This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Confused About Test Results

danikali

danikali Enthusiast

Hi everyone! I need your expert advise on some stuff: :(

I got a colonoscopy yesterday.........and EBR (? is that what it's called, when they go down your throat?) and biopsys on both ends that I didn't even know about. (Of course, I was on a gluten free diet for about a week, so because the doc. didn't tell me, these biopsies are probably useless now!) Anyway, I GOT SO SICK ON SUNDAY FOR THE PREPERATION!!! Not only did I get the worst "D" (which I was expecting of course due to the amount of laxitives), but everything else came back! And it's not gone yet! I got the back aches, knee aches, stomach pains, and weird headache! Is there gluten in that Phospo-soda medicane, or ducolax??? I also had everything with apple juice; could there be gluten in apple juice? All I know is that I am starting to get a little better, but I was so much better off before Sunday! Also, the doc. told me that she saw gastritis in the colonoscopy but nothing else (I know she wouldn't find anything else!) and we have to wait on the results from the biopsies. (which, like I said, are probably usless). But I have a question.......why do the doctors always find gastritis in my stomach? Can that be caused from the gluten? It seems like they are always telling me that! Also, the doctor is completely delaying giving me my blood results even though she's had them for over a week now! And she won't call me back, and the receptionist said the doc. is the only one who could give me those results! And the last time I saw the GI, she said that we would only do the biopsies if the tests came back positive, and we DID the biopsies, so I want to know what is positive and howpositive! It is making me even more anxious! ;)

Also, I got the enterolab results back, here they are:

Gluten Sensitivity Testing

Fecal Antigliadin IgA 16 Units (Normal Range <10 Units)

Fecal Antitissue Transglutaminase IgA 8 Units (Normal Range <10 Units)

Microscopic Fecal Fat Score: 103 Units (Normal Range < 300 Units)

I was kind of disappointed because I thought I would get more from that! Only one of those tests even came back positive and not even VERY positive, for that matter!

So, does anyone have any ideas on this? And also, I know that my doctor said that if my blood tests showed some kind of positive, than we would do the biopsy, and we did do the biopsy.........and of course, I don't have an answer on any of the blood tests............but would a doctor perform a biopsy even if the blood results came back negative? I want to know everything NOW! I have no patience anymore and I'm sick of being sick! :blink:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

mightymorg Rookie

It's great that you got all that testing out of the way! I don't know what to tell you about your results, but I know--for me, personally--that 1 positive would be enough of an answer! :)

I had a colonoscopy a couple of weeks ago, and my doc did the exact opposite thing your's did! He told me he'd take biopsies, then I later found out he didn't. He said he'd do a lot of stuff, which he didn't. Oh well, I'm done with him anyway! :D

I also had to drink the Phospho-soda. How was it with the juice? I mixed mine with gatorade, and all I could taste was the nasty salty taste. I couldn't even finish it; I kept gagging on it. Though, yep that stuff "works" pretty well...the only good thing I got out of the procedure was not being bloated or C the next day and able to see my waist again! B)

Archived