This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Where Your Contribution Counts!
    eNewsletter
    Support Us!

Newbie Here...

busybee2jk

busybee2jk Newbie

Hello All,

I was have been gluten free for almost a year now and love it. I feel so greatfull for finding out what was wrong with me. I have many health problems and always have but now I am feeling better and I will not go to a regular Dr. again. I found a really good friend (now) that did nature path and I was really interested after spending so many years going to Dr.s for them to tell me stupid things like I have an inlarged prostate (I am FEMALE!!!!) That is no joke some idiot read my cat scan wrong and told me I had a prostate anyway I am only 33 and have two kids that missed their mother. With my friends help I am getting healthy and would love to share things with you as we all go thru this together. I do enjoy the new found foods and well hate some of them I have been doing this long enough I know what I can and can't eat somedays that is sad and somedays I am so happy to be able to eat I could cry. You see when I was sick I couldn't eat anything and it made me sick. Now I can eat dairy again (not much but I can have my cheese once a week) and I have had a chance to try new exciting foods that I have never even heard of. I hope to get to know you all better thru this fun trip we all are on. I know there are bumps and what seem like giant hills in some of your paths but I tell you when you feel better you won't even miss it anymore for the most part anyway (I would love a big SubWay sandwich but I remember the pain it caused me so I don't want it very often) Have a wonderful day!!!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

traveljunkie Rookie

Hi busybee,

Welcome to the site and I'm new to the forum as well. I can understand your frusteration with doctors. I think we've all been there with doctors you just want to scream at. Glad you have found your way to health. I miss eating Subway but remember all the digestive and itchy skin problems...couldn't pay me to eat one now. Not being able to keep anything from running right through me after being glutoned...it was horrible. But like you I'm beginning to heal and so glad I've found this forum to vent, share stories and laugh!!

tiffjake Enthusiast
Hello All,

I was have been gluten free for almost a year now and love it. I feel so greatfull for finding out what was wrong with me. I have many health problems and always have but now I am feeling better and I will not go to a regular Dr. again. I found a really good friend (now) that did nature path and I was really interested after spending so many years going to Dr.s for them to tell me stupid things like I have an inlarged prostate (I am FEMALE!!!!) That is no joke some idiot read my cat scan wrong and told me I had a prostate anyway I am only 33 and have two kids that missed their mother. With my friends help I am getting healthy and would love to share things with you as we all go thru this together. I do enjoy the new found foods and well hate some of them I have been doing this long enough I know what I can and can't eat somedays that is sad and somedays I am so happy to be able to eat I could cry. You see when I was sick I couldn't eat anything and it made me sick. Now I can eat dairy again (not much but I can have my cheese once a week) and I have had a chance to try new exciting foods that I have never even heard of. I hope to get to know you all better thru this fun trip we all are on. I know there are bumps and what seem like giant hills in some of your paths but I tell you when you feel better you won't even miss it anymore for the most part anyway (I would love a big SubWay sandwich but I remember the pain it caused me so I don't want it very often) Have a wonderful day!!!

Hello! I am new to! I have been gluten-free for 3 weeks. I can tell a huge difference. I am amazed! I have had some really stupid doctors too, but mostly people who just wanted to give me another Rx and send me on my way. I am so impressed that you have been gluten-free for a year! I am worried that I won't make it that long with out cheating, but I just try to think about how bad I feel when I do eat stuff with gluten in it. I didn't think that the Malt Flavoring in Rice Krispies Treats was enough to make me sick but I was wrong!!!! So I am using that as a reminder! Congrats again, and welcome!

nettiebeads Apprentice
Hello! I am new to! I have been gluten-free for 3 weeks. I can tell a huge difference. I am amazed! I have had some really stupid doctors too, but mostly people who just wanted to give me another Rx and send me on my way. I am so impressed that you have been gluten-free for a year! I am worried that I won't make it that long with out cheating, but I just try to think about how bad I feel when I do eat stuff with gluten in it. I didn't think that the Malt Flavoring in Rice Krispies Treats was enough to make me sick but I was wrong!!!! So I am using that as a reminder! Congrats again, and welcome!

Hi to all three of you! and a big welcome. I've done this for 9 yrs and yes, negative association does work when it comes to gluten containing foods- I see things (like Aunt Esthers apple dumplings at TDay yesterday) but gluten = pain, D, depression to the max, unexplained uncontrollable anger, and overwhelming fatigue. Thanks, I'll do w/o. But I didn't do the gluten-free diet right until I came to this forum 3 months ago. I kept eating cereal with malt flavoring and drinking malt based beverages (you know - Smirnoffs and Bicardi coolers) until I realized what I was doing to my body and cut those items out too. Well, much more energy and a whole lot less brain fog for starters. I didn't realize that I was developing neropathy in my legs and face until I read some of the posts. Some mornings I'd get up and feel like I was walking on stumps. Since cleaning up my diet, has lessened quite a bit; don't know if that part of the damage will ever completely heal, but boy what an incentive to be 100%, totally and fanatically gluten-free!!!

Here's to everyone living a healthier life!

Annette

kevsmom Contributor
Hello All,

kevsmom Contributor

Hi BusyBee,

I'm fairly new too. I was diagnosed in April, and through this forum I find myself learning new things every day. Everyone is so helpful! If you have specific questions, they usually know the answers or are happy to get them for you.

I have suffered from different bouts of diarrhea in past years, that have lasted for about 3 months each. I had 2 colonoscopys that were negative. The symptoms dissapeared each time, so no one was worried.

My brother has had Celiac for years and my father had an iliostomy due to ulcerative colitis many decades ago (I don't think they tested for Celiac then). Finally, A light came on in the Gastroenterologists head (Duh????) - (so I do know how you feel about doctors) he tested me for Celiac. I guess I should have asked for the the test (but in the back of my mind, I really didn't want to know).

I have been putting off having my son tested - also because I'm afraid to know, but with the odorous gas that he gives off, it scares me. I do have him scheduled for a doctor's appointment next month. If It is positive, it is going to be hard to teach a 17 year old who is about to graduate from high school (and thinks he knows everything) what he has to do and get him to stick to it.

Have you scheduled your prostate exam for this year? :P:P

It is nice to know that we are all in this together. I feel that I have gotten more help here than from my own "real" family. Welcome, and I look forward to hearing from you soon! :)

Cindy

beelzebubble Contributor

welcome :)

i'm glad you found this site. i think you will find that your frustrations will be echoed here. you aren't alone. and that is a wonderful thing. i hope you continue to feel better.

bubble

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

bknutson Apprentice

Annette,

What is neuropathy in your legs?

Barb

judyk Newbie
Hi BusyBee,

I'm fairly new too. I was diagnosed in April, and through this forum I find myself learning new things every day. Everyone is so helpful! If you have specific questions, they usually know the answers or are happy to get them for you.

I have suffered from different bouts of diarrhea in past years, that have lasted for about 3 months each. I had 2 colonoscopys that were negative. The symptoms dissapeared each time, so no one was worried.

My brother has had Celiac for years and my father had an iliostomy due to ulcerative colitis many decades ago (I don't think they tested for Celiac then). Finally, A light came on in the Gastroenterologists head (Duh????) - (so I do know how you feel about doctors) he tested me for Celiac. I guess I should have asked for the the test (but in the back of my mind, I really didn't want to know).

I have been putting off having my son tested - also because I'm afraid to know, but with the odorous gas that he gives off, it scares me. I do have him scheduled for a doctor's appointment next month. If It is positive, it is going to be hard to teach a 17 year old who is about to graduate from high school (and thinks he knows everything) what he has to do and get him to stick to it.

Have you scheduled your prostate exam for this year? :P:P

It is nice to know that we are all in this together. I feel that I have gotten more help here than from my own "real" family. Welcome, and I look forward to hearing from you soon! :)

Cindy

Archived