This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Can't get on

bartfull

bartfull Rising Star

I have "new content" bookmarked. When I click on it this morning I get the, "Sorry, this page does not exist". At the top was "content I started" and I clicked on that. Then I clicked on one of the threads I actually started and finally at the top was the "forums" button. That's how I got here. Still can't find a new content button but at least I can go through all of the categories and read the forum that way.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Scott Adams Grand Master

The unread content should be at the top:

https://www.celiac.com/gluten-free/discover/unread/

We did do an upgrade recently...so far no major issues besides the skin issue I mentioned. Be sure to clear your cookies and cache if you are having issues.

kareng Grand Master

There was a place that said " new content" I could click.  But it's not there now on the iPad.  Odd

psawyer Proficient

Not there for me either. The new "Unread Content" just is not a substitute. Sigh.

Scott Adams Grand Master

Isn't unread content new content after you marked everything as read?

Scott Adams Grand Master
Scott Adams Grand Master

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Scott Adams Grand Master

I did notice multiple settings in this link

https://www.celiac.com/gluten-free/discover/unread/

Including "Edit this stream" so you can tailor it how you prefer....

kareng Grand Master

But I think it was there yesterday?  I like the "new content "  so I can see all the recent posts, even if I read them. I don't see why we should make it harder and with more steps to do what was available a few minutes ago.

adding- its not on the PC any longer either.  I know it was there yesterday

Scott Adams Grand Master

As mentioned, I did do what was advertised as a minor upgrade. Obviously they changed some things. It only takes a second to use the "Edit this stream" feature...probably less time than writing a message...;)

kareng Grand Master
6 minutes ago, admin said:

As mentioned, I did do what was advertised as a minor upgrade. Obviously they changed some things. It only takes a second to use the "Edit this stream" feature...probably less time than writing a message...;)

That's lovely.  I did it.  But there is no way to just get to these posts.  All the posts that have been made in the last day or two.  That was what I had the "new content" "button" set to.  I could hit it and see the list of all the current discussions/threads.

kareng Grand Master

IT LOOKS LIKE, if I go to the top and change from "browse" to "activity" then choose "all"  I can get what I want.  This seems to  have to be done each time you ant to see the list.  So if you respond to one, you have to do this again.

Scott Adams Grand Master

And it looks like you can now create custom activity streams....

bartfull Rising Star

AARRRGH! I just went to my email and found a bunch of emails telling me someone posted in a certain thread. I never clicked on anything saying to notify me when someone posted. So I went to my profile and clicked on the button to stop following that thread. When I came back here to "All Activity it said I had just clicked on FOLLOW for that thread.

Scott Adams Grand Master

Not sure how to help...so you can't unsubscribe to those notifications?

bartfull Rising Star

I never subscribed to it in the first place. When I thought I had UNsubscribed it said I had just done the opposite. It was in the thread about "gluten-free baked goods making me sick". I'm assuming if I go there and make another post it won't notify me but maybe if someone else does I can check my email and see if a notification shows up. The thing is though, I'll be going home in a few minutes so I may not be able to get back to you until tomorrow morning. (No computer at home.)

Scott Adams Grand Master

If you post there it will likely subscribe you. To unsubscribe just go to:

https://www.celiac.com/gluten-free/followed/

bartfull Rising Star

That's what I did. I clicked on "no notifications". It still shows that in the box. It's just that the "all activity" I clicked on right after that said I had just decided to follow that thread. It showed someone else had just decided to follow a thread too. That (showing someone is following a thread) seems to only show up in all activity for a few minutes. It was in a "faded" text, then it was gone.

Scott Adams Grand Master

Ok, so all is ok then?

bartfull Rising Star

Good morning. I don't know if all is OK because no one has posted to that thread yet. But if they do and I get a notification I'll let you know.

Archived