This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Update on health status

cstark

cstark Enthusiast

So, now they have found a metal toxicity in my body along with needing to be gluten free.  For the toxicity, I am now taking supplements after and between meals.  This a good thing because it prompts me to actually eat 3 meals a day and in a timely manner and not just a grab on the go item whenever.  The down side is remembering to take the silly things.  I can honestly say how much a pain it is to remember to take the supplements sometimes.  Been on this regimen for about a week now, and I am starting to feel better and all my systems are getting thoroughly cleaned out.  The real test will be in about 3 weeks or so, as it is about this time I become more vulnerable to the neurological symptoms. 

I actually did some research on metal toxicity and found something incredible.  The symptoms I had been having all fall under this problem.  This could also have been yet another contributing factor of why I needed to go gluten free. Just a thought.  One thing I did consistently find is that once the toxicity is taken care of, this would not take away any food allergies or gluten issues. 

I had gone through a different detox program back in February-March, and the neurological symptoms I have been dealing with was magnified x10 it seemed.  Another praise in this regimen is that I have been virtually symptom free since taking these supplements.  A few episodes but very minor.  :) 

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

GFinDC Veteran
On 10/26/2016 at 11:21 AM, cstark said:

So, now they have found a metal toxicity in my body along with needing to be gluten free. 

Ok, curious, who is "they" ?  And how did they determine you have a metal toxicity?  Detox programs are quite the "in" thing in some places.  I don't think there is much to them generally myself.  I know there are some metal toxicity detox treatments that doctors do.  But it seems to me that many people promote detox programs as a quick way to make a buck.  I don't know much about the subject, except from an episode of House I saw once.  In that case they did attempt to detox someone from some metal I don't recall.  They did it in a hospital under close supervision though, not by using something bought off the internet and taken at home.  I admit this is not much to go on, a TV program.  But maybe you have some better information that you can share?

kareng Grand Master

Metal toxicity is actually quite rare.  Unfortunately, we usually hear about lead or mercury poisoning in kids.

"The main treatment of heavy metal poisoning is termination of exposure to the metal. Treatment also consists of the use of various chelating agents that cause the toxic (poison) element to bind with the drug and be excreted in the urine. Three common drugs for treatment of metal poisoning are: BA. (Dimercaprol), Calcium EDTA (Calcium Disodium Versenate) and Penicillamine. Each of these work by binding actions that permit the metals to be eliminated from the body through the urine.

Treatment should also be symptomatic and supportive. In some cases, pumping of the stomach (gastric lavage) will remove some ingested metals. In the case of inhaled poisons, affected individuals should be removed from the contaminated environment and their respiration supported.

Occupational exposure to heavy metals requires prevention through the use of masks and protective clothing.

In cases of swelling of the brain (cerebral edema), treatment with a diuretic called Mannitol, and corticosteroid drugs, along with intracranial monitoring, is required.

Kidney failure may call for hemodialysis and/or other special treatment.

In 1991 the FDA approved the drug succimer (Chemet) for the treatment of children with severe lead poisoning. Chemet is manufactured by Johnson & Johnson Co.

There is no proven effective therapy for the treatment of cadmium poisoning."

Open Original Shared Link

..."Regardless of how one chooses to define the category, heavy metal toxicity is an uncommon diagnosis..."

cstark Enthusiast
15 hours ago, GFinDC said:

Ok, curious, who is "they" ?  And how did they determine you have a metal toxicity?  Detox programs are quite the "in" thing in some places.  I don't think there is much to them generally myself.  I know there are some metal toxicity detox treatments that doctors do.  But it seems to me that many people promote detox programs as a quick way to make a buck.  I don't know much about the subject, except from an episode of House I saw once.  In that case they did attempt to detox someone from some metal I don't recall.  They did it in a hospital under close supervision though, not by using something bought off the internet and taken at home.  I admit this is not much to go on, a TV program.  But maybe you have some better information that you can share?

This detox program I am on is all natural stuff.  The "they" I speak of is an office called "Center for Healing and Wholeness".  The staff at this office take healing through homeopathic remedies and each staff member is certified in their specific fields.  There was even a nurse practitioner who was certified in Healing Touch.  The nurse is who I heard of them through first.  She is the one who helped me tremendously to get on the road to healing my body.  It was her that brought up the saliva analysis at first because I was not improving after each treatment.  The first analysis that was done found a parasite in the saliva analysis, and I was put on a natural detox regimen for the parasite.  The detox program was not  fun for the first 3-5 days when all the little buggers were dying off, but then things started to improve as my body cleaned out the parasite.  The only conclusion the nurse and I could up with is that when the parasite was dying off, it was giving off a neurotoxin that made the symptoms much worse in those first few days. This was back in February.  (I had gone overseas back in 2013.) Both saliva analyses were done by a certified microbiologist.

Fast forward now to early October 2016.  I had reached a plateau as my symptoms would come back with a vengeance every two weeks, even without ingesting gluten.  The brain fog and everything was getting frustrating and exhausting to work through.  This is when I decided to do the second analysis, and the same microbiologist found the metal toxicity and hormone imbalance.  I am halfway through the regimen, and have noticed an improvement.  I am able to concentrate better with hardly any brain fog.  I no longer feel as if I am walking through sludge all the time.  My brain is waking up more and more, meaning I have more energy than the last two years put together.  My emotions are under control better.  It will be interesting to see what this body of mine will do in two weeks as this is when my symptoms rev up. 

When you read this, please do not be judgmental as some will think this borders on Eastern practices.  It's easy to do, but I ask one thing.  Research the symptoms of metal toxicity and see what you find.  The information I was finding showed all my symptoms.  I have no doubt the metal toxicity is just another factor in all that has been going this past year.

I give all the glory to God because He has carried me through a lot this past year.  If you would like to know feel free to ask, but I am trying to stay on topic in this forum.  Hope you have a great day! :) 

GFinDC Veteran

Thanks for explaining cstark.  I hope you are getting something safe and effective from them.  There are no FDA regs on supplements so the ingredients are not restricted like they are for medical drugs.  I saw something a while back where they found illegal drugs in some weightloss supplements.  If the supplement makes people feel better, they are likely to buy more of it.  The reason it makes them feel better is the question.  Some of the weightloss supplements were adulterated with anti-depressants. and even cancer causing drugs.  I am not saying all supplements are bad, but some  are.

I think it's a little strange that every time you go in and have your blood tested the medical people come up with a new and unusual medical condition that they can treat with some kind of stuff.  It sounds like the first detox you did actually made your symptoms worse?  Did you get a refund?

I keep my medicines that I take daily in a pill minder that has a slot for each day of the week.  So it's easy to tell if I took my medicine or not.  I refill it once a week, usually on Sunday.  They are really cheap little plastic doohickies you can get at CVS or another drug store.

It's great that you have faith in God.  He sure has helped me through some stuff too! :)

72 Weight-Loss Supplements Illegally Spiked with Prescription Drugs

Three times in the past six months, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has announced alerts about the illegal and possibly dangerous addition of active prescription drug ingredients to otherwise ineffective weight-loss supplements.

As of early April, the FDA had identified 72 weight loss products that illegally contain at least one active prescription drug. At least one of nine different prescription drugs (see Table 1) had been added to each of these products, including four drugs not approved by the FDA for sale in the U.S., even as prescription drugs.

The FDA has inspected a number of companies associated with the sale of these illegal products and is currently seeking product recalls. Based on the FDA’s inspections and the companies’ inadequate responses to recall requests, the FDA may take additional enforcement steps, such as issuing warning letters or initiating seizures, injunctions or criminal charges. Thus far, the FDA’s response has also been inadequate.

... article continues

There are a lot of articles on drugs in supplements.  One of the TV news shows did an investigation on a supplement maker a while back.  I don't remember the name but it was a pretty shady operation.  I urge you to do some research on the things you are taking to see what they contain.  Trust nobody, verify often! :)

Open Original Shared Link [Open Original Shared Link]
(January 2011)
Learn about all of the diseases for which chelation products are illegally promoted, the products' lack of effectiveness for treating any of these diseases, and some of the products' serious risks.

emma6 Enthusiast

just curious which type of parasite and heavy metal did they say you have?

emma6 Enthusiast

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• 2 weeks later...
GFinDC Veteran

Sorry about the bad link to the FDA article.  Here is a good link to it.

and

cstark Enthusiast
On ‎11‎/‎4‎/‎2016 at 6:46 PM, emma6 said:

single celled organism. The test did not show which heavy metal was in system.   now through almost all of the regimen, and I do feel better.  When I first started on the all natural supplements, it felt like I was walking through sludge.  Now, at the end, things are better I do believe.  I have yet to have an episode, which seemed to come up at times even without the gluten.  I am no longer feeling fatigued throughout the day.  I wake up feeling refreshed in the mornings now.  My brain is more alert and working better than I thought possible.  I feel more healthy than I did even two years ago. 

I feel I need to clarify on the supplements I am taking.  There are all natural.  Just like parasite detox.  With the first detox I went through, by body was getting furiously trying to get rid of all the toxins in my boy.  Which is why my symptoms increased. It's the same concept when we go off of the gluten in our diet.  I am looking at the long term goal right now in getting my body more healthy.

emma6 Enthusiast
On 19/11/2016 at 9:25 AM, cstark said:

single celled organism. The test did not show which heavy metal was in system.   now through almost all of the regimen, and I do feel better.  When I first started on the all natural supplements, it felt like I was walking through sludge.  Now, at the end, things are better I do believe.  I have yet to have an episode, which seemed to come up at times even without the gluten.  I am no longer feeling fatigued throughout the day.  I wake up feeling refreshed in the mornings now.  My brain is more alert and working better than I thought possible.  I feel more healthy than I did even two years ago. 

I feel I need to clarify on the supplements I am taking.  There are all natural.  Just like parasite detox.  With the first detox I went through, by body was getting furiously trying to get rid of all the toxins in my boy.  Which is why my symptoms increased. It's the same concept when we go off of the gluten in our diet.  I am looking at the long term goal right now in getting my body more healthy.

im really glad you are feeling better!

i am however also skeptical of heavy metal toxicity, i saw a natural health practitioner about 6 months within the first 5 minutes she had decided i had leaky gut, sold me a bunch of natural supplements/herbs/digestive enzymes which i took for a couple days and got very sick, ended up costing over $300. They also got very angry when i called up to cancel the next appointment saying it was impossible their treatment had made me sick because they were all natural.

it seems like the natural health field are very fond of misdiagnosing a handful of conditions like leaky gut, heavy metal, Adrenal fatigue, hormone imbalance, candida, food intolerance and then using unscientific diagnostic tests to back them up. i wish i had researched it a bit more first and not trusted the information on their website because the more that i read about the inaccuracy of their tests and why real doctors don't use them the more ridiculous it all sounds.

Archived