59 replies to this topic

#31 robertarosecollins

robertarosecollins

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 10:38 AM

I was recently diagnosed with Celiac. I am from Trinidad and Tobago (Caribbean) and its not a very common disease here. I am tired all of the time. By 2pm I am ready to find a bed..anywhere!

I am awaiting blood test results for thyroid functions, iron, calcium and a lot of other things that I cannot remember right now. I have also signed up with a nutritionist.

After reading some of the comments, I think that I will start slowly to do some physical activity...maybe I will start by walking. I hope that helps.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#32 rosetapper23

rosetapper23

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,361 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 08:58 PM

I would also recommend thyroid testing--when I read your post, that was the first thing to come to mind. Hashimoto's Thyroiditis is very common in people with celiac....and one of its principal features is fatigue and sleepiness.

#33 maximoo

maximoo

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 01:46 PM

this thread is 6 yrs old.

#34 NoodleUnit

NoodleUnit

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 11:27 AM

this thread is 6 yrs old.

...and still very relevant to me at least :). I'm experiencing serious fatigue about 2 months in to my gluten-free diet. This is my first week back at work after 7 weeks off and it's doing me in. I'm up at 6 - okay until about 2pm, then I seem to hit the wall and am completely incapable of functioning from then on. Good to know it's common enough to warrant 3 pages. This place is a mine of information for frightened rabbits like me \o.

#35 Jungle

Jungle

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 02:41 PM

Over 10 000 people viewed this. Wow, that is a lot of tired people!

I am so tired too. Will I ever have energy?

#36 jackay

jackay

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 615 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 02:44 PM

I don't even know what it feels like anymore to not be tired.
:(

#37 RL2011

RL2011

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 02:48 PM

Over 10 000 people viewed this. Wow, that is a lot of tired people!

I am so tired too. Will I ever have energy?

Everyone is tired from viewing this thread so much...

I got real tired after eating gluten for a few months and killing my intestines. It has been 3 weeks now since not eating any gluten and for the first time in over 2 months I felt like I have more energy. I am heading out on a 2 day 1,000 mile motorcycle ride tomorrow and hope I have the energy level I started today with.

I have a warped plan... If I continue to be tired after eating and sleeping right I will just push myself until I have a real reason to be tired.

Richard

#38 Marilyn R

Marilyn R

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,484 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 04:29 PM

Noodle, jungle, jac & RL...

Are you eating plenty of protein? And I mean intermentently throughout the day. It seems to help. I'm worthless if I don't get my protein every few hours.
Positive improvement from elimination diet. Mother dx'd by Mayo Clinic in late 1980s. Negative blood tests and Upper & Lower GI biopsy. Parathyroidectomy 12/09. Recurring high calcium level 4/10. Gluten-free 4/10. Soy & Dairy Free 6/10. Corn free 7/10. Grain free except rice 8/10. Legume free 6/11. Fighting the battle of the battle within myself, and I'm going to win!

As of 2/12, tolerating dairy, corn, legumes and some soy, but I limit soy to tamari sauce or modest soy additives. Won't ever try quinoa again!

Discoid Lupus from skin biopsy 2011, discovered 2/12 when picking up medical records. Systemic Lupus Dx 6/12. Shingles 10/12.

#39 jackay

jackay

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 615 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 05:06 PM

Are you eating plenty of protein? And I mean intermentently throughout the day. It seems to help. I'm worthless if I don't get my protein every few hours.

It doesn't seem to make any difference how often I eat protein or how much of it I eat.

Part of my fatigue comes from the fact that I do suffer from insomnia. About one out of every three nights nights I don't sleep at all. However, when I do get a night with eight hours of sleep, I am often just as tired the next day.

#40 love2travel

love2travel

ńĆeznem da se u Hrvatskoj!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 05:27 PM

It doesn't seem to make any difference how often I eat protein or how much of it I eat.

Part of my fatigue comes from the fact that I do suffer from insomnia. About one out of every three nights nights I don't sleep at all. However, when I do get a night with eight hours of sleep, I am often just as tired the next day.

Insomnia is truly a horrid thing. Like you, I am lucky if I have one good sleep per week. However, for some reason (perhaps the B12 sublingual and/or B complex and/or Vitamin D3) when I do sleep well (rare) I feel like I could conquer the world. I am full of energy. But with chronic pain it is so difficult to get in a comfortable position and fall asleep. Pain wakes me up often. Feeling so exhausted and draggy is not a way to start the day so I really empathize with you. I was recently diagnosed with Fibromyagia which has many crazy symptoms include MAJOR chronic fatique. Could that be a possibility?

So, I commiserate with you. Hopefully we will be able to rest well tomorrow and feel refreshed.
<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

#41 NoodleUnit

NoodleUnit

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 10:04 AM

It's actually improved for me over this week. I was pretty destroyed at the beginning of the week but by last night I was able to stay up most of the night. I've been having the usual newbie problems as I find more ingredients that dont agree with me, and that plus a return to work ( I get up at 6am to go to work ) did for me I believe. That said, I had a massive problem with dairy yesterday ( I keep on giving in and having things with a little dairy in the ingredients even though I know I shouldn't ) and that wiped me out for a chunk of the early evening.

I don't work on Fridays, so I've caught up on my sleep pretty much, so I feel almost human again. Hopefully I can recover and refresh fully over the weekend, something that never happened before I went gluten-free.

#42 razzle51

razzle51

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 06:31 AM

wow me too tried alot . Is it the diet ? Is there anything that can help.

#43 GF Lover

GF Lover

Melanoma Warrior

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,671 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 06:36 AM

wow me too tried alot . Is it the diet ? Is there anything that can help.

Razzle, just so you know, this thread is a year old. Be well

HAVE A SUPER SHINY DAY

LTES gem 2014

*BiPolar, Major Depression, Anxiety *Hypothyroidism, *Celiac

*Metastatic Melanoma, *Immunotherapy Mitigated Vitiligo, *General Insanity

"We cautiously travel through life to arrive safely at our death" - J. R. C. , my Son.

Are We There Yet? and Dad says...All you have to do it ride it out.

Comments/views/opinions expressed on the site are my own and are not representative of Forum Admin/Owner

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

hairy-spider-smiley-emoticon.gif

#44 nomoregluten

nomoregluten

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 07:29 PM

daily short excercise is improving my overall health. if you can manage it i would recommend it. daily short dosages are better and easier to maintain then more irregular and or longer excercising. i workout sometimes but do a lot of running because it's so extremely convenient. i get out the door and i'm going. run a couple of laps around the block and crash at home.

#45 LadyK

LadyK

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 07:54 AM

Yeah. I sleep until around 8:30 in the morning, then usually take a nap in the afternoon. I feel drained and tired pretty often.

Diagnosed with Celiac Disease December 2000, at age 10.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: