#16 wclemens

wclemens

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 10 September 2004 - 11:51 PM

Hi everyone,
I've been off the board for the past few months, going through a divorce and all the changes that such a drastic decision involve. Wow! I am so happy to be a part of this group, and I feel blessed to be in such great company! Thanks to you all for being there. Welda

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 Guest_jhmom_*

Guest_jhmom_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 September 2004 - 08:12 AM

Hi Welda I was wondering where you had been. Sorry for the problems you have had but glad you are back on the board!

Take care

#18 gf4life

gf4life

Our family "photo" as drawn by my daughter Hannah

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,634 posts

Posted 11 September 2004 - 03:25 PM

I was wondering how you were doing also! And how is your grandson?

Sorry about the trouble you've had, but we sure are glad your back!

God bless,
Mariann
~West Coast-Central California~

Mariann, gluten intolerant and mother of 3 gluten intolerant children

#19 wclemens

wclemens

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 17 October 2004 - 03:37 PM

Hi,
Here it is the middle of October already, and I just now got to see your messages! They mean so much to me--thank you. At the same time I was going through the divorce, my grandson's mom decided that he should enter daycare (he was almost one year) and abruptly put him in five days a week. That was traumatic to say the least, but then later she decided that our baby probably didn't really have Celiac, so she started him on all the foods I had spent a year avoiding. Her doctor at Kaiser did a blood test and said it was negative, so at 18 months our baby is still eating all those forbidden foods. I captured a stool sample of his two weeks ago and sent it off to Enterolab, where the original diagnosis had come from, so I am waiting now for the results. Because I had to start working 2 jobs I have had little time to babysit or even visit family, but next Thursday I get to keep my grandson all day! It is a miracle.
I have faith that everything works out for the best, so I am looking forward to my life being even better than before. I had retired after 25 years as an elementary school teacher, and 3 weeks ago I took the Law School Admissions Test in anticipation of applying to Law School. I am hoping to go on a scholarship, as I did when I earned my Master's degree in Education. I almost cry when I think of getting to attend law classes. I love to learn, and have always loved school.
Throughout all these changes my health has stayed excellent, and I am sticking to my rigid diet (meat, fruits, vegetables, nuts & seeds) strictly. I hope that you all are also feeling great! Welda

#20 Guest_jhmom_*

Guest_jhmom_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 October 2004 - 04:10 PM

Welda:

Sorry to hear about your grandson. I know its hard on them to leave a "comfort zone" then to be thrown back into eating foods that make him feel bad has to be tough too! You two enjoy your gluten-free day together :rolleyes:

CONGRATS on going back to school, that is awesome! You keep it up, sounds like you are doing great. :D

Take care & God Bless

#21 wclemens

wclemens

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 26 October 2004 - 08:19 PM

Hi,
Well, it is October 26th already, and as I sit here tonight reading through the messages, I am gratefully reminded of all the times in the past 3 years when I have turned to this website for inspiration, encouragement, and information. I want to say thank you to each and every one of you for taking the time to offer your support.
I had such a beautiful day with my little grandson (18 months old now) and it was just like old times, laughing, playing, singing, and dancing. Being healthy is such a blessing.
I passed my Law School Admissions Test! Welda

#22 tarnalberry

tarnalberry

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,542 posts

Posted 26 October 2004 - 08:39 PM

Congrats!!!!!!! :-)
Tiffany aka "Have I Mentioned Chocolate Lately?"
Inconclusive Blood Tests, Positive Dietary Results, No Endoscopy
G.F. - September 2003; C.F. - July 2004