This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Muscle Fatigue /stiffness

Jimmymtfan19

Jimmymtfan19 Newbie

Anyone's throat and face musclkes feel tired and stiff along with discomfort when swallowing ect? Been gluten free about a month. BC powders seem to help

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Jimmymtfan19 Newbie

i had my blood work printed out from when my celiac was at it worst, this is what they say i have anyway doctor said my vili are flat and damaged. BUT my blood levels were all normal igA was 171 i think and immunoglubulin G i think was like 100 not sure what the others are they didnt check them all, all cbc was normal, thyroid was normal, so how the hell can i have celiac but normal blood levels, i have had it for 2 years and was horribly constipated, tarry black fatty nasty smelling stools, ribbon like stools, pulsating abdomen, fatigue, headaches, weakness , throat discomfort, abdomen swollen, im tired of hurting and nothing seems to work, and the blood work isnt showing i have it. are there certain deficiencies that could be causing my extreme muscle fatigue and tiredness, even my face muscles get weak and talking seems to take alot of effort. 

kareng Grand Master

I'm not sure what you tests actually had - but a TTg IGA of 100 would  be extremely positive in most labs scales.

Maybe you could get the actual results with the scale or ranges.

cyclinglady Grand Master

Check the copy of your labs like Karen suggested. Your previous posting stated that your "antibodies were high".

I am assuming that you are really having an off day! It will get better. You just need more time.

You mentioned having a CBC and a thyroid test. You need to ask your doctor to check your vitamin levels (e.g. Vit. D, B-12, folate, etc). That is not included in a CBC.

Keep looking to your diet too. There is a huge learning curve! Get plenty of rest and make sure any meds or supplements are gluten free. When in doubt, ask us! It is hard to think clearly when you are so ill! We have all been there!

Jimmymtfan19 Newbie

They told me they were high I thing they did the ttg iga test and it said immunoglobulin was 100 and ttg iga was 173 thyroid and all cbc were normal. I'm going to get vitamin levels checked

kareng Grand Master

They told me they were high I thing they did the ttg iga test and it said immunoglobulin was 100 and ttg iga was 173 thyroid and all cbc were normal. I'm going to get vitamin levels checked

I'm not sure what is going on but your first post says your blood tests were normal. Now you say they are positive. Anyway.....

It will take a few months, at least to reverse vitamin deficiencies from celiac

Jimmymtfan19 Newbie

I didn't know what test they ran but if you Google normal iga levels I thought mine were normal.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Jimmymtfan19 Newbie

80-350mg/dl iga is normal range from what I read. So 173 is normal? But anything over 10 units/ml of ttg iga is positive and high mine is 173 they didn't say if it was ttg iga or specify so I was confused.

kareng Grand Master

You have a normal serum IGA. That just shows that your other tests will be accurate. I'm sorry... could you post what each test actually says? In one post you say they are negative and another that they are positive. It sounds like you make a normal amount of "IGA" so the IGA tests are accurate. It sounds like you had a positive blood test? And positive biopsy?

Jimmymtfan19 Newbie

They said both were positive

ravenwoodglass Mentor

You are very early in the healing process and it is going to take some time to recover. It is quite possible to have a normal CBC on testing and still be celiac. What matters is your postive Celiac panel results. I know it is hard to be patient with your recovery but we really don't have a choice. Do you best to make sure you are doing all you need to prevent CC and if you haven't already do read the Newbie 101 thread at the top of the Coping section. Also make sure your little one gets screened regularly as Celiac is strongly genetic.

Archived