5 replies to this topic

#1 lakesidechris

lakesidechris

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 November 2005 - 06:17 AM

My name is Chris. I'm 29 and live in southern Maine. I am interested in meeting other people with celiac disease in the area. Hope to hear from you!

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 marypelly

marypelly

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 March 2006 - 11:51 AM

My name is Chris. I'm 29 and live in southern Maine. I am interested in meeting other people with celiac disease in the area. Hope to hear from you!

Hi Chris...I am from Brewer Maine and am 38. I was diagnosed last week with Celiacs disease.
I do not know anyone from Maine with this disease. I am still in shock...as I love to eat!
If you have any tips for me that would be great:)

Mary

#3 kimbo818

kimbo818

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 31 March 2006 - 10:40 AM

Hi Chris. Although I do not meet your request of meeting celiacs in Maine, I'm hoping you can offer me some advice. I live in Ohio, am planning to be married in Camden Maine in July. I was hoping to find a gluten free bakery in the Camden area. I did an internet search, but haven't had any luck. I would appreciate any suggestions you may have. Thanks so much!!

#4 Guest_BERNESES_*

Guest_BERNESES_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 March 2006 - 11:42 AM

Chris- I live in Portsmouth, NH- where in Southern maine are you?

Kimbo- I don't know of a gluten-free bakery in Camden, but my gosh what a wonderful place to get married! It will be so gorgeous. The woman who did my wedding cake is from Wells, ME. She did a wonderful job and I would bet that she could do gluten-free. Her name is Traci Anello and her email is tanello@maine.rr.com
Even if she can't do gluten-free, I'll bet that she would know someone who could. Tell her Beverly Brennan recommended you and that she did my October 2004 wedding at Saunders. :D

#5 kimbo818

kimbo818

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 31 March 2006 - 12:26 PM

Chris, thanks for the info. That's a great start. I've never been to Maine, and soooo looking forward to it. We are getting married on a sailboat....very cool!! Thanks again for the reply.

:D

#6 Guest_BERNESES_*

Guest_BERNESES_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 March 2006 - 01:29 PM

oh my gosh- Kimbo you are so lucky! I love Camden and Penobscot Bay.

glad i could be of help. Traci (I just found this out) makes George Bush Sr's birthday cake every year (they have aa house in Kennebunkport). Ironically, Secret service won't allow him to eat it so they auction it off for charity. :blink: She's catered for movie sets before too. Knew her caake was good, but no idea she was so illustrious. She's super nice too!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: