Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 stef_the_kicking_cuty

stef_the_kicking_cuty

Stef and Luke

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 925 posts

Posted 24 November 2005 - 04:24 PM

If you want to see it at 4th place, I mean. The thing is, that there is one 1st place, one 2nd place and TWO 3rd places :o . All four of them are in the finals in the form performing classes. I missed this final with 1/10 of a point. So theoretically spoken it's a 4th place, cause there are two 3rd places and no 4th place in the finals. But some people say it's 5th... I don't know :huh: . One thing I know, is, that I improved greatly. Cause 2003 in Ireland I already passed the final with 1/10 of a point :rolleyes: and there weren't nearly as much people than now in Canada. And the skill lewel two years ago was waaay lower than this time, too :P . So I must have improved. :blink:

One thing I know for sure (without being cocky now) is I did a really good job and I worked hard for it :D . And I didn't give my opponents an easy time. They really earned it, too. And I didn't give anything away either. It was the highest skilled kickboxing world championships I ever competed in (or watched, I also was spectator when I wasn't competing). Every competitor there really earned it to yet alone be there. It was awesome... :lol: I'm so glad I did this. Well, I'm at my parents in law at the moment so I have to get going. But as I said, you will get some nice, cool, funny, sad, emberassing whatever stories. There's something for everybody.

Hugs, Stef
Stef

Next goals:
Results for 2011:
1x PA State Champ (I defended my title in pointfighting) and also again Grand Champion in pointfighting
August 20-27: Karate and Kickboxing World Championships in Germany (my homecountry)
gluten-free since 07/21/2004
Shermans Dale, PA

#18 mommida

mommida

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,961 posts

Posted 26 November 2005 - 02:58 PM

Steph
I loved the article! Congratulations! Thank you for mentioning the Celiac. I have showed the article to my daughter, what a great gluten free role model!
Laura
Michigan

#19 stef_the_kicking_cuty

stef_the_kicking_cuty

Stef and Luke

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 925 posts

Posted 26 November 2005 - 03:12 PM

Thanks, Laura, this makes me so proud :wub: . First I was afraid of mentioning celiac (just like the "big" celebrities :P ). But then I "jumped over my shadow" and told 'em. Now it's out and actually it wasn't that bad. Actually it gave me a little bit of popularity. Since I'm back from Canada strangers on the street talk to me about this, cause they remember. Isn't that cool? And one of the women I had in my class beginning 2004 remembered me when I went shopping in WalMart (she's working there). She tries to talk to her boss about having me "over" for christmas for a charity thing and giving out pics with autographs. If this should ever happen, I will fight for bringing in glutenfree foods into our WalMart. Because our WalMart in Carlisle doesn't have glutenfree foods.

At the moment I'm planning for our "2 in 1" holiday party December, 10th. "2 in 1" means christmas and world championships celebration in one. The press probably will be there again (I don't know for sure, but they will get my invitation at the beginning of next week) and I'm struggling with the decision at the moment to invite celiacs and make a big thing with glutenfree food :ph34r: . My beloved Kathy won't come, so I would be the only one and without help in this section :( . I can't count on the help of my other students. None of them is celiac. They probably would contaminate the food without knowing. So I don't know what to do at the moment. I'm fussing and planing and can't get anything done... What do you guys think?
Stef

Next goals:
Results for 2011:
1x PA State Champ (I defended my title in pointfighting) and also again Grand Champion in pointfighting
August 20-27: Karate and Kickboxing World Championships in Germany (my homecountry)
gluten-free since 07/21/2004
Shermans Dale, PA

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: