This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Paid To Be Celiac!

Claire

carriecraig Enthusiast

I just signed up at Open Original Shared Link for future trials. I'll keep you posted. Looking forward to what happens at the trials this weekend.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Viola

That's interesting. I hope someone that is in it belongs to this forum and keeps us up-to-date.

laurelfla Enthusiast
Hi Laurel,

I'm scheduled to participate in the study and was given the impression that all travel related expenses were going to be reimbursed. Based on what you've sayed I'm a little worried myself now. May I ask what they told you that would not be refunded?

Thanks,

Mike

hi, Mike --

i'm sorry to be getting back here so late -- for some reason i never saw new posts on this thread over the last few days. now you probably know more than i do about the reimbursement stuff, but just in case here is what Mr. Horesh told me: reimbursement up to $300 for travel (plane, gas, taxi), up to $100 for hotel stays, keeping all receipts. which sounded good, until i asked if that was for the one trip on Dec. 3 for the initial appointment or all of them; he told me that was the total amount possible for all the necessary trips. since at that point the ticket was already up to $222 from here to Baltimore, and i have no extra cash, i passed on it. he also said it would take up to a couple of weeks to get the reimbursement. hope this helps!

Laurel.

mswift Newbie

Hi Laurel,

I went to the screening anyway and I'm waiting to hear back whether or not I still qualify. Sounds like they did not do a very good job explaining this to you. The study contract I came back with states the reimbursement is per study visit: $300 travel and $100 hotel with a max of $1200 for the complete study.

They could have done a better job giving details about the required dates/times for the study too. A couple of people in my screening group(about 8 people) didn't even end up doing the screening after we were told that the 3rd visit was going to be on Thursday the 15th. Their expenses for the trip are still being paid, but they could have been saved the time(and Parexel's money) if Parexel had told us this on the phone screen before ariving on site.

Mike

mswift Newbie

Well, I found out yesterday that I've been excluded. But the person I spoke with said there was a chance that this weekend's study will be postponed anyway. A reason was not given, but if I had to guess it would be due to a lack of "qualified" candidates.

Guest Viola

Sounds like it is difficult to be qualified.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest BERNESES

I just wanted to keep this thread going and see if anyone had heard any more. I'm with most of you- i wouldn't risk taking a pill and eating an unrestricted diet but I would be more than happy to take a pill and remain gluten free so that cross-contamination, hidden gluten etc wasn't so painful.

I was researching this online and according to Tufts, iot can take up to a decade and $300 million dollars before a drug gets approved. yeeks! But at least some research is happening! Beverly

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Canadian Karen Community Regular

Sounds like participating in this study is as difficult as participating in the Catholic church!!! It's hard to decide who makes you jump through more hoops...... LOL!

Karen

kathy1 Contributor

did anyone ever end up participating in this study? How did it go?

Archived