22 replies to this topic

#1 DLayman

DLayman

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 08 April 2004 - 10:41 AM

I was looking over the contents of a new book on celiac disease and what should I see? Yup Welda wrote a chapter!!!! Go Welda Go Welda!!! This book looks like a keeper!

Check it out! http://www.apersonal...n.com/index.asp
Denise

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 kejohe

kejohe

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 09 April 2004 - 09:36 AM

There are several of us on this board who have contributed stories to that book, including Jessica, Shirley, Stacie, and myself. I can't wait for it to hit the shelves, my whole family is waiting to read it, both for the stories and for the educational information. I think it will be fantastic!

Hope you all enjoy it!
Kathleen
Son has been gluten-free since December 2001

#3 angel_jd1

angel_jd1

Gluten Free Goddess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,053 posts

Posted 09 April 2004 - 12:51 PM

Kathleen-
I emailed Peter this morning, he said my copy of the book was shipped out this morning!! I can't wait to read it.

I didn't realize I had submitted so much! ha I was looking through the table of contents of the book online and I have 4 articles and 1 recipe!! haha I guess I must have been feeling wordy that day!! :D

I can't wait to get my book...it looks like he is trying to do a second edition of it. So anyone who wishes to participate I am sure that they can.....the website is here: A Personal Touch On Celiac Disease

-Jessica :rolleyes:
Jessica
Gluten Free since 12-31-2002!!
Kansas

#4 DLayman

DLayman

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 11 April 2004 - 04:09 PM

Wow~~ we are a chatty group!! Sorry all Welda's name popped out at me!!! Congrats to you all It looks like a great book!
Denise

#5 Guest_aramgard_*

Guest_aramgard_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 April 2004 - 01:25 PM

Hey Guys, Melonie Katz is in there too. She's on the Silly Yak web site and is a better writer than I am, much better. I hope people who need the book, read the book. I think anyone with this disease really has a story to tell. Too bad, it's taking so long to get the message across. But, better late than never for those poor people who still don't have the message. Shirley

#6 kejohe

kejohe

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 13 April 2004 - 01:26 PM

Yeah, I was pretty chatty too, my story was about three times longer than Peter originally recommended, plus I put my cinnamon cookie recipe in there. But he said it was exactly what they were looking for, so I hope everyone else enjoys it too.
Kathleen

#7 Alison

Alison

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 18 April 2004 - 08:27 AM

Hi everyone, haven't posted in a while, but I'm in the book too! (just tooting my own horn! :P ) I have been reading the book non-stop since I got it and am so amazed by everyone's stories. I am tempted to get a copy for each of my doctors and send it to them -- especially the gastroentreologist from my story! Congrats to everyone for sharing their stories with a positive outlook on life.
Alison
- Diagnosed celiac 2002
- Husband is gluten sensitive
- Daughters are gluten-free and one daughter has severe food allergies

#8 shanmac

shanmac

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 18 April 2004 - 05:04 PM

i'm in the book too (i wrote "cold days and clear skies"...it's pretty corny, hehe)...i just got my copy. it's awesome! it feels so good to read stories of all the other celiacs that seem to be somewhere out there.

#9 Guest_jhmom_*

Guest_jhmom_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 April 2004 - 09:08 AM

I think everyone did a WONDERFUL job on the book! I am reading everyone's story one by one!! I too have a story in there and in the process of preparing another story for the second one, a story about my daughter and how she was dx. I hope our stories will help someone out there and that is what is most important.

Kathleen, I read your story you did a wonderful job and Jessica you were chaty, but you did a GREAT job!

Alison and shanmac I look forward to reading your story too, as well as ALL of them!

#10 faithladene

faithladene

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 19 April 2004 - 06:27 PM

Will this book be available in bookstores?

Faith

#11 Guest_aramgard_*

Guest_aramgard_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 April 2004 - 07:25 AM

I don't know about book stores, but try www.apersonaltouchon.com for a website. Shirley

#12 travelthomas

travelthomas

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 20 April 2004 - 09:01 AM

Way to go! Thatís fantastic that your stories got into print.

Peter also kept bugging me for a submission. I opted out because of the contract. I sure am glad you all are not contract shy. ;)

#13 kejohe

kejohe

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 20 April 2004 - 09:55 AM

I still haven't recieved mine yet.. :( I wonder what's taking it so long. I admit living in AK slows down shipping, but I still (usually) get packages in a few days. Oh well. guess I'll wait a little longer.
Kathleen

#14 Guest_jhmom_*

Guest_jhmom_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 April 2004 - 01:53 PM

Kathleen, I just got mine the other day, I am sure yours is on the way! :D

#15 kejohe

kejohe

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 22 April 2004 - 09:23 PM

I finally got my copy today! Now I have to find a way to get it away from my husband so I can read it!
Kathleen

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: