This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Anyone Else Hate Making Phone Calls?

Nantzie

Nantzie Collaborator

I used to visit an adult ADD board years ago and there were a surprising number of people on there who hated making phone calls. There was a big discussion about it.

I've always hated making phone calls. Because sometimes by the time the person says hello, I have no idea who I called, and then no idea WHY I called, and it's just embarrassing. I much prefer email and message boards.

Does anyone else here have that feeling about making phone calls or just going blank when talking to someone no matter the format?

Nancy

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Noelle126 Apprentice

I go blank all the time! I think my parents think I've kinda lost it because I will call home and then forget why I called and so I just ask them how life is and whatnot...to only call 4 hours later to ask what I first meant to ask! :D

Guest nini

LOL! I did this very thing just yesterday! I hadn't gotten a response to my e-mail to Health Valley about their soups gluten-free status, so I called... by the time a real person answered the phone I had to laugh because I had completely forgotten who I was calling and why! This is precisely why I prefer to deal with e-mail and message boards! I'm sure the guy thought I was completely nuts because it seriously took me a minute or two to gain my composure and remember why I had called! (and I had the cans of soup right in front of me, DUH!!!! :rolleyes: )

Guest Viola

Yes! ... I'm another one who hates making phone calls. Voice Mail drives me insane! It is the worst invention of the modern world!!! I've got half my house work done while I'm walking around with the phone waiting for a real human :wacko:

jerseyangel Proficient

Yes! I also sometimes go blank while talking on the phone but it also can happen while I'm in a regular conversation. Moreso on the phone, though. Good to know I'm not alone on this :huh:

paw Apprentice

Would it help you to write down your main purpose and the name of the person you are calling before you place the call?

When I make "important" calls I always try to write down names and dates of calls. Maybe this will work for you.

Guest CD_Surviver

i hate making phone calls but i amm eager to answer the phone!

Lauren

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

ianm Apprentice

I hate phone calls too. Any more than a few minutes on the phone and I have had enough.

Rusla Enthusiast

The push this button; push that button is very agitating and by the time you do that, and wait for a half hour then the person is a maniac when they get to a real person. I know, iget shrieking people all the time. That is why I do not shriek at them when I get them. I know it is not their fault, that is the companies for doing that and being so cheap they don't hire enough people.

Knowing it is not the persons fault does not make me like it, i hate it either as much or more than anyone else. Whoever came out with that should be executed in the public square.

Archived