

squirmingitch Veteran

Autumn, there should be a reference range listed for the TTG IGA otherwise, the result means nothing because you can't tell if it's positive or negative without the reference range. Look back on the paper & see if it states a reference range.

Also it looks like they screwed up the blood draw when they took it by reading that comment that says IMMUNOLOGY COMMENT - Sample haemolysed - interpret results with caution

See:

I'm not sure but it sounds like the test may need to be scrapped & a "do over" needs to be done. At any rate, they did NOT do a full celiac panel.

And

((((((((((((((((((Autumn))))))))))))))))))))))))

​I did not have the exact kind of shoulder blade pain you describe but I had excruciating pain all over my body. In my shoulder blades, it felt like someone was sticking a knife up underneath them & the knife never got removed. I also had bad pain between the shoulder blades that felt like a giant toothed clamp was attached to my spine in that area. Almost 3 years gluten free & it's all gone.

cristiana Veteran

Hi Autumn 

Sounds like good advice above.  

Just wanted to say I hope your hand is feeling better and that Saturday goes well.  That endoscopy may well give you some of the answers you are searching for.

Take care

xx

icelandgirl Proficient

I just want to send you (((hugs))) and hope that you get some answers soon. You've been through so much but you are not alone.

luvs2eat Collaborator

Welcome Autumn. Here is where you'll find the information you need. Unfortunately, doctors don't seem to have nearly as much as the peeps here do... who live w/ celiac every day... and have the one million different symptoms!!

My 3 daughters and I all have celiac. I was diagnosed first at age 49. When my youngest was diagnosed, she was so ill she lost 60 lbs., had interstitial cystitis symptoms and it was ONLY though her own extensive elimination diet that she finally was able to heal her gut. Interesting note... she spent her first 5 years on antibiotics for chronic ear infections and, from what I've read, this likely seriously compromised her gut health.

She went to GI docs who berated her for asking more questions than they could answer. She'd leave in tears. Seriously... it was her own research here and in other places that helped her survive. She ate FIVE foods for nearly 2 years... eggs, plain chicken (no spices whatsoever), apples, white rice, and cauliflower. Can you imagine?? Thankfully, those foods are good for you! Several years later, she's been able to bring back many foods, but will always be dairy free, citrus free, some nightshade veggies free, and several other frees (I think).

I hope you find some answers! Just know that the peeps here are amazingly knowledgeable and so helpful!!

beth01 Enthusiast

While trying to plow through conversions since the units are different while having some pretty bad brain fog, this is what I got out of your tests.... Most of them are completely normal. Your ESR's are high which would point to inflammation, though not specific, and your CRP also points to inflammation. Your Thyroid function test look normal, but I would need the normal reference ranges to tell you if they are. It's also hard to say because they do note the specimen is hemolyzed and that can affect multiple tests and without knowing which set of labs were run off of the hemolyzed, I can't tell you which of your results could be affected.

About the weight, even trying your hardest, you shouldn't be able to lose 84 pounds in less than 4 months unless you have some sort of disease process going on, you would have to lose a half of a pound a day. The ratio of caloric intake to calories burned would have to be outrageous. To lose two pounds in a week, you have to decrease your caloric intake by 1000 calories. You would have to eat negative calories to lose 5 pounds a week. I've lost five pounds in the last week and I can tell you I've eaten about 3000 calories a day, 1000 more than what is recommended. I really hope you find an answer soon, because I am just now realizing what an affect extreme weight loss has on your body, and I can tell you it isn't any fun. Sending you lots of hugs.

autumn sky Newbie

Squirmingitch - thank you for the information!!  I had no idea what the "haemolysed" comment meant? The dr's haven't called me back to say the results are defunct - sad really, it looks like after the endoscopy I will have to go back and ask for them to be repeated.  Please can I ask what a full celiac panel is?  The locum told me the only one was the TTG - but that's the same locum who couldn't be bothered to work out how much weight 6 stone equates to?  The shoulder blade pain is awful - its with me at least every other day - sometimes I get a day off and don't understand why?

Cristiana and icelandgirl - thank you ever so much, I've felt like a hyperchondriac for such a long time and its only as more symptoms start to show that I think the gps are starting to listen to me that there may be something wrong but its been such a long journey!  Its so empowering to just feel a bit of empathy from those who have an idea what I'm going through and if I could hug you both back I would!

Luvs2eat - Give your daughter a big hug from me too.  Im so relieved for the both of you that she was persistent and able to start the self healing process - even without the help of the medical profession!  I cant imagine how she coped with the diet and it just shows how bad things must of been for her.  Hugs for you too - to live with difficulties of your own and to watch your daughter battling must of been incredibly difficult and im relived for you that its a period in your life which you have both overcome and put behind you.  I know that feeling of leaving the dr's and feeling as if they aren't listening to you or taking you seriously or just trying to help you eliminate the possibilities!

Beth - You're correct!!  My brain fog seems to wax and wane - most days I am ok (for me - but the fog is still there), very occasionally I get a clear day - and the difference is like night and day.  Its like living with opaque windows your whole life and realising the difference when the windows are changed for clear ones!  On a lot of days the fog is awful however and like wading through treacle, wearing a pair of snow shoes!!  Anyway - my fog wasn't great on the day I posted the blood results and as I said - you're correct I do have the normal parameters / ranges on the sheet too!  Im going to copy and paste the results underneath and highlight the parameters / ranges.

I do have another question - does celiacs have good and bad days?  For the last 3 days or so - my stools have returned to normal?  After having them be not normal for weeks and weeks - it surprised me?

Finally a thank you to everyone who has taken the time to either read or respond to this thread. I am eternally grateful! xx

autumn sky Newbie

Full blood count 4th Sep 14

Haemoglobin Xa96v - 128.0 g/l [120.0 - 150.0]

Total white blood count XaldY - 8.4 10*9/L [4.0 - 10.0]

Platelet Count - observation (42p) - 195 10*9/L [150.0 - 450.0]

Haematocrit (x76tb) - 0.384 l/l [0.36 - 0.46]

mean Cell Volume (42A) - 90.5f/l [83.0 - 101.0]

Mean Cell Haemaglobin (XE2pb) - 30.2pg [27.0 - 32.0]

Mean Cell Haemoglobin Concentration (429) - 334.0 g/l [315.0 - 345.0]

Red blood cell distribution width (XE2mO) - 13.6%  [11.6 - 14.0]

Red blood cell count (426) - 4.25 10*12/L  [3.8 - 4.8]

Neutrophil Count (42J) - 6.3 10*9/L  [2.0 - 7.0]

Lymphocyte count (42M) - 1.5 10*9/L  [1.1 - 3.5]

Monocyte count observation (42N) - 0.5 10*9/L  [0.2 - 1.0]

Eosinphil Count Observation (42K) - 0.1 10*9/L  [0.0 - 0.5]

Basophil Count (42L) - 0.0 10*9/L  [0.0 - 0.1]

Percentage Neutrophil Count (XE2mP) - 75%

Percentage Lymphocyte Count (XE2mQ) - 18%

Percentage Monocyte Count (XE2mR) - 6%

Percentage eosinophil Count (XaCJj) - 1%

Percentage Basophil Count (XE2mS) - 0%

Fasting Glucose 4th Sep 14

Fasting blood glucose (XE2mq) - 4.3 mmol/L  [3.6 - 6.1]

Renal Profile 4th Sep 14

plasma sodium (XalRf) - 139 mmol/L  [133.0 - 146.0]

Plasma Potassium (XaIRI) - 4.8 mmol/L  [3.5 - 5.3]

Plasma Creatinine (XaETQ) - 67 umol/L  [39.0 - 91.0]

Plasma Urea Level (XaDvl) BELOW RANGE - 2.4 mmol/L (Below low reference limit)  [2.5 - 7.8]

Bone and Liver Profile - 4th Sep 14

plasma calcium level  (XalRk) - 2.27 mmol/L  [2.12 - 2.55]

Corrected Serum Calcium level (44IC) - 2.33 mmol/L  [2.12 - 2.55]

Plasma Alkaline phosphate (XalRj) - 63 iu/L  [32.0 - 91.0]

Plasma Total Protein (XE2eC) - 66 g/L  [60.0 - 80.0]

Plasma albumin level (XalRc) - 37 g/L  [35.0 - 50.0]

Plasma globulin level (XaltX) - 29 g/L  [23.0 - 35.0]

Plasma total bilirubin level (XaETf) - 14 umol/L  [7.0 - 35.0]

Plasma alanine aminotransferase (XalRi) - 26 iu/L  [14.0 - 54.0]

Thyroid Function test - 4th Sep 14

plasma free T4 (XaERs) - 10.4 pmol/L  [6.3 - 14.0]

Plasma TSH (XaELW) - 0.98  mu/L  [0.3 - 5.6]

Amylase 4th Sept 14

Plasma Amylase level (XalRh) - 63 u/L  [0.0 - 70.0]

C Reactive Protein 4th Sep 14

Serum C reactive protein (XaINL) - 2.5 mg/L  [0.0 - 7.5]

ESR 4th Sep 14

Erythrocyte Sedimentation rate (XE2m7) - ABOVE RANGE - 25 mm/h - (above high reference limit)  [0.0 - 7.0]

ESR 10th Oct 14

Erythrocyte Sedimentation rate (XE2m7) - ABOVE RANGE - 45 mm/h - (above high reference limit) [0.0 - 7.0]

C Reactive Protein 10th Oct 14

Serum C Reactive Protein level  (XaINL) - ABOVE RANGE - 30.0 mg/L [0.0 - 7.5]

Tissue Transflutaminase 13th Oct 14

Tissue Transflutaminase IGA AB 1.1 u/mL [0.1 - 6.9]

IMMUNOLOGY COMMENT - Sample haemolysed - interpret results with caution

To Clarify - It is only the results from the 10 & 13th October that are haemolysed.

Archived