Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Am I Crazy?

13 posts in this topic

Hi all,

My husband thinks that I was hearing things (he wasn't in the room during the show though)....I thought I heard on Medium (NBC monday night show) tonight about her waiting at a pizza shop for them to make a gluten free crust.....Did anyone else watch this and hear this? I could be mistaken, but kudos for NBC if I am not....although gluten-free is not the same as celiac disease, its still getting some info out there.

Ads by Google:

Didn't watch but that would be AWESOME!!!! :)

That's one of the shows that I Tivo, and I had to go run and watch it after reading your post!

They did indeed mention gluten-free pizza. One of the daughters' friends was "allergic to gluten" and they were having a sleep over.

oh, I love that show. I never miss the show, but I missed that line. :huh:

that rocks! good ears :)

Wow--little by little........

I taped it, and am watching it now, sure enough thats what Allison said! :D

I thought I heard it too! I was multi-tasking (working on a paper) so I wasn't sure about it. Thanks for confirming that I'm not crazy!

- Lauren

Hi all,

My husband thinks that I was hearing things (he wasn't in the room during the show though)....I thought I heard on Medium (NBC monday night show) tonight about her waiting at a pizza shop for them to make a gluten free crust.....Did anyone else watch this and hear this? I could be mistaken, but kudos for NBC if I am not....although gluten-free is not the same as celiac disease, its still getting some info out there.

I heard it too and I kept waiting for them to say something about celiac disease, but they didnt!!!! Just about Gluten.....Anyway, its a start in getting the words "gluten-free" out there so that people don't look at you crazy when you ask for something!!!!! Way to go Medium!!!!

I always watch that show, and yes ... I heard it too! It's wonderful words like "gluten free" are showing up on these shows! :P And now everyone knows there is such a thing as gluten free pizza.

I am thoroughly impressed!!! Yay for the word slowly getting out there!

I was just coming on to post about that, too. I watched it last night. Thought it was really cool.

First, Allison (the mom) says that one of her daughter's new friends is "alergic to gluten", and later when she goes to get pizza she said something like "find one gluten free pizza crust, PLEASE!"

It was really cool. I looked at my spouse, who said "I wonder what pizza place they wen to that has gluten free pizza crust?" I said "Maybe she went to Deby's". Doubtful from Arizona, though. :D

It was really cool, though.

Edited by Deby