6 replies to this topic

#1 Lois23

Lois23

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 November 2005 - 09:44 AM

I am from the Greenville SC area have met only a couple celiacs in this area is there anyone else or a support group here?
celiac disease since 11/26/01

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 armoorefam

armoorefam

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 10 November 2005 - 09:30 PM

We lived there until 1997 which was about the time we figured out that my husband had celiac. Now we are 780 miles away in Arkansas. As big as Greenville is, I bet you will definitely start finding other celiacs soon. I don't know if it is still there after all these years, but we found out about celiac through a health food store on Wade Hampton blvd. You might want to make inquiries there.

Tammy Moore
who missed Greenville, Taylors, and the trips up into the mountains very much <sigh>

#3 floridanative

floridanative

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,199 posts

Posted 11 November 2005 - 08:28 AM

I am from the Greenville SC area have met only a couple celiacs in this area in five years is there anyone else or a support group here?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think if you check on the Celiac Sprue Association website you can e-mail them and ask if there is a support group in your area. Good luck!

Also, I noticed you menioned an another thread about your BF's parents not inviting you guys over to eat anymore. I feel like most people are just afraid of things they don't understand. The fact that they didn't try and feed you since the dx is probably a good sign that they are worried about making you sick. Maybe you could suggest that you cook dinner together so you know the meal is safe. Some southern women don't want to invite people over and ask them to help with the cooking. Not good manners and all that.
Dx'd with anemia - March 2005
Positive blood tests - Sept. 2005
Positive biopsy - Jan. 2006
Gluten free since 1-23-06

#4 julie5914

julie5914

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 11 November 2005 - 01:21 PM

I'm from Greenville but live in GA now. I still go up there to see my celiac doctor though, who is in Travelers Rest. Our Earth Fare here in GA recently had a celiac talk (which I unfortunately missed) - maybe the one on Pelham has them from time to time and you could meet people there. The employees might also know of local happenings with the celiac community.
Blood work positive
Dx with IBS 5 years ago
Dx with Celiac and gluten-free since 6/17/05

#5 julie5914

julie5914

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 29 August 2006 - 06:29 AM

Lois, there's a support group meeting at the new Whole Foods this Thursday - 8/31/06 at 6:30.
Blood work positive
Dx with IBS 5 years ago
Dx with Celiac and gluten-free since 6/17/05

#6 breegraham

breegraham

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 02:33 PM

I'm from Greenville but live in GA now. I still go up there to see my celiac doctor though, who is in Travelers Rest. Our Earth Fare here in GA recently had a celiac talk (which I unfortunately missed) - maybe the one on Pelham has them from time to time and you could meet people there. The employees might also know of local happenings with the celiac community.

Who is the doctor you see in travelers rest?

#7 kareng

kareng

HO! HO! HO!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,317 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 03:03 PM

This is a really old thread. That poster hasn't been on since 2009.

santa-dance.gif

Once again, we come to the Holiday Season, a deeply religious time that each of us observes, in his own way, by going to the mall of his choice. - Dave Barry

“The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.”  - George Carlin

“One can never have enough socks," said Dumbledore. "Another Christmas has come and gone and I didn't get a single pair. People will insist on giving me books.”  - J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: