18 replies to this topic

#16 wildones

wildones

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 14 April 2004 - 04:57 PM

Sorry about all the stress you are dealing with :( , I know what it is it is like. I can very highly recommend Dr Stathos to you. His number is 303-869-2121, he is listed on this site (look on the home page for doctor finding info) as a peds GI dr recommended by those w/ celiac disease. I won't go into details here, but we have seen the you are seeing (because he was once part of the practice we were going to), and I know you will like Dr Stathos SO MUCH MORE, he is a really knowledgeable and easy to talk to. He has all the info on Prometheus labs too. Tell him the Wilds sent you, we have referred a lot of people there and everyone has been very happy with the care they have received.
I can't emphasize enough how important it is to see right dr and have the right tests done.
There is a local support group, that meets once every 2 months in the Denver metro area. I have only been to one meeting so far. I will look for the newsletter I got and post info on the group when I do.

BTW don't appologize, of course you are spent !!! who wouldn't be ?

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 kyss

kyss

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 14 April 2004 - 06:41 PM

Wildones,

Thank you so much for the info...I will call your doctor's office tomorrow and see what they have to say. I will also call my current GI doc and request the use of the Prometheus labs, and if he refuses to use that lab then I will just cancel the biopsy and get a second opinion from your doc. I may also take my oldest to your doc anyway because I asked for the genetic test to be done on my oldest while they were drawing her blood so she wouldn't have to go thru it again..and he said the test was too expensive and inconclusive. I think I need to ask more questions about the tests....I am so glad I found this forum...I have learned more in the past week....Thanks to all who have helped me. And thanks to the Wilds for setting me on the right course.....I feel better just knowing I can come here and ask questions and not be told I am crazy.....

Kelly :)

#18 wildones

wildones

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 15 April 2004 - 10:20 AM

kyss
I sent you a private message.
Lorraine

#19 kyss

kyss

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 22 April 2004 - 12:06 PM

FYI:

My youngest had her biopsy today and it went well, blood was also drawn for tests on levels...Meanwhile I am sick......figures. Anyway, soon I will have my biopsy and then we can all (including my oldest and my husband -- who don't have celiac disease) be gluten-free..The light at the end of the tunnel is getting brighter....Thanks to everyone in this forum, I feel more and more confident about the healing process..

Thanks again!
Kelly

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: