This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

What Are You Eating For The Super Bowl?

LauraTX

LauraTX Rising Star

What is everyone planning on eating for super bowl watching snacks?  I am not a big football person, but I do watch the game and the commercials.  My husband suggested we break out the deep fryer and make fried chicken tenders and fried pickles since it has been a while, and I agreed that is a great idea.  Yum Yum!  Hopefully we can leave some ideas here to inspire our people new to gluten-free and Celiac life.

I marinate my chicken tenders in buttermilk, sriracha, and spices.  Then coat in gluten-free bisquik, and fry.  Really nice to have something like that since I definitely can't go through a drive through and get it like the old days.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

icelandgirl Proficient

I was just thinking about that...good timing! I'm thinking about asking the hubs and each of the kids to pick one thing that they really want to have and use that as a starting point.

Your chicken sounds great! I'll be watching this thread for more ideas.

etbtbfs Rookie

I'm planning on skipping SB and going to the gym instead. That removes the problem of what to serve.

LauraTX Rising Star

I'm planning on skipping SB and going to the gym instead. That removes the problem of what to serve.

Yes, the opposite of what I am going to do... fatten myself up.  LOL

icelandgirl Proficient

Yes, the opposite of what I am going to do... fatten myself up.  LOL

Lol Laura! We are completely bummed by who's in the Super Bowl...especially my oldest who's a huge 49ers fan...but we're all gonna watch and eat something yummy!
kareng Grand Master

I like to watch the commercials and the half time show. I am thinking of something that doesn't require me to do much - like chili or cheese dip. I don't want to miss the good commercials while I am cooking!

Actually, I did suggest we go completely tongue and have wine and cheese and crackers! Lol

gilligan Enthusiast

I've been hungry for bacon wrapped little smokies smothered in bbq sauce.  Believe me, that is NOTHING that I would've ever wanted before celiac diagnosis.  Is it even possible?   Do they make those little sausages that are gluten free?   

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

notme Experienced

Open Original Shared Link

looks like no gluten :)  'natural flavoring' but if it was derived from wheat, it has to be disclosed.

icelandgirl Proficient

The suggestions at our house so far...wings, nachos, chips and salsa, pizza, crackers, cheese and pepperoni. All from the teenager! It's amazing how much he can put away!

bartfull Rising Star

Even though I've been a Raiders fan since 1968, being from New England I can't help but root for them. And I have a friend here who is from Washington state who is of course rooting for Seattle. I could go  (because I haven't owned a TV in decades) to his house to watch the game but I won't.

And this is why - he INSISTS that he can cook for me. His house is FULL of gluten. He thinks I go overboard with my diet. He doesn't really believe in CC. I have explained it to him several times and even pointed him toward articles about it, but to no avail. This guy has a heart of gold, truly he does. He's give me the shirt off his back and I know that. But while his heart is gold, he has a brain of mush. :lol:

I COULD go over there and bring my own food but I wouldn't enjoy sitting there while he tries to cajole me into eating some of his food. As I said, he is a great guy who has done a lot for me and I don't want to get into an argument with him over this.

So...I MAY go to one of the local sports bars to watch it on a big screen TV. But most likely I will stay home, read a good book, and find out who won the next day.

Oh yeah, I'll be eating a bacon egg and cheese sandwichfor lunch, probably some clam chowder for supper, and if I feel like a snack I have some potato chips. Those always go good with a good book. :lol:

LauraTX Rising Star

I've been hungry for bacon wrapped little smokies smothered in bbq sauce.  Believe me, that is NOTHING that I would've ever wanted before celiac diagnosis.  Is it even possible?   Do they make those little sausages that are gluten free?   

Yes those hillshire farms little smokies that arlene linked are gluten-free! :D  I will get those and make pigs in a blanket with them, using the King Arthur Flour gluten-free biscuit recipe.  I am sure wrapped in bacon is totally delicious as well!! Now I want sausages in bacon.  May have to pick some up, LOL

gilligan Enthusiast

Thank you, Laura!  

Serielda Enthusiast

I'm working that day so for me int a ground beef patty obviously no bun, with carrots, and mushrooms and a sweet potato. For my drink I'm having a GT's hibiscus kombucha.

Archived