Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Any One From Greenville Sc ?

7 posts in this topic

I am from the Greenville SC area have met only a couple celiacs in this area is there anyone else or a support group here?

Ads by Google:

We lived there until 1997 which was about the time we figured out that my husband had celiac. Now we are 780 miles away in Arkansas. As big as Greenville is, I bet you will definitely start finding other celiacs soon. I don't know if it is still there after all these years, but we found out about celiac through a health food store on Wade Hampton blvd. You might want to make inquiries there.

Tammy Moore

who missed Greenville, Taylors, and the trips up into the mountains very much <sigh>

I am from the Greenville SC area have met only a couple celiacs in this area in five years is there anyone else or a support group here?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think if you check on the Celiac Sprue Association website you can e-mail them and ask if there is a support group in your area. Good luck!

Also, I noticed you menioned an another thread about your BF's parents not inviting you guys over to eat anymore. I feel like most people are just afraid of things they don't understand. The fact that they didn't try and feed you since the dx is probably a good sign that they are worried about making you sick. Maybe you could suggest that you cook dinner together so you know the meal is safe. Some southern women don't want to invite people over and ask them to help with the cooking. Not good manners and all that.

I'm from Greenville but live in GA now. I still go up there to see my celiac doctor though, who is in Travelers Rest. Our Earth Fare here in GA recently had a celiac talk (which I unfortunately missed) - maybe the one on Pelham has them from time to time and you could meet people there. The employees might also know of local happenings with the celiac community.

Lois, there's a support group meeting at the new Whole Foods this Thursday - 8/31/06 at 6:30.

I'm from Greenville but live in GA now. I still go up there to see my celiac doctor though, who is in Travelers Rest. Our Earth Fare here in GA recently had a celiac talk (which I unfortunately missed) - maybe the one on Pelham has them from time to time and you could meet people there. The employees might also know of local happenings with the celiac community.

Who is the doctor you see in travelers rest?

This is a really old thread. That poster hasn't been on since 2009.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Topics

• What's an " iodine test"?  Haven't heard doctors doing that to diagnose DH.
    • Hello! I've just been given my blood results and told they are highly suggestive of coeliacs but will have to wait till next month to see the gastroenterologist and who knows how much longer for a biopsy. My igA, igG and tissuetrans igA were all over 250 and tissuetrans igG was the only one that was normal. These results don't mean much to me yet but I'm told they are very high. I'm now quite fearful of how much damage I've gone to myself. I've had stomach problems for 25 years (just turned 40) and have often steered clear of too much bread and pasta for how bloated it made me feel but the symptoms were always vague and inconsistent so I kept eating. I had a couple of boats in the past few months (thanks kids) which I took a lot longer than normal to recover from then last Friday I had a blowout with wine, cheese, crackers, pizza and chocolate cake. I'm sure I've probably had blowouts like that before but I have never felt so sick before and am still slowly recovering. This is what finally prompted me to go back to my GP after being fobbed off so many times over the years. So I guess my question and my concern is whether there is still  chance of a false positive with levels like this? I worry what else it might be if not coeliac. I'm also worried that I may have done so much damage to myself that I will have several disorders going on! Thankyou!!    
    • Here's what the Klondike Bar makers say on the FAQ page of their website (August 2016): Are your products gluten free? Nope. They are not. We have not validated for gluten free. We do not operate allergen-free manufacturing sites, however we do have allergen management programs in all our facilities. The intent of these programs is to avoid unintentional cross-contamination of allergens between products. Our product labels adhere to the FDA’s strict regulations regarding declaration of ingredients and allergens. We do not use the terms “Natural” or “Artificial Flavorings” to hide the existence of any allergens. RECIPES CAN CHANGE. We strongly recommend that allergic consumers refer to ingredient declarations EVERY TIME they purchase processed foods.
    • I tried the iodine test but couldn't leave it on very long because it itched too much. I left it on maybe 30 minutes lol. Did anyone try it and have the same response??
    • Had my scope today. Dr said my esophagus is damaged and stomach inflamed. Waiting on biopsy results. Taking protonic and flagyl and he said to go ahead and try cutting gluten out to see if that helps. Thanks for the feedback everyone! 
  • Upcoming Events

• Blog Entries

• Recent Status Updates

• Who's Online (See full list)

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Vic40