This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

So many symptoms, I'm convinced I have Celiac!!!

DanielleLatrice

DanielleLatrice Newbie

*edited

Hi Everyone, 

I am so happy to have found this page. I recently googled, lol forgive me, constant stomach pain after eating. The first article I read was about 8 things that can cause your stomach to be hurting. Celiac was on the list and I immediately started doing more research! 

My symptoms (most started about three years ago) :

*Fullness after eating - I have not been able to eat a full meal in the longest time  my stomach hurts very bad after eating just a few bites. Over time the pressure has gotten worse and almost unbearable at times  

*Food seems stuck in my throat 

* GAS!!! Omg I've never had gas so much in my life  it started a few months ago. Burping and flatulenting  

*Loss of appetite - most times I don't even want to eat  and after I attempt to eat and get bloated, there's no way I can finish.

*Joint Pain & Numbess and Tingling in Hands,feet, legs and arms. - I actually went to a neurologist two - three years ago and was trashed and treated for Neuropathy although the nerve test came back inconclusive. 

*Nausea - I have so much post bask drip that I typically usually feel a bit queezy. Vomiting occasionally after coughing, it is always clear thick sinus drainage. 

*Allergy symptoms- nasal congestion and running nose (one minute I'm stuff the next I'm runny) Dry itchy eyes, constant post nasal drip (for at least 3 years)

More recently, I've had burning in my stomach, severe pain,cramps and D!! Bad!! These symptoms come while I'm eating and last for days and weeks!! 

After reading that article, I immediately attempted to to cut Gluten out of my diet! I went two days drinking fruit smoothies and eating fruit. Once my stomach was settled,my vowels immediately hardened and I felt like a BRAND NEW PERSON!! 

From that Sunday - Thursday I felt great. I did have gas still, random rumbling during and after I ate. But no pain or D. Well I ate on Thursday, from work, and I my stomach didn't feel to well. There was a little discomfort but definetly gas. I immediately felt like I had been glutened. But what I ordered was sautéed veggies and Parmesan cheese. Earlier that day I ate peach halves, that were amazing, but I noticed on the package that it did say it was made in a facility with wheat,etc. I immediately became discouraged bc I was following my diet so strictly that there's no way I should've been feeling like that. Even though my symptoms aren't nearly as severe as they normally are. I then just gave up on the diet and ate pizza for dinner. ? I got really full an bloated up immediately. Still no pain or D. Ove the next few days, I ate breadsticks, gold fish and a few tortilla chips. 

Now three days after I think I initially got glutened, I have a headache, itchy itchy skin, gas and slight pain. My bowels are even softening up, sorry :(! 

Do I have celiac or what? I haven't had time to go to the doctor Bc of work and I moved for college so my PCP would have to be changed and everything (which I'm working on). I want to be prepared when I go.

I also read that you need to continue eating gluten until you go to the doctor, but it's so hard. I don't like feeling like this. What is the most comfortable way to go about all of this? Please help. 

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

kareng Grand Master
1 hour ago, DanielleLatrice said:

Hi Everyone, 

I am so happy to have found this page. I recently googled, lol forgive me, constant stomach pain after eating. The first article I read was about 8 things that can cause your stomach to be hurting. Celiac was on the list and I immediately started doing more research! 

My symptoms (most started about three years ago) :

*Fullness after eating - I have not been able to eat a full meal in the longest time  my stomach hurts very bad after eating just a few bites. Over time the pressure has gotten worse and almost unbearable at times  

*Food seems stuck in my throat 

* GAS!!! Omg I've never had gas so much in my life  it started a few months ago. Burping and flatulenting  

*Loss of appetite - most times I don't even want to eat  and after I attempt to eat and get bloated, there's no way I can finish.

*Joint Pain & Numbess and Tingling in Hands,feet, legs and arms. - I actually went to a neurologist two - three years ago and was trashed and treated for Neuropathy although the nerve test came back inconclusive. 

*Nausea - I have so much post bask drip that I typically usually feel a bit queezy. Vomiting occasionally after coughing, it is always clear thick sinus drainage. 

*Allergy symptoms- nasal congestion and running nose (one minute I'm stuff the next I'm runny) Dry itchy eyes, constant post nasal drip (for at least 3 years)

More recently, I've had burning in my stomach, severe pain,cramps and D!! Bad!! These symptoms come while I'm eating and last for days and weeks!! 

After reading that article, I immediately attempted to to cut Gluten out of my diet! I went two days drinking fruit smoothies and eating fruit. Once my stomach was settled,my vowels immediately hardened and I felt like a BRAND NEW PERSON!! 

From that Sunday - Thursday I felt great. I did have gas still, random rumbling during and after I ate. But no pain or D. Well I ate on Thursday, from work, and I my stomach didn't feel to well. There was a little discomfort but definetly gas. I immediately felt like I had been glutened. But what I ordered was sautéed veggies and Parmesan cheese. Earlier that day I ate peach halves, that were amazing, but I noticed on the package that it did say it was made in a facility with wheat,etc. I immediately became discouraged bc I was following my diet so strictly that there's no way I should've been feeling like that. Even though my symptoms aren't nearly as severe as they normally are. I then just gave up on the diet and ate pizza for dinner. ? I got really full an bloated up immediately. Still no pain or D. Ove the next few days, I ate breadsticks, gold fish and a few tortilla chips. 

Now three days after I think I initially got glutened, I have a headache, itchy itchy skin, gas and slight pain. My bowels are even softening up, sorry :(! 

Do I have celiac or what? I haven't had time to go to the doctor Bc of work and I moved for college so my PCP would have to be changed and everything (which I'm working on). I want to be prepared when I go.

I also read that you need to continue the diet until you go to the doctor, but it's so hard. I don't like feeling like this. What is the most comfortable way to go about all of this? Please help. 

. This last part that I bolded is not quite right.  You must keep eating gluten until you get tested for Celiac.  The fact that you find the gluten-free diet hard is a very good reason for a firm diagnosis

DanielleLatrice Newbie

Oh, no!! I meant that you must continue eating gluten on a regular basis!! Lol, thanks!! And I actually felt ALOT of relief eating gluten free. I was able to eat a full meal for the first time in a while. But I don't know if I'm mentally helping the situation bc  I think it is Celiac. 

cyclinglady Grand Master
2 hours ago, DanielleLatrice said:

Oh, no!! I meant that you must continue eating gluten on a regular basis!! Lol, thanks!! And I actually felt ALOT of relief eating gluten free. I was able to eat a full meal for the first time in a while. But I don't know if I'm mentally helping the situation bc  I think it is Celiac. 

There are over 300 symptoms attributed to celiac disease.  The only way to tell is to get tested:

Open Original Shared Link

i hope you figure it out!  ?

• 1 month later...
DanielleLatrice Newbie

I finally got my reaults back a few weeks ago and I tested positive for Celiac. 

Archived