11 replies to this topic

#1 yorkshire lass

yorkshire lass

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 November 2005 - 04:43 AM

:D Hi all. I am a married Mum of 4 children from Yorkshire, England. I was diagnosed above a year ago, and now my youngest son is going through diet tests hope to chat soon

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Beanie

Beanie

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 November 2005 - 05:18 AM

Hi "Mum",
I hope you find a support group in your area. This is the single best "defuser" of that overwhelming feeling when you are first or recently diagnosed. It changed my outlook and has forced me to look outside the box and keep current with the disease, coping strategies and new recipes. The good news is that you are getting your children tested! In the U.S. the lag time is about 15 yrs. before a correct diagnosis is made and because doctors are not up to speed on the disease, it is very hard to get them to order the blood tests on children unless they are underweight and fall below the growth rate for their age. So don't despair! Life after celiac is not bad - I joke with my grandchild that "We are the "real" people, the others are mutants! He thinks it's funny!!!

#3 yorkshire lass

yorkshire lass

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 November 2005 - 07:13 AM

Thanks for the welcome. Just realised i didn't put my name there, its Julie :lol: My youngest son, had almost the same symtoms for most of the time i did, and it took me 20 months to get an hospital appointment for him he is 12 years old now, and we have had the gastro camera and endo camera too like i did- they found that he had a 'rare gut allergy' to put it in simple terms. But said there was no evidence of celiac there, however they decided that taking him off all food and giving him drip feed to give his bowel a rest. Then the tube came out and they started him on food again and today at the hospital they have said he can have wheat for next 6 weeks but still no dairy and eggs or milk so that is son 3 background

#4 lizzy

lizzy

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 10 November 2005 - 07:33 AM

welcome julie
its nice to have someone from good old yorkshire on here it makes me feel at home, sorry to here about your son i hope he gets well soon liz

#5 londonlass

londonlass

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 February 2006 - 06:56 AM

hi there julie are you the same milkfree yorkshire lass ive been chatting too. This is ambers mumma. Its a small world isnt it.

#6 Rusla

Rusla

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 26 February 2006 - 07:31 AM

Hi Julie,

Welcome to the board. This is a great place for information and support.
Rusla

Asthma-1969
wheat/ dairy allergies, lactose/casein intolerance-1980
Multiple food, environmental allergies
allergic to all antibiotics except sulpha
Rheumitoid arthritis,Migraine headaches,TMJ- 1975
fibromyalgia-1995
egg allergy-1997
msg allergy,gall bladder surgery-1972
Skin Biopsy positive DH-Dec.1 2005, confirmed celiac disease
gluten-free totally since Nov. 28, 2005
Hashimoto's Hypothyroidism- 2005
Pernicious Anemia 1999 (still anemic on and off.)
Osteoporosis Aug. 2006

Creative people need maids.

#7 weebee

weebee

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 July 2006 - 08:14 AM

Hi Julie,

Welcome to the board. This is a great place for information and support.

#8 taz sharratt

taz sharratt

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 354 posts

Posted 01 July 2006 - 12:42 PM

:D Hi all. I am a married Mum of 4 children from Yorkshire, England. I was diagnosed above a year ago, and now my youngest son is going through diet tests hope to chat soon

hay you , im in uk too. im im tenby west wales. also married mum but of 3 boys. diagnosed 2 months ago.
married with 3 boys, maclain, dylan and finlay. symptoms for more than 10 years but only diagnosed may 06. lactose and casien intolerant may 06.

#9 BRUMI1968

BRUMI1968

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 999 posts

Posted 01 July 2006 - 01:08 PM

I have an English dog (a staffy bull) and we both welcome you to the board. Can you tell me, how much in pounds is a "stone". Also, do you ever hear the phrase "bully for you" over there? I know it's a British saying, just don't know how common it is these days. Thanks.

#10 taz sharratt

taz sharratt

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 354 posts

Posted 02 July 2006 - 01:07 AM

I have an English dog (a staffy bull) and we both welcome you to the board. Can you tell me, how much in pounds is a "stone". Also, do you ever hear the phrase "bully for you" over there? I know it's a British saying, just don't know how common it is these days. Thanks.

there are 14 pounds to a stone, and yes " bully for you " is used commonly or at least i hear it. nice you have a bull dog, a friend had one which was lovely but it got stolen anbd used for fighting it was awfull.
married with 3 boys, maclain, dylan and finlay. symptoms for more than 10 years but only diagnosed may 06. lactose and casien intolerant may 06.

#11 bev40

bev40

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 July 2006 - 09:41 AM

Hi! Im a mum of 4 from yorkshire, england too! Huddersfield to be precise. Not diagnosed but suffering all the same :)

#12 nikki-uk

nikki-uk

Out running.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,957 posts

Posted 02 July 2006 - 02:30 PM

Bully4you,I've had 2 Staffies-I love them,they are so daft.
Brilliant with kids too-sadly my staffies died.
They get a bad press,but they really are great family dogs!

And yes,we still use the saying 'bully for you'!!
Great picture of your dog :)
It's not enough that we do our best; sometimes we have to do what's required - Sir Winston Churchill

Nikki

Son diagnosed with Coeliac Disease Oct 2006 by biopsy (at age 13yrs)

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: