This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

#glutenfreeishealthy (Let's Start A Tag!)

Molecularmolly

Molecularmolly Newbie

Redacted: This is not a community I want to be part of. Thanks guys.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

mamaw Community Regular

Hello,  your  post  confuses  me  a  bit.. Are  you  wanting  to have  gluten-free  foods   but  don't  care  about CC? or  are  you liking  the law  of 20 ppm?

gluten-free  foods  under 20 ppm  may not  be  safe  for all celiac...I run a gluten-free  support  group  & many  can not  eat gluten-free foods  under the20 ppm  by law  , meaning  they  have to eat  gluten-free  foods  that  are certified  gluten-free......this  disease  is like a  chameleon   all the  same  yet  so different  .....

I for  one  am  very thankful  restaurants  are  trying  to  give  a better , safer, healthier gluten-free  meal....

gluten-free food  is  the  medicine  for  some one with celiac .....gluten-free  itself  is not  healthy , until  the last  few  years  when   better  gluten-free  flours  become  known  most  of the  gluten-free  flour  blends  are rice, starches, & sugars  so I don't call that  healthy.. The newer  gluten-free  blends  often  use  nut flours, added  fiber to add  to the  protein  & less starches & sugars...

Please  explain  the Health  craze? if  you  are  talking  about  gluten-free  healthier  foods  I'm  in.....twelve  years ago I never  thought about  whether  a gluten-free  food  was  healthy I just  wanted to be able to  eat,  now  I  think  about  better gluten-free  products to  nourish  the body & keep  healthy....

kareng Grand Master

I looked at the comments on Twitter. There didn't seem to be many but  they seem to be making fun of gluten free food and the people who eat it for health reasons.  Not sure how that will help educate restaurants about cc?

Maybe I am just too old to understand?  :ph34r: 

mamaw Community Regular

Kareng  I didn't understand  either  at  first  I thought  they  were  mocking  the gluten-free  diet  then I  thought  when I re-read  it  I took  it  another  way  so  yes, I'm  confused... the poster  doesn't  say if they are gluten-free......

just  weird   , the post????

kareng Grand Master

Kareng  I didn't understand  either  at  first  I thought  they  were  mocking  the gluten-free  diet  then I  thought  when I re-read  it  I took  it  another  way  so  yes, I'm  confused... the poster  doesn't  say if they are gluten-free......

just  weird   , the post????

I went and looked at the Twitter stuff under that hashtag - saw 2 people making fun of gluten-free being healthy - they ate a gluten-free brownie so it must be gluten-free ha! ha! - type of comment and a guy linking to this thread here. I didn't see anything by anyone else but maybe I don't know how to find it?

example: "the only things i know for sure that were gluten free that i ate for breakfast were soda and a brownie."

Maybe it should be "gluten free is yummy"  - something like that

Molecularmolly Newbie

Redacted.

GF Lover Rising Star

Personally, I think Celiac is a serious Disease and awareness will not improve with a hashtag that anyone can post too.  Awareness develops as Researchers, Doctors and those in the Celiac Community spread knowledge and facts.

I also don't think this is the proper place to drum up traffic.  These are my personal opinions.

Colleen

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Archived