Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Blood Test Results "normal"

6 posts in this topic

My doctor just called. No sign of celiac disease or even any gluten sensitivity on my blood tests. B12 levels good, magnesium levels good. Red blood cell count a little low, but not anemic. So, I still have no answers.

Ads by Google:
My doctor just called. No sign of celiac disease or even any gluten sensitivity on my blood tests. B12 levels good, magnesium levels good. Red blood cell count a little low, but not anemic. So, I still have no answers.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

may i ask what your symptoms are?

I came up normal with no sensitivities as well. However, being gluten free means I DO NOT have the endometriosis pain I experienced for a year+. Have you read the book Dangerous Grains? It's helpful in explaining why our bodies do not do well ingesting gluten. It was all the proof I need to believe my body does NOT like gluten....no matter what the current tests say about my reaction to gluten. Let's also not forget that testing for Celiac *while improved* is not as good as it will one day be.

may i ask what your symptoms are?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have a long history of gut trouble: tummy aches and constipation as a child, dxed with IBS in college, upgraded to ulcerative colitis in my 20s. I've been in "remission" for a couple of blissful years, but here lately the old symptoms have cropped up again and have gotten worse and worse... diarrhea, gas, cramping, bloating, allergic reactions, rash, joints aching, fatigue, sleepiness... you name it.

A couple of weeks ago, I woke up and eliminated all gluten and casein and am feeling better, but still not 100%. I had been taking a whey protein isolate supplement because I weight train. When I started losing weight, I upped my intake and it finally dawned on me, if I had a casein sensitivity, this could explain my sudden turn for the worse. So, I stopped it completely and it helped alot.

I just don't understand why all these things can bother me so much, but nothing shows up on the tests. However, I will listen to my body... not the blood test results.

My brother said I should be happy I wasn't dxed celiac disease or gluten intolerant, but it would be nice to have some answers and to KNOW what I need to do to get well.

I know what you are saying about having answers. You feel like you're are going nuts sometimes when they can't find anything, but SOMETHING is OBVIOUSLY going on!

My question is, what kind of tests did you just take? Blood tests? Were you off the gluten when you took the tests?

And also, have you tried going through enterolab and giving them a stool sample instead of a blood test?

But it's also true, no matter what, we know our bodies best, and if you are feeling better, than you should just keep it up. I'm actually back on the gluten for testing, and I can't believe how crappy I feel every single day again. I'm so jealous of people who can actually concentrate on life instead of their health every day!

I have a long history of gut trouble: tummy aches and constipation as a child, dxed with IBS in college, upgraded to ulcerative colitis in my 20s. I've been in "remission" for a couple of blissful years, but here lately the old symptoms have cropped up again and have gotten worse and worse... diarrhea, gas, cramping, bloating, allergic reactions, rash, joints aching, fatigue, sleepiness... you name it.

A couple of weeks ago, I woke up and eliminated all gluten and casein and am feeling better, but still not 100%. I had been taking a whey protein isolate supplement because I weight train. When I started losing weight, I upped my intake and it finally dawned on me, if I had a casein sensitivity, this could explain my sudden turn for the worse. So, I stopped it completely and it helped alot.

I just don't understand why all these things can bother me so much, but nothing shows up on the tests. However, I will listen to my body... not the blood test results.

My brother said I should be happy I wasn't dxed celiac disease or gluten intolerant, but it would be nice to have some answers and to KNOW what I need to do to get well.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

There's an awful lot of healing you'll have to do. A few weeks is not enough time. Give it 6 months....at least. Just be 100% gluten-free or your efforts are wasted.