No replies to this topic

#1 nthei

nthei

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 12 April 2004 - 08:51 AM

I must give a high five to the Giant Eagle grocery store chain. I'm not sure if they are national, I think they are a north east coast chain. But they now have a section of the store that is dedicated to natural/organic/healthy foods, which include gluten free products! The store next to me carries Food For Life, Ener-G, Amy's and Van's and a couple other products. Of course I still read lables. I was very very happy to look at their sales ad today, it has a sign by somes products indicating "glulten-free". Unfortunately, they do need to carry a bit more, but I'm just glad a grocery chain is recognizing the need for gluten free. Just need to do a bit more. I'm from Ohio. So if you live in Ohio, and you haven't yet, check 'em out. Also for any Ohioans, there is a wonderful gluten-free only bakery in Alliance OH, not badly priced either, who serves great soup and sandwich lunches. I haven't been there myself, my friend brought me some gluten-free muffins made from that bakery and they were quit yummy!!!! They told me about this and the lunch stuff (they are of course a celiac) I guess the local CSA meets there for meetings and brought me a price list. I think you can place orders, will check that fact out further and let you all know in case there is someone who would like to order. The name of this wonderful bakery . . . Kathy's Creations, Alliance, OH.

Rock on all you great Celiacs!
Have a great day!

Christine

Celiac.com Sponsor:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: