This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Cookie House (Rant)

notme

notme Experienced

every year, our neighborhood has the Christmas home walking tour (it's going to be beautiful here this weekend, so, should be good!)  and this year i am on the b.o.d. of the neighborhood organization.  NOW.  i don't mind selling tickets or walking around, but they have a hospitality house at the end of the tour and they have people making (delicious) Christmas cookies.  i was planning on being out of town, maybe, because our daughter is ready to give birth to our grandson - but, no, they scheduled her next week for a c-section.  now i will be home (and can't hide, because these people are all my neighbors lolz) so i am going to end up doing some thing to help with the tour.  also, there is a dinner (potluck, so, no eating anything there) that i'm expected to attend.  ok, ok, ok, i'm ok.  but i can't stop thinking about the dad gum cookie house!!!!  

I WANT COOKIES.  I WANT TO NOT MAKE COOKIES.  I WANT TO EAT COOKIES.  I WANT TO TRY EVERY KIND OF COOKIE WITHOUT FINGERPRINTING EVERY SINGLE ONE.  AUGGGHHHHHH!!!   

i seriously can't believe i'm losing it over cookies.  i can just see them, all pretty and nutty and completely poisonous...........   :angry:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

GF Lover Rising Star

Meltdowns over cookies is not unheard of  :D

notme Experienced

IS THAT A GINGERBREAD MAN????!!!!   AUGH!!   lolz!!

i wonder if they'd kick me out of the neighborhood if i just licked all of them.  or bit them and spit them (JUST KIDDING, i know better lololz)

SMRI Collaborator

Christmas cookie meltdowns are perfectly acceptable!!

GF Lover Rising Star

You could snap off all the heads  ;)

icelandgirl Proficient

Sounds like torture! I'd probably end up crying. I love all things baked.

notme Experienced

You could snap off all the heads  ;)

that *would* be fun......   ^_^   or maybe 'accidently' trip and fall onto them (aww sorry about all your cookies)  :o  :P

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

GF Lover Rising Star

I got it!.  Sprinkle Mirilax on the cookies and then proclaim...Welcome To My World  :lol:

LauraTX Rising Star

I got it!.  Sprinkle Mirilax on the cookies and then proclaim...Welcome To My World  :lol:

ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nvsmom Community Regular

LOL!  :lol:  :D   Ooooh! I like you!

Cookies cookies everywhere and nary a crumb to eat. :(  Bring yourself a thermos of Balieys with a bit of flavoured coffee or extra creamy hot chocolate - it might make you feel better, and if you drink enough you won't care anyways.  :)

kareng Grand Master

LOL!  :lol:  :D   Ooooh! I like you!

Cookies cookies everywhere and nary a crumb to eat. :(  Bring yourself a thermos of Balieys with a bit of flavoured coffee or extra creamy hot chocolate - it might make you feel better, and if you drink enough you won't care anyways.  :)

Excellent suggestion!

Or stand around the cookie table, and look at people like they are really stupid and ask " you still eat this s$#&?"

nvsmom Community Regular

LOL snort.  :lol:

ravenwoodglass Mentor

Or stand around the cookie table, and look at people like they are really stupid and ask " you still eat this s$#&?"

While sipping on the Baileys and munching a delicious gluten-free cookie you brought with you. 

Serielda Enthusiast

Ha ha ha! I like that one! The hubs the other day loved my captain jack sparrow impersonation take on why is all the rum gone. only mine was on gingerbread houses. Goes back to chortling on the miralax cookie debacle.

WinterSong Community Regular

Haha I'm loving this thread. 

And I've definitely had mini meltdowns over dessert  ;)

Archived