Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Www.bulkfoods.com Gf?

5 posts in this topic

Anybody ordered flours, starches, etc. from www.bulkfoods.com? They have some pretty good prices and they ship in 48 states for @$5.00 an order no matter the weight. Being one that really bakes gluten-free, I would love to use this site, but was curious about cross-contamination.

Could be a good resource, but unsure about the gluten-free issue. I just sent the company an email, but I thought I would ask you guys as well.

Ads by Google:

Did you hear back from the company? I'd be interested in that website as well.

Thanks!

Not a word. But, I may order one thing and give it a try. I'll post if I do.

Have you tried buying rice and tapioca flours at an Asian market? I haven't, but my Diet mentor provided by my local Celiac Sprue charter swears by hers. She pays about $0.89/pound. That beats the $3.00 plus per bag I paid for at Whole Foods!

I bake for my 11 yo grandson and have used Asian rice flour and tapioca & potato starch for years without any problem. It saves a great deal of money. All the products are in individual packages (usually 1 lb), which I think is safer than bulk items, which can often be found in health food stores. Have not had a problem with the Asian products. Hope this helps you.

How do I find an asian market? What do I look under in the phone book?