#1 Tia099

Tia099

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 April 2004 - 01:45 PM

I have just a general question about Enterolab testing results as follows:
Fecal antigliadin 102 units (normal <10 units).
I'm wondering how severe of a reaction I may be having? I have lupus, Sjordens, and Raynauds syndromes as well as Hashimotos thyroiditis. Lots of autoimmune problems, I'm learning that Celiac is also an autoimmune disease as well.
My family history is complicated by two sisters with MS, my mother has Vitiligo (skin autoimmune problem) and Hashimotos.

My question is how severe is a result of 102 units from Enterolab? Is this an indicator of end stage celiac disease? Hope my question doesn't sound to silly, I really am just concerned. I'm sure if it's positive then gluten free diet is the only remedy. I realise even with low positive results an intolerance is still an intolerance.

Yours truly!

Tia

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Tia099

Tia099

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 April 2004 - 07:59 AM

I'm sure my question regarding test results would probably be better to instead email Dr. Fine at Enerolab. I'll do that and maybe post if there's informative news about levels that are high.

Thanks,

Tia

#3 plantime

plantime

My two handsome grandsons

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,692 posts

Posted 12 April 2004 - 09:16 AM

End stage of celiac? Hmm. If normal is less than 10, and your reading is 102, then I think you need to be gluten free.
Dessa

The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make His face shine upon you and be gracious to you." Numbers 6:24-25

#4 Tia099

Tia099

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 April 2004 - 12:12 PM

My choice of wording with "end stage" celiac wasn't quite what I meant. Progressive celiac disease is probably a better choice of wording, meaning lots of problems stemming from eating gluten. I have been gluten free since I recieved results from enterolab.

Tia

#5 plantime

plantime

My two handsome grandsons

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,692 posts

Posted 12 April 2004 - 07:41 PM

I just never thought of it as end stage. I do suppose that it is, when you reach the constant diarhea and weight los and malabsorbtion, since the damage is severe!
Dessa

The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make His face shine upon you and be gracious to you." Numbers 6:24-25

#6 Susan123

Susan123

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 13 April 2004 - 08:17 AM

I had a 104 and no damage/symptoms or other illnesses so unfortunately not everybody falls into the classic form. I think you are best in emailing Dr. Fine for clarification.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: