This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Questions about my test result and tTG Iga Antibody

Rose12

Rose12 Newbie

Hello :) 

My result made me curious. I am a little bit confused, 

I received my tTG Iga result and I'm currently waiting for the results of the other blood tests (tTG Igg, DGP Iga and Igg) I have given.

It was negative, my result was 12.75 ( Ref. Range: Negative: <20.00, Weak Positive: 20.00 to 30.00, Positive:  >30.00) and the doctor told me don't go for further testing because it is negative, but I went for it and gave the other tests. 

This was after introducing gluten to my diet for 3 months after being gluten free for about 2 years. Is it enough amount of time for the accuracy of the blood tests ? Should I have waited a little bit longer? I am really worried, and can an Iga deficient person have a result of 12.75, I asked the doctor and he just said it is negative, no need for more tests, so now I am on my own and really confused. :(

And my other question is : Does every person have this antibody , even if they do not have celiac ? I don't know if I am wrong, but from what I have understood so far everyone has it but only those with celiac experience an auto immune response because of it. 

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

cyclinglady Grand Master
4 hours ago, Rose12 said:

Hello :) 

My result made me curious. I am a little bit confused, 

I received my tTG Iga result and I'm currently waiting for the results of the other blood tests (tTG Igg, DGP Iga and Igg) I have given.

It was negative, my result was 12.75 ( Ref. Range: Negative: <20.00, Weak Positive: 20.00 to 30.00, Positive:  >30.00) and the doctor told me don't go for further testing because it is negative, but I went for it and gave the other tests. 

This was after introducing gluten to my diet for 3 months after being gluten free for about 2 years. Is it enough amount of time for the accuracy of the blood tests ? Should I have waited a little bit longer? I am really worried, and can an Iga deficient person have a result of 12.75, I asked the doctor and he just said it is negative, no need for more tests, so now I am on my own and really confused. :(

And my other question is : Does every person have this antibody , even if they do not have celiac ? I don't know if I am wrong, but from what I have understood so far everyone has it but only those with celiac experience an auto immune response because of it. 

Welcome!

If you are IGA deficient, then the celiac IGA tests (TTG and DGP) will be considered invalid (no good/false).  You will have to wait for the IGG test results.  I am glad that you asked for them!  

Three months of eating gluten daily should give you a good test result.  

My advice to to get another doctor who understands celiac disease.  Let us know your other test results.  

frieze Community Regular

are they processing the other tests or did your doc stop them?

Rose12 Newbie
21 hours ago, cyclinglady said:

Welcome!

If you are IGA deficient, then the celiac IGA tests (TTG and DGP) will be considered invalid (no good/false).  You will have to wait for the IGG test results.  I am glad that you asked for them!  

Three months of eating gluten daily should give you a good test result.  

My advice to to get another doctor who understands celiac disease.  Let us know your other test results.  

Thanks for the reply! :) 

Rose12 Newbie
15 hours ago, frieze said:

are they processing the other tests or did your doc stop them?

They are processing, I will get the results in 2 weeks.

Archived