Ads by Google:
Celiac.com Sponsor:                                    

- - - - -

17 With Celiac

• Please log in to reply

30 replies to this topic

#31 KaitiUSA

KaitiUSA

Be the change you wish to see in the world!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,583 posts

Posted 14 August 2005 - 08:23 AM

hey! my name is jess and im sixteen, i was diagnosed two years ago and i think im doin okay with this...there definitly are some times when i feel like poop because of celiac disease but i came to realize that i do feel much better on the diet...but the low times, they can be really low...like when i go to a party and wanna drink and cant because of the things they have there or sometime when a friend makes a comment as a joke...but it hurts...i understand what your going through cuz im feeling it myself...my sn is sweetiegrl109@aol.com...send me a message!!!
xoxo
-jess-

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What you can do is just bring your own drink along. Nobody will care. I have had to bring my drinks pretty much everywhere I go and people don't even ask questions. They don't need an explanation to why you brought it along either.
However, if you are talking alcoholic beverages then its probably a good thing you can't have the drinks they have there.
You don't cheat on the diet do you? That can cause those days you are talking about of just not feeling well.
I know some people can really get to you with the comments they make as jokes...it bothered me for a while but doesn't anymore. If someone says something then you can ignore it or come back with a joke back on them.
It also used to bother me to sit with people while they ate my pre gluten-free favorite foods...now I don't even crave it so they are welcome to all the crap food they want and if its in front of me it's cool.
Kaiti
Positive bloodwork
Gluten-free since January 2004
Arkansas

Jeremiah 29:11- "For I know the plans that I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for you to prosper and not harm you,plans to give you a hope and future"

"One Nation, Under God"

Feel free to email me anytime....jkbrodbent@yahoo.com

Celiac.com Sponsor:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: