This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

My Results?

NewlyCeliac

NewlyCeliac Newbie

So I'm having trouble figuring out my lab results I got today. I've been having stomach problems for a while now, and just decided to see a doctor about it.

My IGG was 1.21 < .90
And my IGA was 0.19 < .90

Any help would be appreciated  ^_^

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

LauraTX Rising Star

Welcome to the board! :)

If you could give us some more information and fully type out what is on the lab report, including any letters or words that are before the IgG and IgA, and the reference ranges, that will help us help you a little better, since those letters make all the difference in interpreting the lab tests.

NewlyCeliac Newbie

Welcome to the board! :)

If you could give us some more information and fully type out what is on the lab report, including any letters or words that are before the IgG and IgA, and the reference ranges, that will help us help you a little better, since those letters make all the difference in interpreting the lab tests.

The full test is 

Tissue transglutaminase IgA .19 < .90

Tissue transglutaminase IgG 1.21 < .90

Alkaline Phosphate 32, standard being 37-117 U/L

My liver function is good, iron is good, and thyroid is good. So are all my blood counts, just with my lymphocytes being a little on the higher side

cyclinglady Grand Master

I interpret it as one of them being positive! But I am just a Mom who has celiac disease, majored in business and am NOT a doctor. Keep eating gluten until all testing is complete. The next step is usually an endoscopy to obtain intestinal tissue biopsies. Read up on celiac disease on the University of Chicago's celiac website:

Open Original Shared Link

Keep us posted!

NewlyCeliac Newbie

I interpret it as one of them being positive! But I am just a Mom who has celiac disease, majored in business and am NOT a doctor. Keep eating gluten until all testing is complete. The next step is usually an endoscopy to obtain intestinal tissue biopsies. Read up on celiac disease on the University of Chicago's celiac website:

Open Original Shared Link

Keep us posted!

I have a phone appointment on thursday with my doctor to talk about the results  :)  I wish the nurse practitioner who ordered the blood tests would have called me with the results, and given me more information on what they mean. Oh well! Only two days until thursday. I'll keep checking in daily on this post for more replies, and let you all know what news I hear! 

NewlyCeliac Newbie

Today I was officially told my diagnosis of Celiac Disease. It went in my charts on 4/29/15. This will be a long journey for someone like me who has spent her life so far dedicating herself to her recipes, and her love of food. I've decided to try to convert all the recipes I have now into gluten free recipes, along with making more :) I've already made a chicken taco recipe that is to die for and is gluten free.

Heres to Celiac Disease!

cyclinglady Grand Master

Welcome to the club!

I just pulled a chocolate mayonnaise cake out of the oven. Luckily, it fell out of the pan easily. It works best to use parchment paper to line pans when using gluten-free flour. Next step, homemade frosting. Yum! This cake is requested by my non-celiac kid over a store-bought bakery cake full of gluten! It is that good!

I always keep goodies in my freezer in case of an emergency -- like attending a party. Tonight we have friends from Japan coming over for dinner. Steak is in the menu and everything will be gluten free as always.

Back to some serious stuff.....

Read the Newbie 101 section under "Coping". Cross contamination is one of our biggest issues. Eliminate milk products for a while if needed. Eat whole foods that are easy to digest and expedite healing.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Archived